It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invisible Children Co-founder arrested for public masturbation and drunkenness

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Anyone consider the possibility that he might have been dosed? You would think that after achieving international stardom that one would cut down on the acid or whatever he's taking at least until he was out of the media spotlight...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It's not too surprising that this poor guy has been mocked by the Left. The Sun newspaper was talking about it today. One of its columnists sarcastically pretended to be a Lefty by saying: "How dare a white American Christian criticise an African freedom fighter? Isn't that imperialism?"

This guy obviously needs help. It's not simply a case that he was drunk (he did not have a drink or drugs problem), otherwise he would not be about to be sent to a psychiatric unit for tests. It is believed that the sudden attention may have caused him harm mentally.

Russell's wife Danica said Russell never expected to attract such massive attention.

She added: "Jason has not had a substance abuse or drinking problem and this episode wasn't caused by either of those things.

"He did some irrational things brought on by extreme exhaustion and dehydration."

Ben Keesey, of the Invisible Children charity created by Russell, said: "The past weeks have taken a severe emotional toll on all of us, Jason especially."

It's just tragic that something like this can happen to the leader of the noble campaign to try and bring an evil warlord, responsible for sending 30,000 children into sex slavery and combat, to justice.

And the Nasty Left are a disgrace for mocking his ill health.

Hopefully this guy will recover soon and get back to running his campaign.

www.thesun.co.uk...

edit on 18-3-2012 by Sicksicksick because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2012 by Sicksicksick because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It seems like all the opinions that I've read in this thread are that he was on drugs, or that it was some sort of "programming" slip-up.

I prefer the option that he was on drugs because it is much more likely. Even if hypnotic programming existed like some people here believe, the suggestion that the government would waste their time and money on mind control programming for a purpose as frivolous as making a viral Youtube video is, in my opinion, beyond farfetched.

I think the real question to ask in this case is 'did someone dose him?' While I definitely think that it is also definitely possible that he intentionally took drugs to get high, I think there is a good reason to think he may have been dosed with some sort of drug by some random person who didn't like him.

I would hope that someone as media conscious as the creator of the most viral video of all time would be media-sensitive enough to avoid any hardcore drug that would change his behavior in such an extreme way, especially while in the spotlight. Other options are more likely. Maybe some shady character recognized him as the creator of the video, thought the video was a scam, and wanted to discredit him him to teach him a lesson? It could have been anyone, and the proposition that someone dosed him is definitely more likely than some of the more outlandish suggestions here. On the other hand, it's possible he did a lot of drugs for recreational purposes which speaks for itself, or he had a mental breakdown caused by personal instability.

It will telling to see how he responds to questions about this incident when he is able to talk to the press again.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

UPDATE: New Video Of Crazy Naked Man High on PCP

We all know the MSM and those police are full of crap. This man was not exhausted, dehydrated, or stressed. He was high on PCP, and in this thread I and others have posted YT videos of men high on PCP and its the same behavior. You'll have to YT those videos yourself because the MODs removed my video saying it was off topic. I disagree 100%, it was completely on topic, but what can you do?

Anyway, here's the new TMZ footage (which is only 30 seconds long, so you know they are hiding the rest of the footage. Scum bags. Who only records 10/30 seconds of this madness?)

Here's a transcript

:03 "OH my God...WHAT?! *incessant swearing*

:08 "F**king devil! *swears*

:10 "Doing...meth..."

:17 "iPhone, Siri? Over?"

:19 *claps* "YAY!"

:23 "Now the *swears* (Je)sus Christ....OH MY GOD, F**k that s**t, Jesus Christ!"

edit on 18-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

Update: PM me if you want 7 uncut, uncensored minutes of this naked man vandalizing cars. Spoiler, he pisses off multiple people and gets his ass kicked.
edit on 18-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

One word I can clearly hear him say is, "Devil". I think this has much more to do than drugs and booze. Just now realizing that he has been in league with the NWO and the devil perhaps? And is being haunted? How much you want to bet this poor bastard ends up dead or at least locked up for life?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I need to update this update,

Update: PM me if you want 7 uncut, uncensored minutes of this naked man vandalizing cars. Spoiler, he pisses off multiple people and gets his ass kicked.

Turns out the video I saw wasn't Russell but some Russian. Apparently Russell isn't the first guy go nude in public vandalizing cars and generally pissing people off. So sorry folks, no new videos besides the one I posted above. Will update of course if and when something surfaces. I believe TMZ has bought up all the footage so far and is withholding it, only giving us two videos for a total of 40 seconds of footage. What are they hiding is the question?
edit on 19-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
I need to update this update,

Turns out the video I saw wasn't Russell but some Russian. Apparently Russell isn't the first guy go nude in public vandalizing cars and generally pissing people off. So sorry folks, no new videos besides the one I posted above. Will update of course if and when something surfaces. I believe TMZ has bought up all the footage so far and is withholding it, only giving us two videos for a total of 40 seconds of footage. What are they hiding is the question?
edit on 19-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

Well....boooo on yoouuu! Just kidding of course.

