It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you give up to have Everything?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus

do is a 2 letter word, I must inquire why you prefer to spell it as if you are promoting mountain dew?

And dew is a three lettered werd.

Whether it's esoteric
Or simply generic
When eYe see Three
IT makes me Pee
Does that make me barbaric?

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

You have said previously that you do it to piss peeps off.
You are not here to spread happiness. You love to call people stupid. You are here to feed your ego.
You don't have to blow someone elses candle out to make yours shine, if you do the light fades.

And that can werk but the time has come for me to go 100% positive sew I can no longer let my pet peeves get in my way and that even includes you.

It was fun but now things have changed and I am changing with them.

Ribbit

Clueless.......absolutely asinine reasoning for your childish spelling. You can't even keep your reasoning straight.

I'm guessing you are in the 18-23 year range. If so, you have done and continue to do a great disservice to all 18-23 year olds. I'm also guessing you are apart of the generation that got a trophy for finishing sixth? Your writing and reasoning is embarrassing.

Ribbit? Really? I don't get anything you stand for.

Please PM me and explain it......never mind.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
- Tyler Durden

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus

do is a 2 letter word, I must inquire why you prefer to spell it as if you are promoting mountain dew?

And dew is a three lettered werd.

Whether it's esoteric
Or simply generic
When eYe see Three
IT makes me Pee
Does that make me barbaric?

Ribbit

You discredit every thread you start.....who on ATS would take you seriously?

And that is my point: what is your reason for being a member here? You make no sense. At all.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I think a more proper screen name for you would be "lickedtoomanytoads".

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
you can change the definition for yourself and already have everything in nothing.

or everything could be nothing itself.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
you can change the definition for yourself and already have everything in nothing.

or everything could be nothing itself.

God, I hate theology.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I would be willing to give up my life to have everything.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I would give up on my plans to run for president. Is that enough?

edit on 17-3-2012 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I'd be willing to give up on this thread.....

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I'm not sure what has lead you to hate theology, but that's a fairly dark cloud on a sunny day. I could sit here and make up some crap as to why I believe many have came to this emotion in regards to theology. But when you actually study the premise, instead of the history of indoctrinations, it is fascinating, and enlightening.

In regards to the question....

I would give up all developed cognitive biases and psychological predispositions that I have accumulated. Essentially everything that I learned after birth.
By theory, giving up all this, and if I was genetically predispositioned to a healthy brain, fully functional and prime for further developement, now allowing for everything.

The question then becomes, "Would I be willing to loose self, in order to gain everything?"

That answer is simply no, for I currently have a creative force, and can do so out of love. If I were to have everything, this would imply(dependent on interputation) no need for creation, and ultimately the removal of love and replaced with happiness restricted to self. For if I were to share, and allow my 'everything' to become a creative force for others, their biases and predispositions would inescapably fall victim to a dualistic notion in which then will influence me, and change my 'everything' into something that is not conducive to happiness. There for, happiness forever being a pursuit.

And maybe that's just how it really truly works. We are born with everything(healthy babies), and through observation and influence we consistently misinterpret a majority of truths, and fall from grace. Thank you, Nature Verses Nurture.

So I guess, all in all, I will trade nothing for everything, and just keep seeking and knocking until the door opens for me.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by colin42

Aw come on I got it right. I am prepared to give up nothing to get everything and I want my prize before I croak.

You cannot give up yourself to have everything but until you realize you are n0thing, you won't have everything.

Ribbit
I said I would give up nothing. I did not say I would give myself up.

Again I said I would give up nothing which is the only way you could possibly give me everything.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I'd give up my physical existence if it would bring "happiness" to all whom lack it. This current plane of existence is depressing for way too many people.

Especially, though, if those in this thread, who continually argue like juveniles, while calling each other juvenile, would benefit from never wasting so much time arguing about things that make no differences in their lives.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I wish I could give up all recollection of ever opening this thread.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Howdy peeps,

The question presented is:

"What would you give up to have Everything?"

While it may sound contradictory, it isn't and the reason why is because what you give up isn't what you end up with.

So what are you willing to give up to have Everything and what dew you consider to be Everything in that statement?

Ribbit

Everything.

I think of that word, and I think of Nothing.

If I had Everything, life would be boring. There would be no mystery, there would be no surprises, there would be no passion, there would be no comedy, there would be no tragedy, there would be no peace, there would be no love, there would be nothing to experience.

So, I would never make the trade.

I will keep my small amounts of Something and wait until I exist out of linear time to understand Everything.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

It is contradictory, because in order to have literally everything, the thing I give up would be included in everything. This is easy, because it doesn't matter what I give up, for it is only temporary, because I would get it back once I have everything.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
What would you give up to have Everything?

Isn't this the part where Satan smiles and shows you his gold tooth?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
In the words of Jim Morrison: I'm a changeling see me change. I would give up everything current for everything new. I'm here to experience at my will, not to be fed experience.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by hottoboggan

Anyone who believes we are in control of anything, even our own experiences, is naive.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
reply to post by hottoboggan

Anyone who believes we are in control of anything, even our own experiences, is naive.

The lack of control is all in your head

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join