It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Sends Four Anti-Mine Ships To Strait of Hormuz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

US Sends Four Anti-Mine Ships To Strait of Hormuz

www.infowars.com

SASEBO NAVAL BASE, Japan — The U.S. Navy plans to bolster mine warfare forces in the Persian Gulf as tensions rise with Iran over its nuclear program and threats to block the Strait of Hormuz, according to Senate testimony earlier this week.

Four additional mine countermeasure ships are being dispatched to the region in addition to further airborne mine countermeasure helicopters, Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Jonathan Greenert told the Senate Armed Services Committee
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Netanyahu will have Israelis blood on his hands if he attack Iran .. (Mad logic of a Tyran EXPOSED)
Netanyahu: An Israeli attack on Iran is therefore to be expected at some time in the coming months.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This means they plan to occupied the Strait of Hormuz

Nice boat !
I found a boat that dont have nukes onboard ..
its rare within the US fleet these days

Clear all the mines .. post a dozen of warships and submarines and not to far 4 huge carriers
ready to unleash many F-35 like a swarm of killing bees

This inevitable war will probably haveless troops on the ground this time .. they have a new army in alqueada let them uprise/invade Iran like they did in Syria and Lybia

www.infowars.com

Stripes Link
edit on 3/16/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Apart from the few in flight test there are no F-35s.

F-18s only at the moment and for a few years yet.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
it's mineman time. wonder if we will plant a few as well. hmm.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Not long know I believe before TSHTF.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
reply to post by Ben81

Apart from the few in flight test there are no F-35s.

F-18s only at the moment and for a few years yet.

The F18s were for Vietnam what F35 are for Iran
the difference is that they will use their new toy this time
F18 was perfect Irak and Afghanistan
but for Iran and Syria who have S-300 AA well positioned
The carriers probably have a dozen F35s onboard waiting to deploy

They have been preparing for this Iran war for a long time
if they dont use the F35 their most fancy toy .. many pilots will be killed
especially in the first strikes ..
F18s will provide good aerial support to further the invasion helping the troops

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Dear ATS Readers..

Greetings Ben81 and thanks for the post..

In typical news media fashion; this "move" is presented as a precautionary move, a "just in case" Iran decides to mine the Hormuz passage...hmmm..

I am wondering, surely the forces there had a mine detection group, and this is a beefing up of those anti mine forces, or ships and choppers.

And, I agree.. it doesn't bode well, or look good. Just more preparation for what "they" want to happen..another dang war..

They are pushing these folks into a corner, kinda like they did Japan before WW2..

Here is the latest "attack" on Iran by the "west"..

Swift, the body that handles global banking transactions, says it will cut Iran's banks out of the system on Saturday to enforce sanctions.

The move will isolate Iran financially by making it almost impossible for money to flow in and out of the country via official banking channels

www.bbc.co.uk...

Doing their absolute darndest to piss these people off real good. Some of course say this is to STOP them from making nuclear bombs. But then again how many times do we read that they havent found found any proof at all yet that they ARE...hmmm...

Is this starting to sound like Saddam Husseins biological war factory trucks to you?? That when all the whole of Iraq was blown to smithereens, they decide.. ummm.... the trucks aren't here... we found trucks for making something completely legal... OOOPS?!??!????

Others say it is to reign in one of the LAST few nations NOT under the Rothschilds banking system... who knows..

But it is remarkable that the short list of terror nations..axis of evil stuff... just happen to be North Korea, Cuba, Iran... maybe a couple more, and LIBYA WAS one of them as well.. now a faithful Rothschild banking suckling.

I have a sick feeling the nutjobs in power won't be content until they have a full blown gut wrenching world war; which attacking Iran could EASILY trigger...

Yep Ben, this is definately a step closer to the clashing of sabers.. let us hope somehow it can be averted somehow, by cooler heads somewhere.

Pravdaseeker

edit on 16-3-2012 by pravdaseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

The tension over there have produced a wild ride of emotions for me.

There is a part of me (at times) that says..."Let's just get it over with."

But the realist in me quickly slaps those thoughts down as a conflict will drive the price of literally EVERYTHING up.

As far as the Anti-Mine ships being there, it is just common sense. I wonder why the US Navy doesn't have more of them.

But here's a interesting article.

Navy’s New Minehunter Can’t See or Stop Mines

www.wired.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Yep, them thar biological trucks were milk trucks i think........The very idea of a mobile bioweapons laboratory is ridiculous in the extreme anyway........almost laughable if so many hadnt ate it up......how dumb can people get?
This is surely one more brick in the wall......the chances of peaceful settlement are made almost nil, by the demands which have been made on both sides.
I must say the Iranians stalled a long time.....Im wondering if it was long enough?
Or do they have a few Chechen or Tajik warheads bought from Russian rebels or gangsters....
Even the generals were selling off large lots of military gear at one point.....Whats a nuke to those guys they have literally thousands?
I think that Iran would possibly not be so cocky if they were really clean of nukes.....

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Dear ATS Readers and Writers,

Ha! Stirling.... you got a point there! You just NEVER know until the dang cards get tossed on the table do you?

After seeing the "west" go after and get several countries already.... maybe Irans ultra paranoid security officer did do some shopping?..You could easily imagine Iran may have looked into buying a nuke from someone..

Is it a risk we want to take? and is THAT risk, worth taking on the evidence in hand?

Are there OTHER motives behind this big push for war???

These last couple of questions are what the masses need to be asking of their leaders??

But.. no.. the lights come on... there is beer in the fridge... and there is footy on the telly...

what is there to worry about???? Perhaps it is apathy.. or feeling of lost cause.by most folks.??

Pravdaseeker

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I'd like to know the date they arrive if possible? And what is their hour-to-mine ratio? (how many mines can the get out of the way per hour) if possible. Thanks!

top topics

join