It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you give up to have Everything?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this answer has been posted yet, but would it be your "self"?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Smoking would be kinda good. Got to be alive to enjoy everything

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
First, one would need a definition of Everything.
If Everything is anything that can be something...then, that is a place to start in answering the question.
Second...you propose that whatever is yielded is also something that will not be returned (or, will not be a part of "the prize" called Everything)...then, we would know that whatever "Everything is" does not include what would be given up.
As some have stated - "nothing" is what would be given up, and there, we go into the philosophical question of - "Is nothing something?".
If you gave up "nothing" to get "Everything" - I still think you would get "nothing" in return.

On a sidewise slide, though - since Everything would have to include all pain, and all pleasure, and all terror and all peace and all hot and cold and wet and dry...to infinity...I don't know how badly I would want it.

Cool question, though.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Give up everything, to be everything.
Neti, neti- not this, not this. I am none of the 'things'.
I is nothing. When this is realized 'I' is the space that alows everything to be.
edit on 18-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I'd give up ATS to gain all knowing truth instead of the silly "I AM" threads of people claiming to know all truth.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Old toad proverb: if one has a hole in his theory, one has a wet foot.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by VerityPhantom

Maybe you might find the truth if you knew what the 'I am' is. Maybe the silly 'I am' knows. How would you know if you have not found the absolute truth yet?
Gods name is I am that I am.

Those that have found the truth would still be cruxified today.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

lol seriously? Sorry buddy I don't think bible thumpers know the truth anymore than the next regular joe either. religion is a concept of possibilities not fact.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

If you want the truth you will have to find it through 'I am'. I don't care about the bible or religion. 'I am' is the truth, the way and the life.
Maybe you should get off ATS and take a look at 'I am'.

Those that do know the truth pass it on because it is pure love.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Well "I am" is a crock of mess IMO and what you're spouting off about is just philisophical beliefs... Not everyone wants to accept that "love" is the truth. I don't think things are always that simple.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

The truth is not a philishophical 'belief'. It is the one truth. When it is realized there is peace that surpasses all understanding. Only the truth can set you free from the torture of confusion.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Okay if you have it all figured out then what is THE TRUTH? And I don't mean you're crazy talk you're talking now... I mean DA TROOF you know? And if you say love I give up man I'm not going to argue with a bigot.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
This is the most pointless thread I've been a part,

But.....buttuglytoad, you have culled the masses via a flute that most don't understand.

Dew yew kno wat ywer point iS with this thread?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. described bigots with the following quote: "The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract."
It is you who is a bigot, it is you who is intolerant. I point to 'I am' and you argued it.

Please notice that it was you who came to this thread talking about 'the silly "I AM" threads', then proceeded with the phase 'bible thumpers', followed by 'I am is a crock of mess' and then saying that what i spout is 'crazy talk'.
Please check out the definition of the word 'bigot'.

What have you contributed to this thread?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AlonzoTyper

Glad to see you are still with us, Mr. Typer.
Be Well.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Would have to give up fear and the impression that there's never enough, but I can't seem to stop smoking no matter what I do, so I guess I'm a wimp.

Try Sassafras Tea. It will curb the nicotine withdrawl and you can quit.

Ribbit

Really? Can you also smoke sassafras?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

The truth is not a philishophical 'belief'. It is the one truth. When it is realized there is peace that surpasses all understanding. Only the truth can set you free from the torture of confusion.

I beg to differ. Once the truth is known there is no peace.

That is why the truth is hidden.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

This just depends how you define "everything"?

"And Satan answered the LORD, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life."

"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?"

There is a war for your soul. Giving up everything may be the only way to save it... What else matters?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

You have said previously that you do it to piss peeps off.
You are not here to spread happiness. You love to call people stupid. You are here to feed your ego.
You don't have to blow someone elses candle out to make yours shine, if you do the light fades.

And that can werk but the time has come for me to go 100% positive sew I can no longer let my pet peeves get in my way and that even includes you.

It was fun but now things have changed and I am changing with them.

Ribbit

Clueless.......absolutely asinine reasoning for your childish spelling. You can't even keep your reasoning straight.

I'm guessing you are in the 18-23 year range. If so, you have done and continue to do a great disservice to all 18-23 year olds. I'm also guessing you are apart of the generation that got a trophy for finishing sixth? Your writing and reasoning is embarrassing.

Ribbit? Really? I don't get anything you stand for.

Please PM me and explain it......never mind.

In human years I'm 50, just had a B-day a few days ago, but in toad years I'm Zero.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by Razimus

do is a 2 letter word, I must inquire why you prefer to spell it as if you are promoting mountain dew?

And dew is a three lettered werd.

Whether it's esoteric
Or simply generic
When eYe see Three
IT makes me Pee
Does that make me barbaric?

Ribbit

You discredit every thread you start.....who on ATS would take you seriously?

And that is my point: what is your reason for being a member here? You make no sense. At all.

I guess you think Peter Pan doesn't make sense either?

Or Alice Through the Looking Glass?

Or the Wizard of OZ?

But then, you probably think Moby Dick makes perfect sense, yet it's a LIE!

Until you finally realize your nicely ordered werld is an illusion, you won't realize that I make perfect sense.

Sew I will continue to allude your mentality until you wake up.

"If you can't beat'em, re-write the program." - James Kirk

Ribbit

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join