It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Credit Card Services" Spam calls. What to do?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Here is one of the good articles ive read. Consumerist

Apparently chuck schumer is working on these guys too. He took part in someconference back in december 2011. The article is dated 2008. But thats theguy andcompany i believe is responsible.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by TheGuyFawkes

Ya thats not gonna do crap. They need to be taken down

This is so true, I don't know how they do it, but the caller id comes up blank with them- drives me nuts or I would have reported them last year.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

Either blank caller id or spoofed. And i cannot for the life of me remember the term for this. I actually watched people doing this before.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by schuyler

Here is one of the good articles ive read. Consumerist

Apparently chuck schumer is working on these guys too. He took part in someconference back in december 2011. The article is dated 2008. But thats theguy andcompany i believe is responsible.

Leverage Connections will call you with a recorded message that says they're calling about your credit card, and to push 1. If you fall for that and push the button, you're connected to a commission-only employee who's been told to hang up immediately at the first sign of critical thinking. This includes trying to finish the sentence, "Do not call me again."
dang! and i thought the company i worked for was bad but thats horrible that they hang up at the first sign of critical thinking, and commissions only pay thats really bad i at least made$5.50/hr plus commission.

sounds like there doing a double scam

new topics

<< 1   >>

join