I bet your inbox was full.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Just my 2 cents & observation...
I've seen several videos of this rather prissy acting man acting very..bizarre. One video I have watched is in question. I'm not going to link it due to it being instantly chastised and removed, but many of you have watched it already.
It's the 8 minute video with a naked man acting rather feminine and, umm, naked to boot. At first, the naked man is laying on the trunk of a red import car with his legs pulled in the air in a rather provacative gesture to a man in a white van that is attempting to leave his parking place. I am not gay, but if some dude was doing that and directing it my way..I'd have to say that I was being propositioned for gay sex. Upon the man in the white man's rejection of said offer, the naked man removes himself from the trunk of the car and proceeds to walk in front of the leaving motorist person to mini-van and they have a mexican standoff with no fear displayed by the n/m, indicating he's possibly under the influence of a hardcore substance at this point. Naked man then flips the proverbial bird to the driver, driver responds by moving his van forward and nudging the naked man with the vehicle. Naked man then bangs his fists against the windscreen of the van then prances away jumping up and down in some sort of joyous victory dance. Motorist exits his van to inspect possible damage to the front of his vehicle and continues to be taunted my joyous man in an altered state of mind.
While the driver is concluding his inspection and proceeding the leave the area, said naked man continues his victory dance, but this time, he is atop a car in a row of parked cars. After dancing and jumping from car to car, leaving various indentations in the roofs of these vehicles, the last car presented somewhat of a leap of faith. He landed shoulder first, and hard, on the roof of final car and slid off to the ground. Rising immediately up, and as if no personal pain or injury having occured, he then continues on and assaults and received a nice jab to his jaw from the man whose car he slid off from. The man is unphased...this continuing on to the point of him being kicked and punched by a mob of men while on the ground.
What I am getting at here, is this guy is NOT drunk. He was shouting doing...meth....while doing his fist pounds in the 13 second tmz video, and that is pretty much given this is Jason Russel. While there is some talk that the longer video with the car vandalism is not Mr. Russel, but another naked man with similar build from Russia from some time back. This could make sense, due to the number of foreign cars parked in that lot, but remember folks, we are talking about trendy Cali here, these cars would not be an uncommon occurance.
I believe, at least to this point and with further analyzation pending, that the man in the vandalism video is preliminarily Jason Russel. Let's say it is for conspiracy's sake..
If so, the man we are seeing is NOT drunk. At the very minimum, he is under an illegal controlled substance. He has already allegedly shouted "doing....meth..." but that could be mute. He appears to be under the infuence of something much more mind altering in my opinion. Perhaps PCP, and this would correlate with his feelings of invincibility in addition to the bizarre behaviour. However, meth is not out of the question, but dealing with the people that he is involved with, I could easily imagine possible he was dosed with a shot of the proverbial Intelligence Community brain gravy in a syringe. Instant Psychiatric Internment & Evaluation are the guaranteed results of such an action. Research our old advasaries in the former U.S.S.R. if you are uneducated on such techniques

This leaves us with why. Considering the possibility that this was a covert, psychological operation as prelude propaganda for military action and eventual occupation of Continent Africa. As one of their operations in this propaganda blitz, KONY2012 was one of their front organizations. With all of the critiquing and investigation along with scrutiny that this organization has received in the last week, I feel that the true men behind the scenes felt their operation may be compromised and exposed soon. In reaction to this, they take their most prominent faceman of this campaign and lay such a trash/smear job on him the only thing people will remember of KONY2012 from henceforth is some whacked out guy pavement slapping and bouncing off cars. In their minds, people will be distracted by the nudity and insane behaviour the masses seem to gravitate to and forget anything deeper associated with the KONY2012.
I may also add....the medical problems released so far have said nothing other than the man was dehydrated, malnourished, mental exhaustion. Ya know, these are all symptoms of someone that has been up on a multi-day meth/pcp binge without eating or drinking and going full speed the whole time. Or another, more sinister, drug used by those 3 letter word agencies.

edit on 20-3-2012 by Marrr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I just watched the video and that is textbook schizophrenia.

Tangentile, disconnected, unable to stay on task or thought.

He's a little old for it to be emergent, my guess is that he's been medicated since college. The stress of the KONY 2012 affair could easily knock his levels out of whack. Most schizo breaks are triggered by a stressful event or situation.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Maybe he can say it actually was an invisible woman who did that to him, that was an invisible child he rescued years ago...then again

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
strange happenings.
i keep connecting this guys actions with general butt-naked the liberian warlord for some unknown reason. butt-naked would sacrifice a child before running into battle butt-naked with the belief his enemies couldn't see him. but now he has found religion so he's off the hook for now.
hand galloping in public, naked at 11 in the morning is imo a life altering action. hope he's prepared for the changes.
f.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Here is the lastest report on Jason Russell's condition. (bolding mine)

Russell's family reiterated that the filmmaker's bizarre behavior was not due to drugs or alcohol. He was given a preliminary diagnosis of brief reactive psychosis, in which a person displays sudden psychotic behavior.

