It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suffering from Social Phobia. Advice Needed.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillarie
Nutritional adjustments can sometimes make big changes. Find an orthomolecular psychiatrist or a naturopath doctor and ask for help in this area. Some allergic reactions to foods can cause profound brain changes. These are not allergies in the sense they are usually thought of - I'm not talking about itching or rashes or anaphalactic shock. There are other kinds. Changing what you eat and taking the right supplements can make a huge difference.

I quite agree.

IIRC . . . the B vitamins can be keys as well.

I think it's usually greatly more healthy for individuals to take an active part in treatment CHOICES

than to just swallow mindlessly and willy-nilly the current POLITICAL trends in psychiatry etc.

And believe me, politics plays a BIG part in psychiatry and psychology.

. . . as does BIG PHARMA . . .

Sigh.

edit on 19/3/2012 by BO XIAN because: an addition

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I completed the composition. It is more narrational than what Bo asked from me in case you are wondering about the first two minutes. Here it is for those interested in hearing it:

Fanfare

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander1111

Great. Others can listen.

I'd forgotten, that was just the first 2 minutes.

Sounds like a good plan.

However, it's also fine like it is, imho.

Have a great day at work.

I hope it's fun picturing your NEW parameters unfolding . . . your new expanded comfort zones.

Later . . . am just up clearing my nose and sinuses out.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Hi Bo!

I did the different pair of shoes exercise today. I will take a nap and will write more later.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

WOW! YEA!

CONGRATS!

Happy to hear/read when it's convenient.

Thx thx.

edit on 20/3/2012 by BO XIAN because: doh fix quote code

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

So, first of all, I just completed the summary exercise and searching for relaxation techniques. I read three websites regarding panic attacks, but only did one summary. Is that too bad?

Anyway, here is the summary and what I learnt from this exercise:

Summary

Panic attacks may be symptoms of an anxiety disorder. More than 20% of Americans will suffer from them at some point of their lives. The first panic attack usually happens between 15-19 and seems to be unprovoked. Usually, the sufferer is engaged in some activity when a panic attack occurs and as a result that person develops a fear of engaging in this activity, lest he has a panic attack again. Panic attacks usually last more than 10 minutes and can be very distressing. Nocturnal panic attacks, though less frequent, are also possible and are usually associated with depression and other psychiatric disorders.

Some of the symptoms during a panic attack are difficulty breathing, trembling, unexplained terror, perceptual distortions, dizziness and hot flashes among others. The causes for panic attacks are not specific, but ways of thinking, biological vulnerabilities, social stressors even genetics seem to play some role.

Treatments for controlling panic attacks include medication, herbal supplements such as kava, valerian or passionflower and psychotherapy and specifically Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Usually a combination of psychotherapy and medication is the most effective treatment while regular exercise and avoidance of substances such as alcohol or caffeine also help. If panic attacks are left untreated they can lead to a number of other psychiatric conditions such as agoraphobia, depression, avoidance of social situations etc. Prolonged sufferers are also more vulnerable to heart diseases.

So, basically, I believe I just learnt that I also suffer from panic disorder (yay!). I now know that this first panic attack I had made me totally afraid of going to sleep because of the irrational fears it made me have. I also think that the panic attacks I had as a teenager also played a role in developing social anxiety disorder. I learnt that even though panic attacks are real, they can be relatively easily controlled if you are able to remain calm. In my case, where it happens while I am sleeping, it would help if I immediately acknowledged that I am currently having a panic attack and not let my mind speculate whether I am going crazy or having a seizure or try to understand what are all this strange sensations I am having. I know I can control panic attacks and stop them from happening, but I also know that if I want to get rid of them I must reduce my anxiety level to normal values.

The relaxation techniques that I liked was the meditation of progressive relaxation and visualisation as well as doing tai chi and qi qong. The problem is that I don't know how to practice qi qong or tai chi so I will have to stick to the first two.

