It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I have been diagnosed as epileptic. :(

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

That's why I don't go see Dr's. It's all fake. You're probably not epleptic at all! Especially if you've never had any before. So don't worry about it. Dr's are all too often wrong. That's why I never ever go see them. They're job is to put a voodoo curse on you. (ie: a diagnosis). I'd avoid dr's like the plauge unless you have a death wish.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699

That's why I don't go see Dr's. It's all fake. You're probably not epleptic at all! Especially if you've never had any before. So don't worry about it. Dr's are all too often wrong. That's why I never ever go see them. They're job is to put a voodoo curse on you. (ie: a diagnosis). I'd avoid dr's like the plauge unless you have a death wish.

I appreciate those who question the world around them, but allow me to assure you that I have indeed had thousands of siezures. Once you have experienced the siezures, and (many)after effects there is simply no mistaking them. My Dr is a good man, and has been entirely honest with me about my chances of getting this condition under control; as well as the difficulties in my future.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder

Originally posted by spartacus699

I appreciate those who question the world around them, but allow me to assure you that I have indeed had thousands of siezures. Once you have experienced the siezures, and (many)after effects there is simply no mistaking them. My Dr is a good man, and has been entirely honest with me about my chances of getting this condition under control; as well as the difficulties in my future.

I'm not saying their always wrong. But say a Dr says to you "you have cancer and you have six months to live". I bet like 50% of the people even in this forum would probably believe it, probably accept it, and now be awaiting death. Simply because most people believe what they're dr's say without questioning anything what so ever. Plus most people take going to see a dr as such a causual routine thing, not realizing that the moment you walk in you might not walk out the same ever again, or walk out at all for that matter.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Same. Saturday just gone. My doctor was blaming migraines..

Migraines with an aura that would pixelate the lower right vision of my right eye...

A CT scan in 2003 showed (maybe) scar tissue from meningitis in 1987.

That hasn't changed, but the last 12 months I have been having partial seizures. I'm a 41 yo female and thought they were hot flushes.

Back to doc last week for migraine on Wed. Up to accident and emergency dept Fri morning for migraine. 2nd CT scan in 2 weeks (they threw an MRI in there too!)

The scar now has a blood vessel around it, every now and then misbehaves, and I go off to la La land for 40 seconds or so.

Now on sodium valproate 200mg 2x daily.

I had a major fit (in my sleep) on the 4th oct, I have been a mess since then, with my doc wanting to send me off to have it cut out!!!

The doc on duty fri at A&E had interned under the hospital neurologist last year. I think I got lucky in that respect, and could have someone tell me what is actually happening with me.

I'm slowly coming right, my seizures weren't super frequent, but have been happening for 12 months.

Side note: how many of you with epilepsy grind your teeth at night?

edit on 27/10/2013 by MissMegs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MissMegs

I don't so much grind my teeth, but I get constant leg cramps... I sometimes spend half the night "walking" in my sleep. Could be similar; I think its just that I work my legs instead of my jaw.

Sorry for the lack of personal replies everyone...I had another small set of chain seizures, and I am back to playing "The Wheel of Medication". I(my brain really) have messed up short term memories again as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join