"Doctors say this is a common experience given the great mental, emotional and physical shock his body has gone through in these last two weeks. Even for us, it's hard to understand the sudden transition from relative anonymity to worldwide attention — both raves and ridicules, in a matter of days," Danica Russell said in a statement.

time.com

They also said in the statement that he could possibly be in the hospital for weeks.

My opinion is he couldn't take the fact people didn't automatically accept him as the savoir of the Ugandan people. He had a very grand opinion of himself and others did not view him that way. I think that pretty much did him in, he was not ready for the negative feedback. But that is just my opinion.

OiO

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

I think you have it.

But I don't buy that this is his first mental health stay, I'd bet he was in at least once during high school or college. These pampered rich kids are very fragile.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
But I don't buy that this is his first mental health stay, I'd bet he was in at least once during high school or college. These pampered rich kids are very fragile.

That would not surprise me. I've read over the past few days that he has said in interviews or maybe that speech he gave at the christian college that he contemplated (attempted??) suicide in college. That was mentioned in the commentary when people wondered if he was repressing his sexual orientation because of his religious upbringing.

I don't thing we will ever have the full story on this. The whole IC organization is just too good at spin.

OiO

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

That would not surprise me. I've read over the past few days that he has said in interviews or maybe that speech he gave at the christian college that he contemplated (attempted??) suicide in college. That was mentioned in the commentary when people wondered if he was repressing his sexual orientation because of his religious upbringing.

I don't thing we will ever have the full story on this. The whole IC organization is just too good at spin.

OiO

I hadn't heard that, not at all surprised. Men attempt suicide less than women, but have a much higher success rate. If a man decides to do it he usually gets the job done. So it was likely a "call for help" effort.

I saw a lot of these spoiled rich kids in and out of the unit in the past, hospitalized because kids at school were teasing them, or they broke up with a steady. Stupid stuff that normal people learn to deal with growing up so that when they become adults they are well adjusted with healthy coping skills.

Sad stuff really. Sure he has enough money from his family that he doesn't need to earn an income, but that can be a double edged sword. Money only buys security, happiness is harder to come by for rich people. It's hard for them to trust because they never know if you're only there for the money, so they tend to only socialize with other rich people, who are also likely miserable on the inside also.

He may have looked at this project as his redemption, liberal guilt can be deadly.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

I'm going to add to the pop analysis of Mr. Russell's break. At his Liberty University address, he said

And I think that's why a lot of people fear Christians, they fear Liberty University, they fear Invisible Children because they feel like we have an agenda. They see us and they go, "You want me to sign up for something, you want my money. You want, you want me to believe in your God.

And it freaks them out.

[url=http://www.alternet.org/visions/154477/invisible_children_%22kony_2012%22_leader_suggests_it%27s_about_jesus_and_evangelizing__/?page=2]source[/u rl]

To me this sounds like Mr. Russell projecting his own fears and "freaking out" onto others.

Earlier in the discussion, Jason Russell had stated his goal of "ending genocide" and capturing Joseph Kony, but that goal seemed framed within the larger project of evangelizing the nations.

We see a split life going on. Not so far maybe as "living a lie", but a deliberate attempt to portray an organization or film one way, when there is another motive.

If I had to conduct my life with such duality day in day out, I'ld probably have a break, too.
edit on 21-3-2012 by desert because: try to fix link

edit on 21-3-2012 by desert because: try fix link again...i give up!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
Here is the lastest report on Jason Russell's condition. (bolding mine)

Russell's family reiterated that the filmmaker's bizarre behavior was not due to drugs or alcohol. He was given a preliminary diagnosis of brief reactive psychosis, in which a person displays sudden psychotic behavior.

"Doctors say this is a common experience given the great mental, emotional and physical shock his body has gone through in these last two weeks. Even for us, it's hard to understand the sudden transition from relative anonymity to worldwide attention — both raves and ridicules, in a matter of days," Danica Russell said in a statement.

time.com

They also said in the statement that he could possibly be in the hospital for weeks.

My opinion is he couldn't take the fact people didn't automatically accept him as the savoir of the Ugandan people. He had a very grand opinion of himself and others did not view him that way. I think that pretty much did him in, he was not ready for the negative feedback. But that is just my opinion.

If this was simply a neural overload, or some inability to cope with his instant fame, then why was he shouting "Doing...Meth.." when he was playing paddycakes with the sidewalk?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join