So, now on something completely different. Today, as I said before, I tried wearing a pair of two different shoes. I did it for the whole day and I must admit it wasn't very difficult doing it. I wore the shoes at work and I also had to go at the bank, the pharmacy and the grocery store so I had a lot of exposure to people. I am thinking of doing it again tomorrow, but I don't know if it will help. Perhaps, I should do it again when I decide to go to the centre and combine it with the jam exercise... What do you think?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander1111
reply to post by BO XIAN

So, first of all, I just completed the summary exercise and searching for relaxation techniques. I read three websites regarding panic attacks, but only did one summary. Is that too bad?

HEY, BRO,

NOT AT ALL. CONGRATS ON ALL YOU'RE ACCOMPLISHING SO QUICKLY! YEA! YEA! YEA!

Summary

Panic attacks may be symptoms of an anxiety disorder. More than 20% of Americans will suffer from them at some point of their lives. The first panic attack usually happens between 15-19 and seems to be unprovoked. Usually, the sufferer is engaged in some activity when a panic attack occurs and as a result that person develops a fear of engaging in this activity, lest he has a panic attack again. Panic attacks usually last more than 10 minutes and can be very distressing. Nocturnal panic attacks, though less frequent, are also possible and are usually associated with depression and other psychiatric disorders.

Some of the symptoms during a panic attack are difficulty breathing, trembling, unexplained terror, perceptual distortions, dizziness and hot flashes among others. The causes for panic attacks are not specific, but ways of thinking, biological vulnerabilities, social stressors even genetics seem to play some role.

Treatments for controlling panic attacks include medication, herbal supplements such as kava, valerian or passionflower and psychotherapy and specifically Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Usually a combination of psychotherapy and medication is the most effective treatment while regular exercise and avoidance of substances such as alcohol or caffeine also help. If panic attacks are left untreated they can lead to a number of other psychiatric conditions such as agoraphobia, depression, avoidance of social situations etc. Prolonged sufferers are also more vulnerable to heart diseases.

Excellent summary.

Would be good to provide a link for other sufferers, however. And where your text is not paraphrased, to use the

ex & /ex tags in brackets.

Also, I don't know if the article mentioned or not . . . sufficiently intense first experiences can result in full blown or rapidly developing phobias. I'm glad you've not quite gone that route.

So, basically, I believe I just learnt that I also suffer from panic disorder (yay!). I now know that this first panic attack I had made me totally afraid of going to sleep because of the irrational fears it made me have.

Going to persist in helping you with your word choices and wording here . . .

Would have been more constructive to have worded it . . .

". . . I now know that this first panic attack I had left me FEELING almost totally afraid of going to sleep because of the irrational fears it left me FEELING."

Those may seem like minor changes but they have powerful effects in your brain and your subconscious.

Running out of characters.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Here is the website I used for the summary:

www.medicinenet.com...

You are right about the wording. I will take more notice what I am saying and how I am saying it.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

reply to post by BO XIAN

I also think that the panic attacks I had as a teenager also played a role in developing social anxiety disorder.

ABSOLUTELY.

I learnt that even though panic attacks are real, [color=66CCFF]they can be relatively easily controlled
[color=66CCFF]if you are able to remain calm.

[color=66CCFF]ABSOLUTELY INDEED! YEA! CONGRATS ON YOUR LEARNING AND INSIGHT.

In my case, where it happens while I am sleeping, it would help if I immediately acknowledged that I am currently having a panic attack
[color=66CCFF]and not let my mind speculate whether I am going crazy
[color=66CCFF]or having a seizure
[color=66CCFF]or try to understand what are all this strange sensations I am having.

[color=66CCFF]ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

It is helpful to remember that

FEELINGS, SENSATIONS ARE INFORMATION.
They are NOT the law!
They are NOT God!
They are NOT air, water, food, clothing, shelter, transportation . . .

There are merely information.

They MAY be important information that's useful, even wonderful etc.
They MAY be destructive information, urgings, traps, seductions, temptations toward poisonous stuff etc.

You CAN CHOOSE to file the information in a

--WAIT INDEFINITELY BASKET
--TRASH BASKET
--PENDING NOT TOO LONG BASKET
--ACTION SOON BASKET

or, in terms of emergency info--such as touching a hot stove--ACT IMMEDIATELY.

