It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Santorum jumps the shark. Pledges to make porn illegal

page: 19
58
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Santorum truly is a christian Ayatollah.
If you want to know what it's like living in Iran, vote in Santorum and we'll be there.




posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX
 

He's dumb.

Any money spent on chasing after porn sellers/buyers could be spent on educating people so they do not need to become a prostitute or are less likely to indulge in addictions in response to failure(s).

A pretty/sexy woman will fall back on her physical attributes if she feels the others have failed her. If you reduce the likelihood of this happening then you can keep her on the straight and narrow.

His problem is he mixes up unhealthy things with evil things and can't discriminate very well.

People react differently to evil things and unhealthy things because they're different.

Mixing them up might have weird unforeseeable consequences.

People need life skills and self-respect, not jail-time. But that's just my opinion.
edit on 17-3-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
Santorum truly is a christian Ayatollah.
If you want to know what it's like living in Iran, vote in Santorum and we'll be there.


And that is really not funny. Because its too true.

Organized religions are losing "flockers" by the hundreds. If you've ever officially joined a church -- try getting your name officially removed. This is how they keep their counts up - - even though their actual "butts in pews" is dwindling drastically.

Religion is losing its strangle hold on America - - - they're scared and fighting back.

The LGBT is finally publicly going after the Media Vocal Family Values Anti-Gay groups - - - for their lies and false rhetoric. I think 11 more groups have been added this last year to the Southern Poverty Law Center - - official Hate List.

Santorum is their hero. Don't underestimate them.



posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101
 


And the POTUS we have now would never use his Executive Authority for any thing now would he....




The answer to ensure better morals can only be better obtain through continual education


And what do you think the educators have been busy doing of late? They have been more preoccupied with telling our kids what sexual mores the State thinks they should have than teaching them math. In fact the agenda is so morally reprehensible as to be wicked.
edit on 17-3-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Santorum is their hero. Don't underestimate them.


Ain't going to happen. His base is pretty marginal. Once out of the south he's toast.



posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Thank you Santorum, for being so concerned about my privates and wanting to dictate to me what I can think of and view in the privacy of my own home.

You know...this whole social conservatism thing..not a big fan overall



Rick Santorum declares war on pornography: I will ban hardcore porn if I’m elected President

"America is suffering a pandemic of harm from pornography," the former Pennsylvania senator writes. "It contributes to misogyny and violence against women. It is a contributing factor to prostitution and sex trafficking."

He demands a crackdown on the distribution of hardcore pornography on the Internet, in addition to material on cable/satellite TV, hotel/motel TV, retail shops and through the mail.

What qualifies as "hardcore" remains unclear.

Sour ce

First it was illegal porn, now its make all hardcore porn illegal, then you enforce it. shut off the net with any naughty bits showing, etc.

How is this guy basically the frontrunner for conservatives? Seriously...someone explain to me the thinking going on here for a fan of Santorum whom also has even a slight understanding of "life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness" Does that only apply if you have social conservative Amish style values, otherwise, too bad?

Get out of my bedroom!



You think he is wrong?

There is a town in NJ called Hewitt. In this town lives a porn maker that preys on young kids . As long as they are 18 and considered adult, he will ply them with drugs and pay them ridiculous money to have unprotected sex on film with each other for his production company.
Most porn is about taking advantage and they do. They destroy peoples lives.

If you think people like this deserve to be in business making blood money then I feel for you.



posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Annee
Santorum is their hero. Don't underestimate them.


Ain't going to happen. His base is pretty marginal. Once out of the south he's toast.


Oh I totally agree.

But - no one should underestimate the Religious Political Power.



posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
But - no one should underestimate the Religious Political Power.


30 years ago maybe. As Carlin said, "Organized crime(Teamsters) and Organized religion(Moral Majority) making America better." Circa 1984.
We are too disparate now as a society. Hell, we elected a Black man. Never thought I would see that. Pleasantly surprised we evolved that far. The next one may be a Mormon. I ain't saying it's going to happen but I wouldn't be surprised. Religion is mattering less today, as a rule.



posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
And what do you think the educators have been busy doing of late? They have been more preoccupied with telling our kids what sexual mores the State thinks they should have than teaching them math. In fact the agenda is so morally reprehensible as to be wicked.


Gee - you mean they are preparing them for the real world of social diversity?

A world many parents try to hide and deny?

What's a government for - - - if not to prepare the next generation for who their neighbor might be?

Government does not have to provide public schools. Public school is a gift. If you want more then public school is providing - - You teach your kid - - or put them in a private school. And don't whine - - that you can't afford private school. That's your problem.



posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Thaxter
 


Please also check out this video that claims that boys' minds are being digitally rewired. Boys are not longer able to conduct normal romantic relationships.

The Demise of Guys by Philip Zimbardo:

www.youtube.com...

Sorry, I don't know how to embed this . . . but it's only four minutes and pretty entertaining.



posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameliaair
 


And where does personal responsibility come into play?

There are plenty of 18 year olds that graduate high school and choose NOT to enter into the business. Or to get hooked on drugs for that matter.

We need to stop victimizing adults who are making conscious decisions that in turn have a negative impact on their life. We all have the ability to live and learn from our mistakes. If you're in the industry and unhappy with it, pick yourself up and get out. If you're offered drugs and feel like that is not the best choice for you, turn them away. If you're addicted to drugs, there is help. Too often do addicts get into this mindset that they are powerless to their addiction. The truth is, they're not.

