It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Security Cabinet Votes 8 To 6 To Attack Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Source: www.zerohedge.com...
Source: www.nrg.co.il... (use translate.google.com, as needed)

According to Israel's NRG, in a just completed cabinet vote, for the first time Netanyahu has gotten a majority (8 over 6) supporting an Iran attack. NRG also notes that at this point Israel has decided to not wait until the US elections in November before proceeding with sending crude to the stratosphere.

According to estimates, at this stage tend to support Netanyahu and Barak's approach eight ministers, and six against it (including the traditional opponents octet: Moshe Ya'alon, Dan Meridor, Benny Begin and Eli Yishai)." So... $4.00 gas is just around the corner. As is, probably, $5.00 gas. And $6.00 gas.

Netanyahu's speech yesterday (Thursday) in the Knesset on the Iranian issue was the so emphatic, incisive, and most explicit prime minister raised the issue last year.
He announced that he would not hesitate to perform the operation without the approval of President Obama mentioned the precedent of the decision to attack the Iraqi reactor, Prime Minister Menachem Begin, and with the comments heard yesterday some cabinet ministers say privately that "It sounds like a speech preparation for attack."

Israel seems prepared to launch a preemptive strike in Iran without even notifying the U.S. Presumably they think they can carry out such a mission without U.S. refueling aircraft or support? This feels like more than just their typical rhetoric. What say you, ATS?

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
You Americans make the rest of the world laugh complaining about even $6 gas.

In Europe, many countries are already paying $12-$13 a gallon. In Canada, it's been over $6 for some time.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It's not that they don't need the US, they don't need the US' permission because they know we will step in as soon as the first bomb blows.

My guess is that Israel thinks "sometimes it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission".

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
You bet if Iran voted '8 to 6' to attack Israel it would be on CNN, FOX, etc 24-7 nonstop and the CNN would even hand deliver the mail to your door and read it to you out loud to make sure you knew.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

In Europe, many countries are already paying $12-$13 a gallon. In Canada, it's been over $6 for some time.

Yeah, but we got big cars and trucks and don't live anywhere close to where we work.
Oh, wait...I see your point.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
You bet if Iran voted '8 to 6' to attack Israel it would be on CNN, FOX, etc 24-7 nonstop and the CNN would even hand deliver the mail to your door and read it to you out loud to make sure you knew.

Not sure what you're saying here, nrg got the story wrong? And it's all a lie? Please explain.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Dont yall have trains and buses and all that?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

Yeah, but we got big cars and trucks and don't live anywhere close to where we work.

It's not my problem if they are willing to take it up the rear.
Why should we be quiet just because they tolerate ridiculous prices?
I would have been protesting, but they roll over and take it.

Doesn't make Americans wrong in the least IMO.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I think this is just breaking.
Here's a link to another article on Daily Times
And here's one from The News
edit on 3/16/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: more linkys

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by vaelamin
reply to post by babybunnies

Dont yall have trains and buses and all that?

Trains are virtually useless unless you live in one of the major cities. And buses? I guess if you want to be unreliably late to work all the time then yeah, they're great!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Cool, let em attack Iran, just keep US out of it.
We will gladly accept their refugees afterward as I hear they have some very bright folks in the tech field.
Maybe soon we will have peace in the mideast.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

And in other news Iran has unanimously voted to kill all the Jews and have been reassured by the Koran that the rocks and trees will sing out if a Jew hides behind them .

edit on 16-3-2012 by Azadok because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

Jew hides behind them

The bad zionist oppressive jews...example the Israeli government. It does not say all jews.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Exactly. They always use the excuse that they 'have to drive further' etc. In truth (and I spent 2 years living there back in 97-99) the problem is that American cars are about 20 years behind Europe and Japan in terms of technology and efficiency, many Americans insist on driving huge engined cars (despite the fact that Australians, for example, manage to make do with much smaller engines on the whole), many insist on driving pick-up trucks when they don't need them, many insist on driving really old cars, and many are just massively obese and can't walk anywhere!

Complaining that Americans don't have decent public transport is missing the point entirely. America has made almost zero effort for decades in this arena because they have been lazy and it was easier to rely on dirt cheap gasoline. Now they will pay the price.

In the UK, for example, about 70% of the price of fuel is tax. Normally this is very painful, but if a total emergency happened, like oil prices doubled because of a war in Iran, then there is the scope at least for the government to temporarily slash fuel tax and leave us with fuel that is still the same price at the pump that it is today. There is an inherent redundancy in our system you could say. Whereas it seems, from the widespread moaning from Americans whenever oil prices rise a little, any increase in oil prices will be fed into the pump price of gasoline and come as a major shock to the American culture.

Interesting times.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

It's all realitive , you probably make more on average per hourly wage , I am fairly sure they have the fleecing of the people's down pat.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Azadok

Jew hides behind them

The bad zionist oppressive jews...example the Israeli government. It does not say all jews.

Try reading the Koran that is exactly what it says , and when the Mahadi comes it will be all non Muslims they will be told to kill .

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok

It's all realitive , you probably make more on average per hourly wage , I am fairly sure they have the fleecing of the people's down pat.

Nope. I think you will find wages are very low in many parts of Europe (even here in the UK many, many people are struggling by on £10,000 ish per year, and in eastern Europe, where fuel is still very expensive, many earn peanuts). The difference is that Europeans (and Japanese, and Koreans, and Australians, and New Zealanders, and Canadians, and South Africans etc) are MORE EFFICIENT. Americans need to learn about efficiency. News flash: 30mpg is NOT good fuel mileage!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

Well because of your poor transportation planning the world should subsidize you right?

Oh wait... We have rural communities in Canada too.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Lets look at this another way.

Lets say you have a corn field in your community which allows you to buy corn at 3$ a basket. Lets say the people in the next town pay $4 but only have half a corn field. And finaly, the next town from that have no corn field but pay $5 a basket. Why would the people who have a full corn field want to pay more?

The US has many, many oilfields and sources for oil. When we have to pay big prices for something we have aplenty, then yes.. we might get a lil angry.
edit on 16-3-2012 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

Could you give me the chapter and verse or whatever catalogging system they use for that book.
Exactly where is that said, you being the one who read the koran and all.
Thank you in advance.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join