I'm reminded of the famous evangelist of a hundred or so years ago . . . I think it was Smith Wigglesworth.

Satan himself appeard in his bedroom to try and hassle him. Smith Wigglesworth looked up from his bed and said

"Oh, it's only you." And turned over and went back to sleep.

That's the FITTING AND PROPER RESPONSE to the panic stuff.

[color=66CCFF]AVOID GIVING IT PLACE IN YOUR LIFE.
[color=66CCFF]AVOID GIVING IT MENTAL "AIR TIME" IN YOUR BRAIN.
[color=66CCFF]AVOID GIVING IT POWER OVER YOU in any respect.

I know I can control panic attacks and stop them from happening, but I also know that if I want to get rid of them I must reduce my anxiety level to normal values.

GREAT INSIGHT.

AND YOU ARE BEGINNING TO! DO YOU SEE THE PROGRESS YOU'RE MAKING, YET??? Have you begun already to feel a bit differently in some situations?

The relaxation techniques that I liked was the meditation of progressive relaxation and visualisation as well as doing tai chi and qi qong.

I think the progressive relaxation and visualization can be powerful.

I'm not at all in favor of the tai qi nor the qi gong as my personal construction on reality is that they seductively and gradually open individuals up to other dimensional yuckies.

So, now on something completely different. Today, as I said before, I tried wearing a pair of two different shoes. I did it for the whole day and I must admit it wasn't very difficult doing it.

[color=66CCFF]YEA! CONGRATULATIONS!.
[color=66CCFF]SNOOPY DANCE!.
[color=66CCFF]SNOOPY CELEBRATION!.

I wore the shoes at work and I also had to go at the bank, the pharmacy and the grocery store so I had a lot of exposure to people. I am thinking of doing it again tomorrow, but I don't know if it will help. Perhaps, I should do it again when I decide to go to the centre and combine it with the jam exercise... What do you think?

As you see fit, is fine.

An exercise CAN have continued helpfulness AS LONG AS you have the least bit of anxiety about it.

WHEN you reach the point that it's YAWN material and you have absolutely no anxiety or extremely low level and extremely brief anxiety--then it's usefulness is about done. You are the best judge of all that.

I would wish for you . . . that you could begin to take any such exercises and similar ones of your own imagination . . . as opportunities to play jokes on the public . . . and on people who have dared to imagine you as wimpy or anxious . . . and on life and the world and on all that would hold you back.

That such exercises begin almost immediately to be CHOSEN by you as a kind of

COMING OUT PARTY ADVENTURE where your creativity and unfolding, flowering, EXPANDING are springing forcefully onto the world stage in your own unique, brilliant, creative, FUN ways.

Can you get my drift? Can you imagine that?

You have likely seen some of the FLASH MOB stuff . . . like that!

out of char
edit on 20/3/2012 by BO XIAN because: Color chge

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

GREAT!

THANKS.

It is a law of life . . .

we more or less become what we focus on.

You have choice about what you focus on.

You CAN

TRAIN

yourself to ignore destructive thoughts, urges, FEELINGS, sensations.

It might be very difficult in a prisoner of war situation but it is even possible there.

If it is possible there, it is possible anywhere.

Viktor Frankl's MAN'S SEARCH FOR MEANING demonstrated how focus on constructive meaningful stuff is lifesaving--even in a POW death camp.

It can also save from heart attacks etc. in normal life now.

I just want to note that

[color=66CCFF]you are a TREASURE AND A JOY TO KNOW.

Thx for the honor of interacting with you.

edit on 20/3/2012 by BO XIAN because: color code goof

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

reply to post by BO XIAN

I will take more notice what I am saying and how I am saying it.

Wise choice.

One insures and perpetuates your FEELINGS being your slave master.

The other puts YOU IN CHARGE of your feelings--which is much more life giving and productive, healthy.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Thank you Bo!

I have a question regarding relaxation techniques. When is the best time to practice them? When I wake up? During my siesta? Before going to sleep?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

The BEST time to at least practice the breathing or the progressive muscle relaxation

is at first hint of anxiety.

The goal is to TRAIN, to rewire your brain and nervous system to

AUTOMATICALLY GO INTO RELAXATION MODE

INSTEAD OF

anxiety mode.

