It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The direct astronaut quotes confirming their knowledge of aliens/ufos

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
All previous astonauts experiences are classified NASA material, since they are obtained during official NASA missions. They can only discuss their opinions on matters that are public records, but can't/musn't talk about actual sightings without them being properly filtered through a sort of spokes person for NASA. That's my opinion anyway...that's how I would do it if I was NASA...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
All previous astonauts experiences are classified NASA material, since they are obtained during official NASA missions. They can only discuss their opinions on matters that are public records, but can't/musn't talk about actual sightings without them being properly filtered through a sort of spokes person for NASA. That's my opinion anyway...that's how I would do it if I was NASA...

It's not an unreasonable going-in suspicion, but the problem is, when you check it out, it's bunk. Even Mitchell and Cooper agreed -- never any restrictions on any such talk. Non-US citizens, just as free to talk. Private space travellers, just as free to talk.

In the end, the idea becomes a toxic trap to explain away inconvenient testimony by first hand witnesses -- the astronauts themselves [and their mission control support team], who call such stories bunk. And it steel-trap shuts the minds of some self-deluded ufologists to any disturbances by contrary arguments.

And look at how well this self-delusion has served to enhance understanding of this baffling phenomenon, decade after decade? Sigh...

Stop shrugging your shoulders in feigned helplessness. Get out there and do real investigation, and confront the self-deluded where you find them. Otherwise, it'll only be decade after decade of more of the same.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by cerebralassassins

" There are things out there! THERE ABSOLUTELY IS ! "
USAF - Test Pilot Major Robert White ( X15 Test Pilot )

I'm sorry, but Robert White was affiliated with the US Government. By your own standards, you cannot believe anything he says.

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by cerebralassassins

I'm sorry, but Robert White was affiliated with the US Government. By your own standards, you cannot believe anything he says.

Since he was talking about small, close objects evidently originating from his own vehicle, the most reasonable course is to believe ALL he says instead of the out-of-context and crucial-details-omitted versions on the deceptive UFO websites and crockumentaries. In the early 1960s even the astronauts weren't fully aware of how MUCH 'stuff' was emitted from their own spacecraft and how it would fly alongside it while in a vacuum.

Given that several days have past and i wanted to kill two birds with one stone my reply below is all that is needed.

For the record if anyone out there has seen the footage, then they now exactly what i am referring to. Lets just leave it at that for now as this is a public forum and the footage recorded is classified as national security.

The public approved video can be found here.
www.criticalpast.com...

Sleep tight with one eye open.

You can read his interview here but do not expect to be told what in today's day and age is common knowledge.
Page 54. Link
edit on 19-3-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

You're right, I was off topic, but I do tend to bunch all those subjects together. So I posted 1 piece of #e info, but you posted 2 pieces of #e criticising me. That's the moderators jobs. Where's your input other than telling me off?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

You can read his interview here but do not expect to be told what in today's day and age is common knowledge.

Thanks for the link:

“I noticed a couple of particles first. They were very small, flaky objects. I thought they might be residue from the peroxide fuel that the engine burns. Then I looked out the left windshield and saw what looked like a piece of paper about the size of my hand. It was 30 or 40 feet away, it was grayish white, and I looked at it for a full five seconds before it moved away and I left it. I still don’t know what it was.”

The X-15 had never been this high before.

What's now 'common knowledge' is how much stuff comes off manned spacecraft once they are above the atmosphere. White's report is entirely prosaic in light of this common knowledge.

But for UFO buffs, who rely on both their own fact-challenged fantasies and on deliberately edited 'transcripts' that leave out explanatory comments, such quotes still enflame UFO delusions.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

You know i have given up on skeptics or anyone along those lines as it gets to a point that no matter if you place a gun to their head they will turn around and ask you " is that a gun " , so when all else fails not that i even try anymore i simply point them to the Iranian case, the nuclear missile incidents the Mexican DEA equivalent recording and several other incidents. People choose or should i say, assume they have a solid grasp of reality but and sadly they have no rational concept of reality as their microcosmos is built on foundation of question rather than mathematical statistics.

i.e Prove me to that there are other planets like earth that can sustain human life.

I simply ask them to look up that stars and there is your proof, if you are unable to see them, then its best you head into your home and stop trying to grasp reality based on your nations social engineered psychological order of what you and billions have accepted as democracy and belonging to a common cause, a greater good, for humanity or spiritual enlightenment.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
STS-29 (March 13-18, 1989).
INTERCEPTED TRANSMISSION

Space Shuttle DISCOVERY to HOUSTON

DATE: March 13, 1989

TOPIC: Report of Alien Spacecraft

Forward speech only - clarification via tonal filtering.

Reported Speech CONFIRMED:
HELLO HOUSTON THIS IS DISCOVERY
WE STILL HAVE THE ALIEN SPACECRAFT, UH..
ON V.F.R.

- SOURCE HERE -
edit on March 19th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I have this link if this helps:

www.squidoo.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
STS-29 (March 13-18, 1989).
INTERCEPTED TRANSMISSION

Space Shuttle DISCOVERY to HOUSTON

DATE: March 13, 1989

TOPIC: Report of Alien Spacecraft

Forward speech only - clarification via tonal filtering.

Reported Speech CONFIRMED:
HELLO HOUSTON THIS IS DISCOVERY
WE STILL HAVE THE ALIEN SPACECRAFT, UH..
ON V.F.R.

