It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

brethren who are they?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Ok this is my first thread and it took me 20 comments to get here so I'm going to start..

A little while ago my dad told me about this school or something where all these people wearing the same clothes were gathering so I instantly got really curious about it and needed to find out.
So we drove down to wear it was and there was a big warehouse like building that later I found out to be there meeting HQ once a year..

Then down the road a little is a prospects independent school for "Christian" children and there's something like 52 pupils..

So anyway I was reading up on exclusive brethren and it seems strange..
They all seem to have money, the don't associate themselves with anyone other than brethren?

I just wanted people with a little bit more knowledge on this religion or way of life to reply..

So thank you

Ok I did want to edit this and add something else they have a website I found a while ago while I was trying to find out more,

They say they are donated money from sources, because none of the woman or children are aloud to work/ associate themselves with anyone else.

I don't know I just feel like there is something more going on.
edit on 16-3-2012 by baboon123 because: adding more.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Is this church/warehouse around Elgin Illinois?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

No its actually in England.. I guess they have them all over though in the US

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
hi op

they are methodists
quick search
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by baboon123

They could be the ones associated with Darby ..They don't usually call the place where they gather a Church per say but come together as a Church ...ie. gospel halls and the such ..Just Christians trying to function like the New testament Churches ..peace
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 16-3-2012 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
the only thing i could find on them was from wiki but

Beliefs are prominently millenarian and apocalyptic, centered on the teaching that humanity is in the end times and that members must purify themselves in preparation for the end of the world.[3] The movement directs new members to sell their possessions and break with their families as a necessary part of earning salvation.[1] Any finances generated are distributed according to need. For instance, money might be used for material to sew clothing, traveling expenses, or cooking spices. In some cases new members' money was given to older members, but in other cases it was kept by the individual to do what they would with it.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

No that's not them, they are a bit more secretive than Methodists.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by baboon123

No that's not them, they are a bit more secretive than Methodists.

can you tell me roughly where they are
im in coventry west midlands
cheers

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Yeah its actually in Bristol, Brislington to be exact...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

cheers op
il do some digging later
these buggers cant have secrets
NOT WHEN I RULE lol

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Could it be this place? Based at 817a Bath Road, Brislington, Bristol, BS4 5NL.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Anon77

No thats not it, I will post the address in a second.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
1 Tramway Road, Brislington, Bristol, Avon BS4 3DS that's the address, they have the whole area around there and further to the right is a big warehouse building which is there HQ. I have tried digging for more info on them but they really are exclusive.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

That would be the Prospect Education Trust Religious School, Funded by this bunch. They also fund and operate this place. A charity founded by this bloke. Oddly the school doesn't have a website, which is a bit strange these days...

Probably a religious school for the kids of the super rich and privileged. Not for us normal plebs...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I did find this actually whilst searching..

There is no school website, but they are recruiting from here.

www1.hays.co.uk...

top topics

join