So you would be USING the stimulus of the "normally" anxiety triggering stimulus to

initiate INSTEAD, a relaxation response or at least a relaxation exercise.

Is that clear enough?

Certainly it's a good thing to do it to help you get into sleep mode at night.

And, it's good at work or any social situation just prior to what would be a presentation of a formerly anxiety triggering stimulus or situation.

And, of course, it's good at any time one starts to feel anxious.

In the first weeks, it may be fairly frequently.

After several weeks, it will likely be a lot less.

Relaxation aborts the dump of corrosive cortisol into your blood stream that anxiety FIGHT/FLIGHT normally triggers.

Yea for that!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Hey, SUPER ALEXANDER,

Congrats on all your progress. Thanks for the email.

I don't know if you have been able to guess or not . . . but I thought I should spell it out a bit more clearly for you and for many who may be learning over your shoulder, so to speak.

Let Snoopy be a kind of . . . Hallmark--or--symbol.

Particularly his Joy of Living serendipity attitude and manner.

I have been TRYING to set some things up for you which would foster within you a growing tendency

to

ABANDON self-conscious anxiety kinds of perspectives, sensibilities, etc.

and just

LET IT ALL GO

--to DANCE through live instead of shiver and grovel.

--TO SING down the street (at least in your head) instead of hide behind an umbrella.

--TO skip down the street instead of shuffle nervously.

--TO IGNORE what others think wholesale . . . and do what fits YOU REGARDLESS of their responses or reactions.

Of course, there are some limits. I'm NOT suggesting you cavort down mainstreet in your birthday suit! There have to be SOME limits! LOL.

However, this is a great age for these sorts of exercises . . . any style of clothing is OK nowadays.

ALMOST any kind of behavior is at least tolerable if not OK to most people most of the time in most contexts.

So, you really have it pretty easy. Imagine doing all this in the Victorian era! LOL.

I have hoped that increasingly you'd be TEMPTED AT LEAST,

TO HAVE FUN with the exercises

and to HAVE FUN playing with people's responses.

I think that's a little bit of what you did with your uncle recently though you didn't exactly feel that way overtly at the time. Your responses to him WERE WONDERFUL.

So, please, PLEASE feel free, invited, encouraged

to healthily abandon to FUN in any and all of the exercises.

Make the world YOUR stage to do AS YOU SEE FIT on it.

If you get applause, GREAT.

If you don't, GREAT--AT LEAST YOU DID WHAT YOU SAW FIT TO DO--AND THAT'S PROGRESS! GREAT PROGRESS.

The skeptical and prissy can just go suck rocks or wallow in their own insecurities and misery. YOU ARE GROWING ON!

Maybe I can put it this way . . .

[color=66CCFF]WHEN
[color=66CCFF]YOU CAN INTERNALLY
[color=66CCFF]TRANSFORM
[color=66CCFF]THE GOAL
[color=66CCFF]OF THE EXERCISES
[color=66CCFF]INTO
[color=66CCFF]PRIMARILY HAVING FUN
[color=66CCFF]instead
[color=66CCFF]of
[color=66CCFF]overcoming anxiety reflexes
[color=66CCFF]you'll have almost
[color=66CCFF]LEAPED SUDDENLY
[color=66CCFF]TO THE LAST METERS
[color=66CCFF]OF THE RACE.

[color=66CCFF]YOU'LL HAVE ALMOST
[color=66CCFF]TOTALLY FINISHED THE COURSE
[color=66CCFF]IN RECORD TIME
[color=66CCFF]WITH MINIMAL HASSLES
[color=66CCFF]AND MINIMAL DISCOMFORT

[color=66CCFF]Can you imagine
[color=66CCFF]beginning to
[color=66CCFF]wrap your mind
[color=66CCFF]and your courage
[color=66CCFF]and your practicing efforts
[color=66CCFF]around that stance, that perspective?