I understand addiction (true addiction, like drugs, alcohol, etc.) is real. I understand it's hard to overcome. But it isn't impossible.



posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 



Annee, how do you know what other parents are doing? Are you inside their homes observing? Are you asking them? Have they told you that they are trying to hide stuff ? I think you mistake not putting stuff in front of them with hiding it. There is no reason to put much of it in front of them in schools, and you know perfectly well I don't mean the human reproductive system as science.



posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Annee
But - no one should underestimate the Religious Political Power.


30 years ago maybe. As Carlin said, "Organized crime(Teamsters) and Organized religion(Moral Majority) making America better." Circa 1984.
We are too disparate now as a society. Hell, we elected a Black man. Never thought I would see that. Pleasantly surprised we evolved that far. The next one may be a Mormon. I ain't saying it's going to happen but I wouldn't be surprised. Religion is mattering less today, as a rule.


I was born in 1946. I've been watching this for a long time.

I started out Christian - - then went on a God quest trying many beliefs - including Mormon. I finally accepted - I think its all nonsense.

Religion is definitely losing its power - - - but they're like a wounded animal - - - and that's something never to turn your back on.



posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
there goes my vote haha



posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thaxter
reply to post by Thaxter
 


Please also check out this video that claims that boys' minds are being digitally rewired. Boys are not longer able to conduct normal romantic relationships.

The Demise of Guys by Philip Zimbardo:

www.youtube.com...

Sorry, I don't know how to embed this . . . but it's only four minutes and pretty entertaining.


The thing about the Internet - - - you can find anything you want to make a point.

Although - - I'm not quite sure what point you are seriously trying to make.



posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 


My point is that scientific information has shown that heavy Internet erotica users are experiencing perplexing, unexpected effects: escalation to more extreme material, concentration difficulties, sexual performance problems, radical changes in sexual tastes, social anxiety, irritability, inability to stop, and obsessive-compulsive symptoms.

Erectile dysfunction in one's 20s is a very common problem for men who become addicted to internet porn in adolescence.

If you will watch the video link, it gives a succinct overview of the problems men are facing as a result of their addiction to the internet, particularly with regard to their ability to engage in meaningful heterosexual romantic relationships.



posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Annee
 



Annee, how do you know what other parents are doing? Are you inside their homes observing? Are you asking them? Have they told you that they are trying to hide stuff ? I think you mistake not putting stuff in front of them with hiding it. There is no reason to put much of it in front of them in schools, and you know perfectly well I don't mean the human reproductive system as science.


You bring this up in almost every thread.

The sex ed you claim is so harmful - - is about young children understanding families are not exclusively one man and one woman - - but can be a mixture of race - ethnicity - religion - disabled - same gender parents. Actual Sex education begins in 5th grade.

As far as a child not learning math. Almost every school has levels of ability. If you want your child in an Accelerated math class - - then its yours and your child's responsibility to do the work needed to be placed in that class.



posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thaxter
Erectile dysfunction in one's 20s is a very common problem for men who become addicted to internet porn in adolescence.


Did you already post a link to that? If not would you please. I'm WAY past that and can't even imagine a man in his 20's having that problem.



posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ameliaair
You think he is wrong?

Yes...otherwise I wouldn't have made this thread.


There is a town in NJ called Hewitt.

There are many towns in NJ


In this town lives a porn maker that preys on young kids . As long as they are 18

Psst...18 years old = not a kid.
Old enough to die for your country, old enough not to be called a kid imo.


and considered adult,

An adult is anyone my age or older..anyone a year younger than me is a kid...so says me


18 is the age of consent pretty much all across the US. younger in some parts.


he will ply them with drugs

Drugs are illegal. If there was proof of this, the guy would be in prison.


and pay them ridiculous money to have unprotected sex on film with each other for his production company.

My god. Someone pays money to employ others services.
what madness is this...who would pay someone money to do stuff???!!!

oh..right...every single business that has ever existed...

I want ridiculous amounts of money when I have sex!!!
alas, no such luck. meh..will just be glad its still free then.


Most porn is about taking advantage and they do. They destroy peoples lives.

So does banking..yet people still become bankers.



If you think people like this deserve to be in business making blood money then I feel for you.

If they are following proper business procedures, then they deserve to be in business like any other industry. Who are you to judge anyhow?
You think some McDonalds kid eating Miccy-D's every day and watching his cholestoral shoot through the roof is somehow doing great work and corporate MacD is a wonderful humanitarian business?
What about those Miners whom go down and effectively cut their life expectancy in half due to breathing in coal dust and soot 40+ hours a week...

In almost all jobs, there is risk to reward considerations that someone makes based on their own personal decisions and what is important to them at the time.

Did you know, someone in the military..keep in mind, it is a 18 year old "kid", but someone in the military can actually get shot as part of their job? Talk about madness...you want to protect the kid? you want to stay true to your outrage? then shut down the military. Getting a bit of booty verses being raped and shot to death (potentially tortured to death)..which one is more harmful to a person...hmm.



posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thaxter
reply to post by Annee
 


My point is that scientific information has shown that heavy Internet erotica users are experiencing perplexing, unexpected effects: escalation to more extreme material, concentration difficulties, sexual performance problems, radical changes in sexual tastes, social anxiety, irritability, inability to stop, and obsessive-compulsive symptoms.


Did you research who did the study? Did you find out where they got their funding from?

Have you checked to see if they have any other studies. Do their studies seem bias in one direction?




top topics



 
58
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

log in

join