It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Paul Supporters will be voting for Obama?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I'd rather drink the urine from a rotting elephants bladder over a vote for Obama.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Certainly not this one....

Obama is the antithisis to Paul - big, bigger and huge government intrustion into people's lives.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Yep. Obama is just as bad as bush, and probably worse when it comes to encroaching on Americans privacy and slighting our rights.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by Cuervo
You kind of took that out of context. You make it sound like I'd be voting for Obama if Ron Paul got in there. This is not true. Just because I would vote for Ron Paul doesn't mean I'd vote for anybody else that happens to share his useless party label. I just don't understand how you could come to your conclusion by me saying I would consider Obama if Ron Paul didn't get in. If anything, it proves the opposite of what you are trying to say...
edit on 16-3-2012 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

How did I take it out of context? You, yourself, said that you are leaning towards Obama because you don't want Romney or Santorum. When Paul drops out, that's Most likely what your going to do, vote for Obama. Right? I don't see how that's taking things out of context, unless you take back what you said.

Because of what you said
"There ya go. Proof that not all Ron Paul supporters will be voting for Ron Paul forever." as if voting for Obama instead of Romney makes a person less of a Ron Paul supporter. If that's not what you are trying to say, then I have no idea what you talking about.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Because of what you said
"There ya go. Proof that not all Ron Paul supporters will be voting for Ron Paul forever." as if voting for Obama instead of Romney makes a person less of a Ron Paul supporter. If that's not what you are trying to say, then I have no idea what you talking about.

But you said yourself that your leaning towards Obama when Paul drops out. That's all I'm trying to say, stop trying find a hidden meaning here. I had none. In Fact I was praising you for being honest.
edit on 16-3-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Paul has, honestly, more support than any other republican candidate.
I mean real, honest support, not collateral GOP support. He will likely stay in as third party after the convention.

Right, cause all of the 80% of the population of the USA, who support other candidates are all in the conspiracy together! HAHA
No wonder it's so easy for you to believe in the NWO.

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

I always find it suspect when people that devote time to detracting from Paul make threads about him.

I find it weird that there are so many Paul spammers on this site and any other political news article comment section. This is a valid question, we live in a free society, and I have the right to make this thread. Otherwise that would defeat the whole perpose of the free society that you preach!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Based off of the latest events and evidence concerning electoral fraud, it's probably more than safe to say that there's more than twenty-percent of our population backing Paul.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I find it weird that there are so many Paul spammers on this site and any other political news article comment section. This is a valid question, we live in a free society, and I have the right to make this thread. Otherwise that would defeat the whole perpose of the free society that you preach!

I think you just answered you own question in a way.

The reason you see so much support for Ron Paul here and on other political sites is because he has a tremendous amount of support from those same people are the ones going on to all these sites to educate themselves and discuss with each other solutions to the real problems we ALL face.

Supporters of the other republican candidates for the most part (not all) are just MSMbots, doing what they are told, picking their favorite brand of vanilla ice cream because they want chocolate out and they want it out now!
Just like they are told to.

Surprisingly Obama also has a decent amount of support among people who use the internet as their main source of information. They for the most part (not all) manage to ignore the fact that he has behaved as if his name were George Bush III

That said, he burned a lot of people with his "change" lots of people who voted for Obama would be happy to vote for Paul if he was the Republican nominee.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Because of what you said

But you said yourself that your leaning towards Obama when Paul drops out. That's all I'm trying to say, stop trying find a hidden meaning here. I had none. In Fact I was praising you for being honest.

Fair enough. I probably was reading too deep into it. Just being a sour grapes Dr. Paul guy that I am.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I can speak for ME and MY RP SUPPORTER FRIENDS,,like the guy said,,Paul people would find it fundamentally objectionable to vote for anyone else..that being said,,WE WILL ONLY VOTE RON and not JUST Ron supporters,he gets new supporters everytime someone leaves my home. If they are too dumb to know right from wrong then they arent in the right home..Its not that I even like the guy, ITS WHAT HE IS SAYING and the way they treat him like a top secret extraterrestrial for telling the truth. I voted Obama last time because of my limited understanding of politics. Thanks to Paul, now myself and others like me are PLAIN AND SIMPLE,MORE INFORMED. Anyone on ATS of all places should have seen media bias bye now and withholding in reference to other topics. IF YOU WANT MORE LAWS,PINK SLIME,GMO FOODS,AND YOUR FRIENDS TO GO TO JAIL FOR NON-CRIMINAL ACTIVITY THEN VOTE FOR SOMEONE BESIDES RON PAUL..........Paul has millions of supporters and NONE more creative than us. We are the military, We are the most intelligent, We know right from wrong , We know bull# when we hear it,,We have been around the block if not the world and we will conquer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Have You read the political sections? Did you look at the comments after the articles? 99% Ron Paul people. No its not a conspiracy in the way you see it, The mainstream media has PROVEN time after time of voter fraud. And if the people were really voting for romney or Santorum then the media probably has about 99% of the blame.Paul will win the GOP or come out indep.......Then there will be massive voter fraud. But what I dont know is,,will the voter fraud be in favor of Obama or Romney? Bet you very few uninformed Paul haters just hate that idea..:>

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slowlyboiledfrog

Supporters of the other republican candidates for the most part (not all) are just MSMbots, doing what they are told,
Just like they are told to.

