It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to collectively achieve absolute bliss and then to get lost in that moment forever?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Yes i have studied and reasoned to the point that "it makes the most sense"?
Oneness is not a belief. Oneness is the way it is but the human mind can only work with duality. The mind 'speaks' in opposites, it says 'good/bad' 'right/wrong'. Prior to the mind it just IS.

What is non duality?
youtu.be...
edit on 22-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I have a little issue with the concept of "bliss" as an end, in the Aristotelian sense. Bliss, (which I view as the global maxima on the happiness continuum) is only logically tenable if we have experienced its absence (despair). Total bliss would mean an absence of its opposite, yet without its opposite, it becomes meaningless, ergo Bliss as an end is metaphysically and ethically shallow. Although the "pursuit of happiness" seems to be shoved down our throats, being happy all the time should make one suspicious of emotions and mistrust them, not take their extremes and make them ends.

I distrust feeling blissful more than I mistrust anhedonia. Emotions should never be ends in themselves, if we collectively achieve bliss, we are being manipulated.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad
"Is it possible to collectively achieve absolute bliss and then to get lost in that moment of Thought/Time forever?"

Possibly being a part of a large group experience, like a large religious ritual (or possibly a riot) where you willingly give up a large portion of your individual identity could give you the kind of timeless, absolute bliss you're describing. There is precedent for that. And if a person were to die at that moment, then depending on what you believe, that may carry over into an infinity of a kind.

So, maybe. I think it would probably have to involve death, though, because our day-to-day existences tend to drag us back down to reality pretty quickly.

You're huddled in a trench with 50 other guys, rifle in hand. Fear electrifying you, charging your entire body with energy. A signal is given, you jump up out of the trench and run screaming toward the enemy lines. A bullet hammers through your skull in an explosion of noise and light. That might do it.

edit on 23-3-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

It might help to further the exchange is you defined what "absolute bliss" is. I'm unclear is there is some agreed upon definition for it as seen beyond the earthplane concept of "feeln' groovy" which of course can be easily attained via chemical alteration of the body's chemistry.

I'm unclear if there is some "universal" concept or vibrational state of "absolute bliss" that should exist outside the romance novel definition the earth folks give it. So maybe if you worked a bit more to define what you mean, then the conversation could expand into how or why the collective might all want this at the same time - for example if you're looking for that "absolute bliss" that comes with 3 vicotin, 2 beers and an orgasm for everyone on earth I'd have to pass myself which would be one less individual included in the collective effort.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirrormaker326
I have a little issue with the concept of "bliss" as an end, in the Aristotelian sense. Bliss, (which I view as the global maxima on the happiness continuum) is only logically tenable if we have experienced its absence (despair). Total bliss would mean an absence of its opposite, yet without its opposite, it becomes meaningless, ergo Bliss as an end is metaphysically and ethically shallow. Although the "pursuit of happiness" seems to be shoved down our throats, being happy all the time should make one suspicious of emotions and mistrust them, not take their extremes and make them ends.

I distrust feeling blissful more than I mistrust anhedonia. Emotions should never be ends in themselves, if we collectively achieve bliss, we are being manipulated.

Excellent points!

Sew with that, WE the Souls, the Children of God/Source, live in that absolute bliss you say doesn't have meaning without the opposite, sew then, what's the best way WE can experience the opposite, to give better meaning to that which is an absolute given in WE the Souls Realm?

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

It might help to further the exchange is you defined what "absolute bliss" is. I'm unclear is there is some agreed upon definition for it as seen beyond the earthplane concept of "feeln' groovy" which of course can be easily attained via chemical alteration of the body's chemistry.

I'm unclear if there is some "universal" concept or vibrational state of "absolute bliss" that should exist outside the romance novel definition the earth folks give it. So maybe if you worked a bit more to define what you mean, then the conversation could expand into how or why the collective might all want this at the same time - for example if you're looking for that "absolute bliss" that comes with 3 vicotin, 2 beers and an orgasm for everyone on earth I'd have to pass myself which would be one less individual included in the collective effort.

Absolute bliss is different for everyone, which was one of the points of this thread.

Until We are all reading from the same book, absolute bliss for all is out of reach, but it doesn't mean We have to be on the same page.

Ribbit

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Collectively, No. Not without technology. Reality, (or "bliss" if you will), is subjective.

Individually, Yes. But how could "I" gauge "your" bliss?

Interesting question Toad

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I dont think we would or could get lost in the momment .Quite the opposite I think we would all find ourselfs in that event.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join