It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea announces plan to launch long-range rocket mounted with satellite.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
AP Exclusive: Satellite reveals mobile radar trailer, empty fuel tanks at NKorea launch site

SEOUL, South Korea - New satellite images of a North Korean rocket launch site show a mobile radar trailer and rows of what appear to be empty fuel and oxidizer tanks, evidence of ramped-up preparation for what Washington calls a cover for a long-range missile test.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
UPDATE:

North Korea 'preparing to unveil missile capable of striking continental US'

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I thought it was a satellite?

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It's a go!

North Korea says ready to launch rocket, prompts warnings with Video

PYONGYANG (Reuters) - Isolated and impoverished North Korea said on Tuesday it was ready to go ahead with its proposed long-range rocket launch, an announcement that sparked immediate condemnation from South Korea and Russia and a plea from China, its main ally, for calm.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

VIDEO:
ca.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
If they can put a satellite into space then they can put a nuclear payload into space as well. They don't even have to have targeting software. A nuclear device detonated over the CONUS, depending on the yield and height of detonation, could send the country back into the 1800's with an EMP.

Considering the North Korean's close relationship with Iran, I would seriously consider taking out that rocket while it is still on the launch pad.
edit on 3/16/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

Attacking a sovereign nation aggressively was a war crime when the Nazis did it.. but it's ok if the DC mafia does it.. gotta love the brain poisoning disease of patriotism.

N Korea can launch all the satellites they want... when NK starts killing innocent people on the scale of the US mafia, aka GOP & DNC "leadership" so called, then I'll agree they should be neutered.

Until then.. I hope the stress from NKs launch gives some in the DC mafia health problems.. loss of sleep, ulcers, alcoholism, drugs use... whatever pisses off the party leaders the most.. they deserve the bad karma.

To wit: "War of aggression"
en.wikipedia.org...

A war of aggression, sometimes also war of conquest, is a military conflict waged without the justification of self-defense, usually for territorial gain and subjugation. The phrase is distinctly modern and diametrically opposed to the prior legal international standard of "might makes right", under the medieval and pre-historic beliefs of right of conquest. Since the Korean War of the early 1950s, waging such a war of aggression is a crime under the customary international law. Possibly the first trial for waging aggressive war is that of Conradin von Hohenstaufen in 1268.[1]

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

Originally posted by OldCorp
If they can put a satellite into space then they can put a nuclear payload into space as well. They don't even have to have targeting software. A nuclear device detonated over the CONUS, depending on the yield and height of detonation, could send the country back into the 1800's with an EMP.

Considering the North Korean's close relationship with Iran, I would seriously consider taking out that rocket while it is still on the launch pad.
edit on 3/16/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

Attacking a sovereign nation aggressively was a war crime when the Nazis did it.. but it's ok if the DC mafia does it.. gotta love the brain poisoning disease of patriotism.

N Korea can launch all the satellites they want... when NK starts killing innocent people on the scale of the US mafia, aka GOP & DNC "leadership" so called, then I'll agree they should be neutered.

Until then.. I hope the stress from NKs launch gives some in the DC mafia health problems.. loss of sleep, ulcers, alcoholism, drugs use... whatever pisses off the party leaders the most.. they deserve the bad karma.

To wit: "War of aggression"
en.wikipedia.org...

A war of aggression, sometimes also war of conquest, is a military conflict waged without the justification of self-defense, usually for territorial gain and subjugation. The phrase is distinctly modern and diametrically opposed to the prior legal international standard of "might makes right", under the medieval and pre-historic beliefs of right of conquest. Since the Korean War of the early 1950s, waging such a war of aggression is a crime under the customary international law. Possibly the first trial for waging aggressive war is that of Conradin von Hohenstaufen in 1268.[1]

That's a BS argument and you know it. I'm only stating facts. If you knew me at all, you'd know that I'm about as anti-war as they come. Iraq, Libya, and now Syria are all places where we have no business interfering, and I'm beginning to question Afghanistan; but NK is a rogue nation that has threatened the US and their neighbors in the south repeatedly over the years. And let's not forget they way the citizens in NK suffer under the regime either (although that should be none of our business right?)

The US has tried to engage North Korea for decades and they have proven they can not be counted upon to keep their promises. As long as the Kim cult of personality exists, the people of NK will suffer and the country itself will pose a threat to its neighbors. If they develop ballistic missile technology that can reach the CONUS they will either use it, or sell it to someone who will. That can not be allowed to happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join