It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Paul Supporters will be voting for Obama?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
If Ron Paul isn't on the ballot, I am voting for Gary Johnson. He is the second closest choice to a sound and small government. I won't be suprised to see a Johnson/Paul ticket as the third party choice.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
You can't vote in a monarchy. Our kings are elected for us not voted in.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Just another thread with NO substance trying to divide people.

Big fail, the Paul people are not falling for it, I don't think I have ever seen (after 6 pages) the OP with what ? only 1 star.

Epic fail OP, little lonely in that cubical is it ??????????????

edit on 17-3-2012 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

I think the OP was trying to get a feel of what Paul supporters are feeling. Would they vote Obama out of spite? I mean I thought of doing that just because of the attitude I get when I people down here in the south say his foreign policy is dangerous. We all know that it doesn't matter if its Obama or Romney in the WH. Different players but on the same team. Different faces keep people divided so a vote for Romney is a vote for Obama. If I could get enough people to do it all over the country, I would have them pick some guy at random, like Charlie Sheen for example, and do a write-in ballot. The main reason is to tell the government they are too big and we aren't playing their games anymore. Imagine if we could get 50 to 60 million people voting for one obsurd person as president.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Take it from a former Nader 'vote waster', it's better to write in your wishes than to vote for someone you just don't want.

You are going to have to live with whomever the Electoral College picks, but you also have to live with yourself.

Since You live closer to yourself than you do to the Electoral College, I'd say make yourself satisfied that you did all you could for your country AND your conscience.

If you want Paul, Vote Paul.

Of course, for full disclosure, I am an unabashed, unashamed Obama Supporter now.

Yep, I drank the Kool-Aid.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I will vote for Ron Paul. And if for some reason..."can't"...my vote will be "Anything But Obama". I've suffered enough and 2012 will be a year of change for me and my family. Not because of Obama...but in spite of.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I am a Paul supporter. I would love to see him end the fed, and change our monetary system. I used to consider myself a republican but since the party was hijacked by tea-baggers and extremists the last few years I cant even relate to their distorted views. Corporations are not people and money is not speech!

To second my decision, I have felt a general sense of rise in the economy and the people are starting to believe in the system again. Whatever Obama is doing, is working. The republicans... They don't have a plan, all they know is Obama is black and cant run this country. Its counter productive and insane.

Also, My line of work is unionized and is supported vastly by the democratic party I will have no other choice but to vote for Obama.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I wouldn't vote for Obama even if he was the only person on the ballot. If Dr. Paul isn't on the ballot i will start a write in campaign for Mr. Potatoehead

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Also, this thread has been done already & very recently by another non-RP supporter such as yourself, www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

This isn't the same thing, that's asking if you realize Paul is going to drop out soon, I am asking will you vote for Obama.

Why not ask the sun if it will rise in the West tomorrow?

"Will you people that love the notions of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness actually consider voting for a system that wants to destroy every ounce of inalienable rights you have left?" *crickets............more crickets*

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I'm amazed there are so many people here that actually think voting makes a difference. You don't have a choice, the script already knows the winner. Your votes are meaningless. Choice is gone in this country and the elections are just a bleepin charade. It doesn't matter who you vote for, they already have their guy.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
If you're a Ron Paul supporter you should not be voting for Obama...period...

That contradicts everything you supposedly stand for....

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
I am sorry, but if you are a Ron Paul supporter and vote for Obama instead you have no idea what Ron Paul actually stands for.

Um.....no.....it means some of us know that outside of RP, there really is *no* difference between anyone else, be it Obama, Romney, or Newt, or whatever. Any one of them will continue wars, spending, pandering to corporatism, etc. Open your eyes...see what's been said vs what's actually been done from both Dems and Repubs. No difference. Clearly, RP stands alone not because he is crazy or too radical, it's because he is the only one who A) philosophically understands what Liberty and the Constitution is really about, and B) is the only one who isn't sold out to the mega-corporate establishment.

All of the rest are just suits trying to play the game and enhance their careers.

This is, of course, assuming RP is not on the ticket vs Obama.
edit on 17-3-2012 by empireoflizards because: added sentence

edit on 17-3-2012 by empireoflizards because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Yeah it might, but the people who just cannot stand the GOP are going to vote for Obama. I think the count is up to five now. Five people will vote for Obama if they had no other choice.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Yeah it might, but the people who just cannot stand the GOP are going to vote for Obama. I think the count is up to five now. Five people will vote for Obama if they had no other choice.

See my above post....oh, and make it six.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

When Ron Paul drops out, how many of you will be voting for Obama, since you cannot possibly ever vote republican. I've heard this a lot from those is Paul's camp, so I just wanted to see how many on here will go over to the democrats side.

Please keep posts short and to the point. If you say your not going to vote at all just say that. I don't wanna hear your reasons why.

I think the answer lies in the fact your thread has over 140 responses and 1 star...

Political trolling and you know it..

And you also know the 99.00% of Ron Paul supporters are NOT going to vote for Obama.

It's Ron Paul or none at all...period.
edit on 17-3-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

So then your voting for Obama.

A write in for Ron Paul is the same as actually voting for Obama, the end result is the same in both cases: a vote for Obama.

I for one will abstain from voting entirely. What are my choices? White Obama vs Black Obama? What we have here is moderate Democrat pretending to be a Republican (Romney) vs a far left liberal Democrat pretending to be a moderate Democrat (Obama).

Mitt Romney = RINO
Rick Santorum = Religious Right nutcase - the kind Barry Goldwater warned us about
Newt Gingrich = decent but he can't possibly get the # of delegates needed to get the nomination
Ron Paul = also decent but like Newt he can't possibly win at this point.
edit on 17-3-2012 by ChrisF231 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I will be voting for Ron Paul even if it is a write in. I can't vote for someone I do not believe would be an effective leader of this country and would further degrade our freedoms and liberties.
I do however know two people who voted for Obama last time who have told me they are voting for Romney this time. That in and of itself speaks volumes.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
Paul fans like to throw their vote away, so they won't vote, even though I assure you, Paul himself will ask them to vote for the republican candidate, hopefully some listen to him.

Voting for anyone but Paul would be throwing our votes away. If he drops out then in protest, the vote will not go to either criminal party.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Why would we vote for Obama? For bigger government, more entitlements? Same goes for the GOP.

If Ron Paul doesn't get elected I will just ramp up my preps for economic collapse. We already had a thread where the GOP is pandering for our vote, guess this is the Democrat turn.

edit on 17-3-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
If my only choice is between Obama, or Obomney, I'll vote Oboma. He'll burn it down faster. I probably won't write in RP, because I think that's no use.

However, I'm pretty sure Ron Paul will run independent, and win. If he doesn't he's not deserving anyway.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join