It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

netflix viewer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
here in the uk we have not had netflix for long. i have had it for only 6 weeks and play it via my ipad2 and use an hd lead to get a perfect picture.
what is the best equipment to use instead of either that or a laptop?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
We use a pc thats dedicated to the TV ..
I hear the little box they sell ,,, um,, name wont come to me ,,,,,
is real nice.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I use a little Sony streaming player box. Picked it up at Walmart for $75, let's me watch Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, Amazon on Demand, Vudu, plus tons of music services including Pandora and Last.fm.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Our DVD player streams Netflix if you're looking to upgrade you can look for one of those.

Some video games double as players for that as well

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The new Apple TV device is the best in my opinion. Roku is also a very good one.

Apple TV

Roku

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

I agree Apple tv rocks and with your ipad you can use it as remote for the apple tv.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
here in the uk we have not had netflix for long. i have had it for only 6 weeks and play it via my ipad2 and use an hd lead to get a perfect picture.
what is the best equipment to use instead of either that or a laptop?

If you go to your Netflix profile there is a list of approved devices you can activate, We use our XBox, but there are other devices available like the Roku set top box that will also stream Youtube, Crackle, Hulu, and any number of other online content providers.

I LIKE IT. For $7.99 a month, the value can't be beaten.

ETA: Roku has no monthly fee (I don't think.) Once you buy it, you own it..
edit on 3/16/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Figzer

is yours the smart Streaming Player?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
reply to post by Figzer

is yours the smart Streaming Player?

I think he's talking about this one.

Sony Media Player
edit on 16-3-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by msfitte
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Our DVD player streams Netflix if you're looking to upgrade you can look for one of those.

Some video games double as players for that as well

How are you getting it play through your dvd player?Is that UK specific?Or am I misunderstanding you...I use it through my xbox and my laptop which is hooked to the tv.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I took out a 30-day trial with Netflix and streamed it through my Xbox in HD, the quality was okay on the whole, but not really happy with the selection of movies. Most of them are too dated and not enough of the newer stuff. Also, it doesn't seem to be updated regularly so I pulled the plug!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I use my ps3

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

That's the one.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
If you aren't in the US the selection is quite limited. However, you can use IP address hiders/ VPN programs to make Netflix think you are signing on in the US and therefor have the US selection which is quite good.

Such as Canadian Netflix has maybe 1/3 the content of the US Netflix.

Then again Canadian Netflix has some things that the US doesn't. Mostly documentaries critical
of the US haha.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by showintail

Works really well through PS3. I was impressed. And use it through the ipad through a lead bought from fleabay for £14

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I use the sony playstation 3 for netflix. It works great. Never had a problem with netflix streaming at all.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
im going for the philips one that gets netflix plus youtube......

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Is it possible to record from netflix using something like audials moviebox 9 ?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
yes, audials moviebox does work if you want to record netflix streaming. i actually own this soft and did a couple of recordings myself. it's a video recording soft which allows you to do converting as well. with netflix for example, it works as a screen recorder (only on your pc or laptop and I think it works on a mac as well thought I wouldn't bet on it) so you basically play the netflix video and record it at the same time from your screen. you cannot install in on your playback device, there is no app for this kind of stuff but if you use it on your laptop and convert it, you can transfer it to your player afterwards. you may also want to check these how to steps: audials.com... in case you need more info.
cheers!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by maiaa

i did install audials moviebox and it works really well once you get the hang of it,.......

top topics

<<   2 >>

join