It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden's final days -- big plans, deep fears

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
My first ATS thread.
Just came down the wire from CNN, saw it on my Droid and didn't see it on the search.

Bin Laden's Final Days - CNN

What does ATS think? This sounds a bit like fabricated information to me, but if it is legit, it sounds a lot like Bin Laden in reality. However, I believe Bin Laden wasn't ever actually killed, especially with the Pentagon claiming they "lost" all evidence of the "raid" on his "compound".

According to senior Obama administration officials who have reviewed the "treasure trove" of the thousands of documents that were picked up by the U.S. Navy SEALs from bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad, the leaders of al Qaeda understood that the group they led was "beleaguered." CNN was given a briefing this week by senior administration officials who have been analyzing the documents.

So this wasn't lost, eh?
edit on 16-3-2012 by Holodomor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Holodomor

I wonder if the correct title of that news was a typo and should be

'Bin Laden's final days -- big plans, deep freeze' and not fears

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Also, the following quote:

Administration officials say it is strange that in all the documents recovered at the bin Laden compound there is no mention at all of al Qaeda's plot to use liquid explosives to bring down as many as seven American, British and Canadian passenger planes flying from Heathrow Airport in 2006. If this plot had succeeded it might have rivaled 9/11 as a spectacular attack.

Blatantly telling the public that this plot was not created by Bin Laden?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Sometimes it's _almost_ possible to believe--just for the briefest moment--that our government was (uncharacteristically) telling the truth about Bin Laden. But then I review in my head the entire fantastic/unrealistic story and the way it played out....

Naaaaah!
edit on 3/16/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holodomor
My first ATS thread.
Just came down the wire from CNN, saw it on my Droid and didn't see it on the search.

Bin Laden's Final Days - CNN

What does ATS think? This sounds a bit like fabricated information to me, but if it is legit, it sounds a lot like Bin Laden in reality. However, I believe Bin Laden wasn't ever actually killed, especially with the Pentagon claiming they "lost" all evidence of the "raid" on his "compound".

According to senior Obama administration officials who have reviewed the "treasure trove" of the thousands of documents that were picked up by the U.S. Navy SEALs from bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad, the leaders of al Qaeda understood that the group they led was "beleaguered." CNN was given a briefing this week by senior administration officials who have been analyzing the documents.

So this wasn't lost, eh?
edit on 16-3-2012 by Holodomor because: (no reason given)

During his final days, bin Laden's world was filled with paranoia. He instructed that Hamza should throw out anything he had taken with him from Iran as it might contain some kind of tracking device, and that he should avoid the company of a man who might have ties to the Pakistani intelligence services.

Bin Laden also reminded his deputies that all internal communications should be made by letter rather than by phone or the Internet.

As a result, according to administration officials, bin Laden had to wait for responses to his queries to his deputies that could sometimes take up to two or three months to be delivered -- surely not an efficient way to run any organization.

Bin Laden also advised his lieutenants that when they kidnapped someone they should take many precautions during the negotiating process and also throw away any bags that contained ransom money because they might also contain a tracking device.

The spectacular set of self-inflicted mistakes made by al Qaeda's affiliate in Iraq weighed heavily on the minds of bin Laden and his top advisers. Privately, they criticized the brutal tactics of al Qaeda in Iraq, which had provoked a tribal uprising against al Qaeda that had dealt a large blow to the group's position in Iraq from 2006 onward.

Until the end, bin Laden remained fixated on attacking the United States, prodding his deputy to "nominate one of the qualified brothers to be responsible for a large operation in the U.S."

According to administration officials, bin Laden's number two, Ayman al-Zawahiri, pushed back, telling bin Laden it was much more realistic to attack American soldiers in Afghanistan than American civilians in the United States.

Bin Laden did urge his followers to scope out opportunities to attack President Obama or Petraeus while they were in Afghanistan. At the time, Petraeus was the commanding general of NATO soldiers in Afghanistan.

Bin Laden noted snidely that killing Obama would pave the way for Vice President Joe Biden to assume the presidency. The al Qaeda leader said Biden was "totally unprepared" for the job.

Above all, bin Laden constantly fretted about his media image, pointing out to his deputies that "a huge part of the battle is in the media."

For the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, bin Laden wanted his media team to emphasize particularly that the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were one of the main reasons for the financial crisis in the United States. (Bin Laden bought his compound in Abbottabad with cash, so presumably he didn't quite understand the dimensions of the subprime mortgage debacle.)

This is all 100% obvious (bad) fiction!
If you believe any of this s**t, you need slapping!

Actors and BSters presenting Asinine BS.

new topics

top topics

join