[color=66CCFF]Maybe I can translate it musically
[color=66CCFF]In a symponic piece,
[color=66CCFF]There's likely several themes
[color=66CCFF]some tension
[color=66CCFF]some minor keyed challenge
[color=66CCFF]some turmoil, conflict

[color=66CCFF]THEN
[color=66CCFF]either suddenly or gradually
[color=66CCFF]THERE'S A GROWING ADVENTUROUS
[color=66CCFF]CLIMACTIC BREAK-THROUGH
[color=66CCFF]A TRIUMPHANT GLORIOUS DECLARATION OF JOY
[color=66CCFF]A SPLENDID AUDITORY FIREWORKS OF SUCCESS, FUN & GLORY

[color=66CCFF]YOU CAN HAVE THAT
[color=66CCFF]WITH EVERY EXERCISE

Some might not be up to that.

[color=66CCFF]BUT YOU ARE.

edit on 21/3/2012 by BO XIAN because: an addition

edit on 21/3/2012 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Thank you, Bo!

For those interested in what Bo and I are doing, I shared with him how well I did with the shoe exercise yesterday and today and I also shared with him my thoughts and my feelings of continuing doing the exercises knowing that they will continuously get more challenging. Here is what he told me regarding that:

What makes me feel nervous however,

!NO! NO ONE IS !FORCING! YOU TO FEEL NERVOUS!

OK, sooo, what left you feeling nervous, however, was . . . !

is that I know that these exercises will get progressively more difficult. That makes me feel really nervous...

!NO! NO ONE IS !FORCING! YOU TO FEEL NERVOUS!

I also have to motivate myself the moment I am about to do the exercise.

Just realize YOU HAVE A CHOICE. You CAN choose to regress back into a more dysfunctional, anxiety ridden shrinking ball of shaking protoplasm.

OR

YOU CAN CHOOSE to grow, advance,

BY IGNORING the anxious feelings, BY REFUSING TO focus on the negative FANTASIES and FOCUSING INSTEAD on OVERCOMING, BEING AFFIRMING TO YOURSELF, BEING POSITIVE, CHOOSING TO HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE JOKE YOU ARE PLAYING ON THOSE AROUND YOU without them realizing it.

The fact that I feel already exhausted on a psychological level doesn't seem to help either and I have to constantly remind myself I have to keep going.

Welllllll, I understand what it feels like to feel exhausted on a psychological level. AND YOU ARE WELCOME TO TAKE A DAY'S BREAK OR SEVERAL DAYS OR A WEEK OR WHATEVER.

HOWEVER, you'll make faster progress to avoid too long a break. 3-4 hours break or 8-12 hours' break would be tolerable.

It WOULD be better to not focus on the exhaustion--nor to ignore tooo great a level of exhaustion to the degree that it sabotaged your project. Pay DUE attention to serious exhaustion and rest.

AGAIN. TAKE THE BITE SIZED STEPS THAT ARE RIGHT FOR YOU EACH DAY, EACH 4 HOUR PERIOD. REST AND PUSH IT ALL OUT OF YOUR MIND, WHEN IT'S FITTING. YOU ARE THE BEST JUDGE OF THAT.

I am a little bit better, yes. But I am still very afraid of what is to follow. Is this normal? I want to get better, but I am also afraid of doing what is necessary to get better...

YES. THAT'S NORMAL. That's also a symptom of your disorder. That is paying attention to your disorder's buttons instead of telling your disorder--BACK OFF--BACK IN YOUR HOLE!

YOU COULD SAY TO YOURSELF: I'm not going to anticipate anxieties. I will not feed the anxiety monster in that way. I will ignore and resist all thoughts about tomorrow or the next exercise. Instead, I will play my anthem in my head . . . I will soar on the wings of my anthem. I will build in myself the confidence I will need today and tomorrow.

And, really, future exercises should not be any more traumatic than the shoes thing was already. Step by small step does it best. IF YOU TAKE GREAT LEAPS--FINE--BUT ONLY IF YOU FEEL UP TO IT AND ARE DETERMINED TO SUCCEED AT A GREAT LEAP.

The biggest power over you that the anxiety stuff has is to be a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy to you.

And you can STOP that cold before it starts.

My question is how to keep myself motivated. Thank you!

