It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A TED TALK in the year 2023...(and the TRUTH for me...)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I watched this teaser for the movie "prometheus" and i really liked. I'm a fan of ridley scott movies and once again he "touches" some very important point... that concerns to what we are and how we were created.. event to those that dont share my opinion is also a very nice trailer to watch....

A possible TED TALK in the year 2023:

I wonder if one day in some thousands or million years in the future... we will make life like we make video games but instead of using bits we will use protheines or DNA ... and we will become Gods...

I wonder what we will tell them (our sons) about us.. when they are so young and innocent and can't even imagine how they exist...
i wonder how will we intervene in their future... I wonder how many versions will we make until to the "final release".

Oooops... am i talking about earth and mankind???
I also wonder if the "gods" nowadays needed to invent such stories as the ancient ones so we (makind) could understand who we are , who is our father and how should we behave?

edit on 16-3-2012 by quelmarth because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2012 by quelmarth because: change the title to include what i wanted to discuss...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
thats a hell of a speech.
it left me very interested. this looks like it might me alright

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I really would like to discuss this topic and this trailer gave me a reason to create my 1st thread...
Pitty that few people will look at it.. but this is really how i think things have happened....

All the mithological gods and legends represent something true... but there was no other way the mankind could understand rather than little children stories..

For instance... the MAJOR rule in robotic.. (read azimov for instance ) is.. that a robot will allways obey to man and never question... just like the religion dogma.. and that seems so understandable if you think that we MEN are the gods to some living "race" we would create... so we just need to see us as a creation and not as the creators to understand why there is UFO and ETs or even other dimension/s... the problem of the religion is when MEN took care of it...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Great trailer, actually eager to see it now.

Sadly the only new tech I can see us having in 2023 is the 'latest iPhone' with a screen 0.2" bigger than the last!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by quelmarth

I think Asimov's rules will be broken at the first chance. Some one (Mankind) will be so proud of his/her achievement that they will program independent thinking into the automaton.

The road to hell is paved in good intentions.

From there it will be downhill for mankind as we will be soon rendered…obsolete.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Yes. This looks excellent.

Thats not so much a trailer as a companion short. That footage apparently isn't actually in the movie, although Weyland is. Very clever marketing.

The 2nd proper trailer is out tomorrow.

This has me more excited than any movie in more than a decade.

new topics

top topics

join