It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul's GOP Medicare Reform Plan Puts Seniors In Same Healthcare Program as Legislators

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
A plan based on John Kerry's idea. People have been wanting our representatives to get Medicare like the rest of us. Now they want seniors to have the same plan they do.

The Congressional Health Care for Seniors Act was introduced Thursday by Sens. Rand Paul (R-Ky. Sponsor), Mike Lee (R-Utah) ,Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and Jim DeMint (R-S.C. are Co-Sponsors).

cnsnews.com...

(CNSNews.com) – Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) said the Republicans’ new Medicare reform plan is “kryptonite” to Democrats, as he and his colleagues unveiled a bill Thursday that will put seniors into the same health-care system as their representatives in Congress.

Well. it's nice to think that someone cares about the oldsters, but will it fly? Read the article and if you care write your legislators. One day you'll be a senior if your aren't already.

www.randpaul2010.com...

www.freerepublic.com...

www.federalnewsradio.com...

edit on 3/16/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: fix subject line

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Federal Employees Health Benefits Program is not all that great. I think I would stick with Medicare. It is the same coverage every Federal Employ has. What makes Congress special is they have a free clinic and can use military hospitals for free. So it is in fact not the same as Congress but, the same as the they guy who cleans their offices. It is a clever way to try and sell it though. Hey its the same as what we have, minus the free stuff.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Thanks for the input. I guess I'll have to read the bill to see why they are promoting it.
Still I would like to have the option of comparing it to my medicare coverage.

join