REMEMBER THE POOL OF LIQUID PIG POOP? OR THE PILE OF HORSE #?

Any time you are tempted to return to focusing on the anxieties instead of striding confidently forward . . . FORCE YOURSELF TO PICTURE YOURSELF SWIMMING IN THE PIG POO OR SETTING IN THE PILE OF HORSE # AND RUBBING IT IN YOUR HAIR AND GETTING IT IN YOUR TEETH! LOL.

Alternately, picture yourself confidently dating and marrying a beautiful woman and living happily ever after anxiety disorder free. CONTRAST THE TWO WAYS OF LIVING AND CHOOSE LIFE. CHOOSE FREEDOM.

That's really what you're dealing with--PRISON VS FREEDOM.

So any time you are tempted to relax your motivation toward BECOMING FREE--FORCE YOURSELF TO FACE WHAT YOU WOULD REALLY BE CHOOSING.

IF YOU HAVE TO--go to a horse stable and get a horse biscuit and put it in a Ziploc plastic bag. Maybe half of one. Carry it with you. Whenever you are tempted to focus on the anxieties--take the bag out and look at it and ask yourself if you want to live in a pile of horse # the rest of your life, or not. If you have to, open the bag and smell it, feel it.

Alternately, listen in your head to your anthem. Picture yourself directing a symphony with your anthem and your wife and children rising in a standing ovation afterwards.

CHOOSE LIFE AND FREEDOM, ALEXANDROS. There's no real other choice . . .A LIVING KIND OF DEATH VS LIFE. CHOOSE LIFE.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

WHEN YOU CAN INTERNALLY TRANSFORM THE GOAL OF THE EXERCISES INTO PRIMARILY HAVING FUN instead of overcoming anxiety reflexes you'll have almost LEAPED SUDDENLY TO THE LAST METERS OF THE RACE. YOU'LL HAVE ALMOST TOTALLY FINISHED THE COURSE IN RECORD TIME WITH MINIMAL HASSLES AND MINIMAL DISCOMFORT Can you imagine beginning to wrap your mind and your courage and your practicing efforts around that stance, that perspective?

Yes, I can. In fact, I cannot wait to do the jam exercise because I find it very amusing. I only need to find some free time.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

CONGRATS ON YOUR POSTING ALL THAT! YEA!

However, folks would benefit a lot if you'd give your reflections on what you posted.

Your responses and thoughts on the same. Whatever those were/are.

Feel free.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Yes, I can. In fact, I cannot wait to do the jam exercise because I find it very amusing. I only need to find some free time.

[size=+3][color=66CCFF]YEA! THAT'S THE SPIRIT!.
[size=+3][color=66CCFF]THAT'S THE IDEA!.
[size=+3][color=66CCFF]THAT'S THE VISION OF FREEDOM!.
[size=+3][color=66CCFF]CONGRATULATIONS!.
edit on 21/3/2012 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I believe I only thanked you about your comments (regarding my hesitations and how I can stay motivated) so I guess I will post my reflections here.

So, I still need to pay attention to how I express the way different things affect me so that I don't let myself believe that I don't have any control over how I can respond to them.

Also, every time I feel unmotivated I should remind myself with allegories where I am right now and where I can be if I simply make it through. It also helps if I focus on the good aspects of the exercises and not on the anxiety that they may cause to me (is this wrong wording here? I think it is). These exercises are meant to be funny, so this is what I should try to accomplish by doing them - have fun.

Rest is also important, but it is better to avoid long breaks, lest I lose the momentum I have so far built.

I think I slowly start to realise what social phobia really is in its essence. It's nothing, it's unreal the same way every fear is unreal. It only exists because I allow it. If social phobia is a cell in an endless room which could be considered to be my mind and I am inside that cell then I think that this cell is slowly starting to dissipate. I have been empowering my fears and have been making them have a false existence, but I think it's high time I let them dissolve into nothingness and nurture those qualities with my thought which are aligned with the truth.

Thank you!

Alexander

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Thank you, Bo! You cannot imagine how helpful you have been to me and we have been communicating for less than a week. I am very grateful for what you have so far done for me.

God bless you!
Alex

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join