It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Campaign Lacking Donations.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Not that this really matters in the grand scheme of things but it does show that he has lost alot of support. Personally I think it is rediculous to spend that kind of money on a campaign. How much good could that money do elsewhere. And I don't just mean Obama, I mean every politician as well. Take this article for what it's worth. I'm just glad the man is losing support.

online.wsj.com...

Last July, President Obama's campaign announced that it had raised an average of $29 million in each of the previous three months for itself and the Democratic National Committee (DNC). I was only mildly impressed. After all, that was well below the $50 million a month needed to reach the campaign's goal of a $1 billion war chest for the 2012 race.

It's not for lack of trying. Mr. Obama has already attended 103 fund-raisers, roughly one every three days since he kicked off his campaign last April (twice his predecessor's pace).

For another, many of Mr. Obama's 2008 donors are reluctant to give again. The Obama campaign itself reported that fewer than 7% of 2008 donors renewed their support in the first quarter of his re-election campaign.

That virtually all Republicans and many independents consider Mr. Obama a failure is obvious. But many Democrats are disappointed with him, too. The president's difficulty in raising campaign cash is evidence of this. He is working a lot harder than he thought he would to raise a lot less than he had hoped.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Judging from the state of the world economy and people's personal finances (also from comments here on ATS by members) this really doesn't surprise me. The Campaign Circus just seems to be an excuse for them to literally burn hundreds of millions of dollars on frivolous things that has absolutely nothing to do with politics. A feel good exercise where people get to shout and cheer for corrupt people while waving their silly flags and banners.

On a related note I saw Obama mugs on some site (possibly Obama's own site) that were being sold for 22.50. One mug. Well 2, the one who ordered it and the one they received. (Mug is English slang (?) for an idiot, just to be clear)

edit on 16/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Money isn't everything. Hell, if crazy ass Santorum can beat Romney's multi-million dollar ad campaign...it's not a big deal.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I never heard anyone but right wing talkers say Obama planned on having a billion dollars. Where does that even come from? It sounds like 'make up that he wants a billion dollars and then mock him when he does not reach it" to me.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LErickson

I never heard anyone but right wing talkers say Obama planned on having a billion dollars. Where does that even come from? It sounds like 'make up that he wants a billion dollars and then mock him when he does not reach it" to me.

They say it to ramp up support for their own candidates. Despite the rhetoric....Obama is not the quintessential wall street candidate....Romney is. Yes, Obama is going to get money from them as well....in hopes of covering their bets.

The best thing about obama's second term...he wouldn't have to worry about it. Two and done...

top topics

join