Surprisingly Obama also has a decent amount of support among people who use the internet as their main source of information.

So the republicans who don't use the internet, which are mainly old people, are not real voters? I think it's harder to sort through all of the wrong information that's out here on the internet. With the MSM you can get easily separate the facts from the opinions (unless you think they are all lying which then there is no more point talking to you), even Wikipedia can be edited to a point. It's good to have a balance of far right far left internet blogs, radio, TV and independent sources. In my personal opinion. Me being the centrist that I am, I can look at all the issues in every way possible, doing that.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
If RP drops out completely, I will not vote at all. My vote will not be wasted, because I have no confidence in any of the others to do what's right for the American people. I hope he hangs in, they are tearing each other down and every time they open their mouth they make themselves look worse. Paul is the only sensible choice. Do I agree with EVERY word he says?. No. But I don't with my wife either. Doesn't mean I made the wrong choice.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'm voting Ron Paul.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
My dad will vote for anyone BUT Obama. That sucks because They are all 4 the same. Wouldnt you want the original one? I mean Im Paul ONLY but if it somehow in hell came to Santorum or Newt or Romney vs Obama I would not vote but would hope for Obama, not because he sucks and is a liar but because he can sing....Obamas lies just sound so much more smoothe ya know? Obama is so cool and calm, I mean our friends are going to jail for raw milk ...is Pat Robertson cooler than Obama? I know personal freedoms and less criminal laws for non criminal activity is a BAD thing but I dont think it is...dont be afraid of possible world peace and a better life VOTE PAUL.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

That's not what I said at all, every American is a real voter. However I do have the viewpoint that most of the older generations who don't use the internet are grossly misinformed about the realities of the current world we live in.

Many older folks get their information solely from television, radio and newspapers, leaving them with a very narrow viewpoint of world affairs and our roles in them.

I love my 78 year old grandfather dearly, he is the closest person to me in my life. Up until about 6 months ago he firmly believed anything said by fox news was gospel. It was the most "fair and balanced" network out there and he was happy there was a place he could get the "truth" out of the "liberal media."

I have since taught him how to use a pc, and pointed him to a few choice videos on youtube specifically pointing out blatant lying by fox news and other media outlets. His views are rapidly changing.

But I agree with you, just because it is on the internet does not make it true. There's a lot of BS out there, you have to dig for the truth, which takes time. A lot of people are not willing to take that time.

I personally just finally joined ATS a little over a week ago, but it has been one of my favorite sites for well over 4 years now. I visit daily, the sheer amount of well thought out and well documented threads really helps save a bit of time, because it exposes me to blogs and independent media outlets i never would have known existed otherwise.

(And no, I don't think 100% of the media lies. Local networks tend to air quite a bit of accurate stuff actually, its the national networks Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, Etc that tend to "dilute" the truth on a pretty consistent basis to further their own and/or their partners agendas/economic interests.)
edit on 3/16/2012 by Slowlyboiledfrog because: edited to add paragraph at end

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Assuming that voting even mattered in the Presidential election, the Republican candidates are more inline with the American idea and freedom than Obama and the Democratic Party. This is why Ron Paul is even in it as a Republican. Everyone knows he is Libertarian. We also all know that if it were Democrats running against a Republican president, Paul wouldn't have switched labels to Dem just to run.

That being said, I am going to pull the lever for Obama, only because he is the quickest route to any real change we can get in this country. I don't mean any of his ideas or principles are good, in fact they are detrimental to freedom and America. That is why he is the best option. Everything will have to come crashing down so hard on everyone before people rise up and reclaim liberty.

Flip-flopping to a republican only to prolong and hack at liberty from the other side of the tree only drags this painful death out longer.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Answer to OP's Question: No Way!!!

Response: Unfortunately there is only One Real Choice, and America better wake up because the next thing you know it will be 1984 all over again. Didnt Yogi Berra say that??

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I will probably vote for the republican candidate, if RP is not on the ballot, only because, I can't take another 4 years of ATS complaining about Obama, and would love to see what the next one can do better.

After all, both Bush anad Obama have had party majorities in congress and wasted lots of opportunities with that, so, as we all should probably know, IT REALLY WON"T MATTER to us little people who "they" allow to "lead" us. They have their plans.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Slowlyboiledfrog

I love my 78 year old grandfather dearly, he is the closest person to me in my life. Up until about 6 months ago he firmly believed anything said by fox news was gospel. It was the most "fair and balanced" network out there and he was happy there was a place he could get the "truth" out of the "liberal media."

FOX isn’t “fair and balanced”?

I have since taught him how to use a pc, and pointed him to a few choice videos on youtube specifically pointing out blatant lying by fox news and other media outlets. His views are rapidly changing.

Did you send him a link to the onion? How about Huffington Post or RT? I heard that’s where the legit news is these days.

He’s probably just humoring you. He’s seen it all in his lifetime. He found his way to FOX so he’s getting more truth than ABC, NBC, alphabet etc… He could be doing worse!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join