It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Where is the common sense?

page: 1
4

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'm about tired of these 2012 threads. Okay, I get it - there are people on here who have essentially lost a sense of the real world and gone off the deep end, thinking that their computer is nothing more than a tool for the government to spy on them.

But do we need a new thread every twenty-five minutes of "NEW! PROOF that the world will end in [insert date here, then re-insert later date after nothing happens] Just listen to [insert any number of people who claim they know, yet the offer ZERO solid proof, and after one is proved to be a liar, just find someone else and put his name here].

It is incredibly annoying, honestly. I see the same articles posted about fifteen times, only to get locked because it's already been proven to be a HOAX. Here's an idea: Don't believe everything you read/hear. I know that may sound like an incredibly hard concept to understand [sarcasm], but it's true. Just because username: "imcoolmayne" says that the world is going to end in 2012, and has some scary youtube video with epic music and a bunch of conspiracies that are strung together, DOES NOT mean it's true.

Does no one have common sense anymore? I am being dead honest right now. I saw a thread from someone that said that the movie CARS 2 predicted the end of the world because it shows a picture of England with the tower at the time of 12:20 (20 after 12) and has some dark clouds rolling in. I literally lol'd.

Yeah I'm done now. Use your brain, people. You have it for a reason.
edit on 16-3-2012 by RomeByFire because: Spelling bothers me.




posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Lol, since everyone has to die there is no reason for people to try to predict when ´everyone´ is going to die. This life will suck because it's not meant to be comfortable, it's the next one we're dying for.



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Common sense is not so common anymore



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Ignorant and stupid people are too stupid to know that they are that stupid....


If something huge does happen, even the evil tyrants will not be able to escape 3 miles underground, if TSHTF everyone is getting some. its only the fearful who run in hide..

Chill out man, no worries, and for those who do.. let them have their fun before the meet their maker.


Good luck doomsdayers



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Personally I like the doom and gloom threads, they hit you in your what if button.
Then you come into the thread and debunk the heck out of it.
There is an apocalypse happening every week for one reason or another.
ATS is truly some great, cheap entertainment.
Please don't take it for anything more than that.
We are as Above Top Secret as Federal Reserve or FedEx is Federal.

Entertainment pure and simple.



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
(I found this on the internet)

Obituary of Common Sense !

Today, we mourn the passing of an old friend by the name of Common Sense.

Common Sense lived a long life, but died from heart failure at the brink of the Millennium. No one really knows how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He selflessly devoted his life to service in schools; hospitals, homes, factories and offices, helping folks get jobs done without fanfare and foolishness.

For decades, petty rules, silly laws and frivolous lawsuits held no power over Common Sense. He was credited with cultivating such valued lessons as to know when to come in from rain, the early bird gets the worm and life isn't always fair.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn), reliable parenting strategies (the adults are in charge, not the kids), and it's okay to come in second.

A veteran of the Industrial Revolution, the Great Depression, and the Technological Revolution, Common Sense survived cultural and educational trends including feminism, body piercing, whole language and new math.

But his health declined when he became infected with the "if-it-only-helps-one-person-it's-worth-it" virus. In recent decades, his waning strength proved no match for the ravages of overbearing federal legislation.

He watched in pain as good people became ruled by self-seeking lawyers and enlightened auditors. His health rapidly deteriorated when schools endlessly implemented zero tolerance policies; when reports were heard of six year old boys charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; when a teen was suspended for taking a swig of mouthwash after lunch; when a teacher was fired for reprimanding an unruly student. It declined even further when schools had to get parental consent to administer aspirin to a student but couldn't inform the parent when a female student is pregnant or wants an abortion.

Finally, Common Sense lost his will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband, churches became businesses, criminals received better treatment than victims, and federal judges stuck their noses in everything from Boy Scouts to professional sports.

As the end neared, Common Sense drifted in and out of logic but was kept informed of developments, regarding questionable regulations for asbestos, low-flow toilets, smart guns, the nurturing of Prohibition Laws and mandatory air bags.

Finally, when told that the homeowners association restricted exterior furniture only to that which enhanced property values, he breathed his last.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son Reason. His three stepbrothers survive him: Rights, Tolerance and Whiner.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.


Author Unknown



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Yes because you know exactly what will happen on dec. 21 2012 and you know there are no conspiracies because your the master of the universe. Arrogant idiot.



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALostAlien
Yes because you know exactly what will happen on dec. 21 2012 and you know there are no conspiracies because your the master of the universe. Arrogant idiot.


Did you call him an arrogant idiot or did you sign that as Arrogant Idiot?



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I pretty much ignore those threads.

And while I am interested in real prophecy stuff, I pretty much dismiss all the "my generation is going to be the last" nonsense.

I've lived through a lot of that stuff alread and the world never ended.

IT will come to an end eventually, it's just useless to try to guess it and all it does is waste time that can be better spent living life.



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by papazen
 


haha ! LOL too true my friend.....



posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
I pretty much ignore those threads.

And while I am interested in real prophecy stuff, I pretty much dismiss all the "my generation is going to be the last" nonsense.

I've lived through a lot of that stuff alread and the world never ended.

IT will come to an end eventually, it's just useless to try to guess it and all it does is waste time that can be better spent living life.



I'm pretty sure everyone on here is living live considering they have to be alive to type......



posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
(I found this on the internet)

Obituary of Common Sense !

Today, we mourn the passing of an old friend by the name of Common Sense.

Common Sense lived a long life, but died from heart failure at the brink of the Millennium. No one really knows how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He selflessly devoted his life to service in schools; hospitals, homes, factories and offices, helping folks get jobs done without fanfare and foolishness.

For decades, petty rules, silly laws and frivolous lawsuits held no power over Common Sense. He was credited with cultivating such valued lessons as to know when to come in from rain, the early bird gets the worm and life isn't always fair.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn), reliable parenting strategies (the adults are in charge, not the kids), and it's okay to come in second.

A veteran of the Industrial Revolution, the Great Depression, and the Technological Revolution, Common Sense survived cultural and educational trends including feminism, body piercing, whole language and new math.

But his health declined when he became infected with the "if-it-only-helps-one-person-it's-worth-it" virus. In recent decades, his waning strength proved no match for the ravages of overbearing federal legislation.

He watched in pain as good people became ruled by self-seeking lawyers and enlightened auditors. His health rapidly deteriorated when schools endlessly implemented zero tolerance policies; when reports were heard of six year old boys charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; when a teen was suspended for taking a swig of mouthwash after lunch; when a teacher was fired for reprimanding an unruly student. It declined even further when schools had to get parental consent to administer aspirin to a student but couldn't inform the parent when a female student is pregnant or wants an abortion.

Finally, Common Sense lost his will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband, churches became businesses, criminals received better treatment than victims, and federal judges stuck their noses in everything from Boy Scouts to professional sports.

As the end neared, Common Sense drifted in and out of logic but was kept informed of developments, regarding questionable regulations for asbestos, low-flow toilets, smart guns, the nurturing of Prohibition Laws and mandatory air bags.

Finally, when told that the homeowners association restricted exterior furniture only to that which enhanced property values, he breathed his last.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son Reason. His three stepbrothers survive him: Rights, Tolerance and Whiner.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.


Author Unknown


This is so, so, so great. Haha, I may have to use this!



posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALostAlien
Yes because you know exactly what will happen on dec. 21 2012 and you know there are no conspiracies because your the master of the universe. Arrogant idiot.


I'm not even going to say anything - you said it for me. LOL.



new topics

top topics



 
4

log in

join