Mighty impressive quotation. How do we know it wasn't some prank by a radio amateur transmitting over that frequency?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saigon1914
I have this link if this helps:

www.squidoo.com...

So, repeating the same hoaxes over and over again somehow makes them more credible? Or does it make your posts less credible?

For example, who was this guy "Maurice Chatelain" and what makes his hearsay recollections believable?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Because immediately after the transmission, the alien came on board and bit the astronaut on the ass.
She still has the marks and a plaster cast of her butt with the teethmarks are in the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago.

edit on 19-3-2012 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

REMINDER!!!

If you are going to post material (text and photos) that does not belong to you, you MUST post a source to where the material came from. If you do not, your post will be removed. ATS takes citing external material VERY seriously!

POSTING WORK WRITTEN BY OTHERS
Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL. If the work you are posting is not on the internet, from a book for example, you MUST give a credit for that Book ( the title), its Author and Publisher.

I would suggest if you did this, go back and edit your post or contact me to edit it for you! Otherwise, it will be removed.

Further, do not post videos without a summary of what is in the video!

TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
15k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or Post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on the Websites or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

edit on March 19th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

"At no time, when the astronauts were in space were they alone: there was a constant surveillance by UFOs."

— Astronaut Scott Carpenter, NASA. Carpenter photographed a UFO while in orbit on May 24, 1962. NASA still has not released the photograph.

"I believe that these extraterrestrial vehicles and their crews are visiting this planet from other planets which obviously are a little more technically advanced than we are here on Earth."

— Astronaut Gordon Cooper, Mercury & Gemini (1) (2)

"I happen to be privileged enough to be in on the fact that we have been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomenon is real. It has been covered up by governments for quite some time now."

— Astronaut Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 (1)

"...I've been asked [about UFOs] and I've said publicly I thought they [UFOs] were somebody else, some other civilization."

— Astronaut Eugene Cernan, Apollo 17 Commander, LA Times, 1973

"Mission control, we have a UFO pacing our position, request instructions."

— Astronaut Cady Coleman, Shuttle Mission STS-73

"Statistically it's a certainty there are hugely advanced civilizations, intelligence, life forms out there. I believe they're so advanced they're even doing interstellar travel. I believe it's possible they even came here."

— Astronaut Storey Musgrave, NASA

"Look, I have a pension to worry about. I have a family to take care of, and they told me to just back away from this entirely or else."

— Astronaut James Irwin, Apollo 15. To Frank Stranges after backing out of speaking at a 1976 UFO convention where he was going to "inform us of the strange things he saw on the surface of the moon".

source
spaceflare.com...
edit on 19-3-2012 by rocket88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

So how does my post make these statements less credible. They came from a source and were documented. I just provided a link of all famous quotes around the subject.

He was a former NASA director of Communications.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

So how does my post make these statements less credible. They came from a source and were documented.

"Documented" doesn't mean, "Somebody ELSE said he heard a guy say they had said it, so it must be true".'.

By your standards, anything posted anywhere on the Internet is 'documented'.

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

I just provided a link of all famous quotes around the subject.

We've all seen those lists. Where can we verify that the lister just didn't make them up?

Re Maurice Chatelain...
He was a former NASA director of Communications.

Excellent example of the problem.

Sez who?

What evidence is there, that this is anything but a made-up boast, aimed
at hyper-credulous eager-believers?

"Mission control, we have a UFO pacing our position, request instructions."
— Astronaut Cady Coleman, Shuttle Mission STS-73

And is there a tape of this, or is it just something somebody told somebody else he had heard on a secret channel he managed to access?
edit on 19-3-2012 by JimOberg because: add coleman example

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

How do you know what my standards are?

I think that's a question you need to answer...you do not know me to understand what I consider documented. This site I provided...I do not consider the information documented, i consider it referenced. This information was pulled from various sources. This is just an easy place to gather all the statements from "important" individuals in this cause. Our cause is to find the truth about the UFO phenomenon not try and debunk something or everything that an individual stated or debunk a comment someone deemed important. That is actually childish to do. We should analyze and come to our own conclusion.

I have my own sources to know what is real and what is not. Sometimes it is good to see actual people involved within the area make comments on the subject.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

How do you know what my standards are?

I think that's a question you need to answer...you do not know me to understand what I consider documented. This site I provided...I do not consider the information documented, i consider it referenced. This information was pulled from various sources. This is just an easy place to gather all the statements from "important" individuals in this cause. Our cause is to find the truth about the UFO phenomenon not try and debunk something or everything that an individual stated or debunk a comment someone deemed important. That is actually childish to do. We should analyze and come to our own conclusion.

I have my own sources to know what is real and what is not. Sometimes it is good to see actual people involved within the area make comments on the subject.

All I know is that you post stuff for us to believe, that has no verifiable documentation.

People have been doing that for years and we're drowning in myth and misinformation.

You posted that Maurice Chatelain was the 'former head of NASA communications', so his stories of astronaut UFO encounters during Apollo missions was worthy of trust.

My own investigations showed me that he never held that post or ANY OTHER at NASA, or at any other space organization during Apollo missions, and that he actually never even made that claim of holding the office -- it was a made-up pseudo-credential by some TV crockumentary.

Do you have ANY evidence that he actually WAS in that position when the claim alleges?

Please share it, or acknowledge that there is no such evidence available.

Or maybe that there was, but the dog ate it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join