It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know how to work a touch screen MP3 player?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Okay, for all those that own one, do I have make separate folders on the drive? Like how does it know what music artist to put it under? I am at a loss. Only thing I figured out was hooking it up to a USB drive.

Thanks.

Trying to set up.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

File names help you organise the mp3 files on your PC for easy reference. (I only have complete albums from CD's I own and "rip" (means to convert to a file on the PC) myself). MP3 tagging is probably what you need to look into. On the player itself, as in iTunes library, the software actually renames them to a random 4 letter name that means nothing but the player doesn't care, it looks at the MP3 tags to determine song name, artist, genre, release date and, if you want to be fancy, lyrics. All that data is contained in the "tags". You could do it by hand but when you have a lot of them it can be quite a chore.

Musicbrainz Picard is what I use and works quite well. Good luck. If you have a halfway decent set of headphones/earbuds, 128kb files will be painful on the ears. mine are all 320 which is the largest file size but also the best quality. Good luck.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I got her DVDs and I got her CDs and I'm trying to transfer her soundtracks over to her MP3 player. But, I keep getting error messages. I'll have to fiddle with it when I get home. I don't have time to do it right now.
edit on 16-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

It did it automatically never mind. Cool Thanks.
edit on 16-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Here you go:

LINK

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I would hangfire on the DVD's till you know a bit more about the processes involved. I'll spare you the long, boring, eyes-glazing-over description but in a nutshell, DVD's contain a different kind of audio to CD's.
Sometimes there is a stereo track on there, but only sometimes.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Right now, I have to save them first, then transfer it over. What a pain in the butt. lol

I don't want to save to my computer then have to delete every CD.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

See that's the conspiracy.
Apple were kinda hoping that you would then buy their mp3's, even for music you already own. It takes time, but when done right, you will only have to do it once. As an experiment, try encoding files at different rates/qualities to see if you or your daughter (?) can hear a difference and if it is "fun" to listen to. I can tell low quality (often internet quality) mp3 files from a mile off but then I have good earbuds. Cymbals sound like they are playing in water, if that makes sense. Wishy-washy, no depth, no width (stereo) and no discernible bass are often signs of low quality files. You may need good phones/buds to hear that though. Standard Apple earphones as supplied with their players are total junk, about 5 bucks worth if that. I went to Sennheiser, they cost me 30 or 35 I think but are worth it for serious listening.
edit on 16/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

ETA You do not have to delete the CD's!
You are allowed to have multiple copies (here anyway) as long as you only listen to one or the other at any given time. I doubt a SWAT team will kick your door down for making MP3's but...the way things are going it might be on the cards in the near future.

edit on 16/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I don't know, when I put the CD in, it automatically does it through windows media, or real player, then I transfer the folder over to the MP3 and it automatically places it in the correct category on the MP3 player. Weird. I thought it would be more difficult, but it won't transfer it unless I save it. Because if I don't save the CD says it's not there and I can't transfer it over.

new topics

top topics

join