It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clooney Arrested In Protest At Sudanese Embassy.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Little do you all know...this is not George Clooney. It's his clone...George Cloney!!!!!
Created by TPTB to get all the Clooney fans around the world ready for war!!

Look out guys, there is soon to be a Clooney uprising! Rest assured that the Clooney army WILL NOT stand for this.
edit on 3-16-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

Oh man that would be a NIGHTMARE!!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab

Little do you all know...this is not George Clooney. It's his clone...George Cloney!!!!!

Look out guys, there is soon to be a Clooney uprising! Rest assured that the Clooney army WILL NOT stand for this.

If only you knew....

This is only the beginning.

*cue dramatic music*

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab

If only you knew....

This is only the beginning.

*cue dramatic music*

I'm actually picture a thousand of them mumbling in that "george clooney too cool to form a full sentence" way while they take to the streets marching in perfect formation

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidsHope
reply to post by MainLineThis

It appears to me in your post that you have a great big empty hole for those less fortunate.

Not all all. It breaks my heart (as i have said) to see people bathing in the same river they piss and crap in. To see women carrying baskets of heavy stuff on their head (apparently unaware of that nifty modern invention called the wheel). I feel bad for them, I really do.

I saw no mercy in your post wanting to kill everyone in Sudan over the age of 8.

Sorry your not keen enough to understand how the world works or the real point I was making. I was looking at it from a purely analytical perspective. The ONLY way to get the job done that these bleeding heart hippie scum want done under 2-3 generations is to do exactly what I prescribed. The inability for someone to detach their hippie component and understand what I say is 100% correct is why the world is so screwed up.

In deed it may be that those less fortunate are worth a thousand times more than any one anywhere in the world. Even you.

I don't care what they are worth. I don't assign a dollar amount to life. I don't assign anything to life. We are here, no different than pond scum. The fact that we have evolved a biochemical computer in our heads that allows us to be self aware doesn't make us better than a cockroach in the eye of the universe.

They are people. They live under drought, lack of food, and the baskets on their heads they took hours weaving themselves. Here in America we go buy a basket.

So what, I don't care. It's not my fault these idiots have been around THOUSANDS OF YEARS BEFORE AMERICANS and yet they are still savages, bathing in sewage and carrying baskets on their heads. Not my problem. they live in the society they deserve. Plain and simple. Your inability to understand that simple fact makes you ignorant. That's all there is too it.

And I don't feel guilty at all that I can go spend 5 bucks at walmart on things these savages would kill each other for. They have had thousands of years of a head start, they failed. Not my fault, and not my job to pick them up, dust them off, give them a bath, tell myself I did something good....then watch them start killing each-other the moment I turn my back.

They don't want war, or murder or slaughter. They just want a little food, and water and to stay alive..

So what. After thousands of years they can't even manage to handle getting themselves a little food and water to stay alive without killing each-other? And this is my problem how? If they didn't want to murder or slaughter like they do, you would think they wouldn't have the problems that they have now? odd that. These savages don't value human life, and neither do I. I guess I have something in common with them after all.

this may very well be a false flag

Oh for crying out loud, really? For what purpose? no conspiracy here man, what is reality so boring for you (or too complicated for you to understand) that you need to make stuff up in your head????? SAD SAD

But people in Sudan get just as hungry and need love and mercy just as much if not even more than we do.

Yeah, that's all they need, love and mercy. they will stop cutting the breasts off lactating women, killing children who don't join the army and beheading live humans if they are just loved some more. Man, give me a break. THE ONLY way of fixing that place and setting them on a better path is to KILL everyone over the age of 8. yeah I know that will never happen, but it will take 2-3 generations if we do it another way, and that is only if we can do the other way perfectly and the WHOLE world is on board with us. Since that wont happen, it might take 5-6 generations to change that place. Far cheaper to just kill everyone over the age of 8 and INSTANTLY change that country for the better. Let ethem read about ehri back ass history in a book.

Stop and think about what you are saying....Where is your heart?

I don't think with my heart. I have a brain. You should look into that. Idiots who think with their heart usually end up getting the raw deal or doing more harm than good. You know how the saying goes "don't judge my results, judge me by my good intentions". what a joke.

too bad there isn't a way for America to go in and do the right thing for once.

AND DO WHAT?!?!?!? Tell me, what will you have them do? Please, tell me how sending our military in there is nothing more than putting a band-aid on a bullet hole.

Sir, you have no idea of history or how humans work. You world view is devoid of actual reality. You live in a bubble that is self imposed.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Cloony is a shill, I do not trust him
at all. He was most likely paid to perform
this whole dog and pony show. This guy
is nothing but a rich elite commie.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Cloony is a shill, I do not trust him
at all. He was most likely paid to perform
this whole dog and pony show. This guy
is nothing but a rich elite commie.

but he does expose some human suffering.
all be it a bandwagon he pulls

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
When will we see a headline that shows an African national, who took a trip to the US, and was arrested protesting the fact that we have the largest prison population per capita of any country in the world: who's incarcerated are treated worse then anyone can imagine?

We won't. But we'll see how a white, actor, well intentioned he may be, is arrested in another country, a country he does not live in, and has zero investment in. When will the do gooders stop "helping" other countries, isn't that what the British did when they civilized the heathens of the backward world that didn't use folks and serve tea at three? How well did that work out?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Wow, reading this thread does make me sad. Not because someone has been arrested or anything like that.. but because of the reaction from some members.

No proof and yet most are absolutely convinced this is either planned by the government or Clooney is a shill. That's rather sad to be honest. All people have to go on is he was at the white house previously but so what.. That doesn't mean he's part of a conspiracy. He obviously didn't like what he heard while there or he wouldn't feel the need to go to an extreme like this (getting arrested). I mean come on now, let's try to look at thing's rationally shall we? Believe it or not, not everyone has an ulterior motive and/or is part of some conspiracy. Sometimes, just sometimes, people out there are good, want to help people and will do whatever it takes to help.. even if it means getting arrested to gain a bit of publicity for your cause which is what this obviously is.

I'm sure I'll be flamed to death for this post but I don't mind, It had to be said to be honest. Some people just really need to start thinking..
edit on 16-3-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman
When will we see a headline that shows an African national, who took a trip to the US, and was arrested protesting the fact that we have the largest prison population per capita of any country in the world: who's incarcerated are treated worse then anyone can imagine?

We won't. But we'll see how a white, actor, well intentioned he may be, is arrested in another country, a country he does not live in, and has zero investment in. When will the do gooders stop "helping" other countries, isn't that what the British did when they civilized the heathens of the backward world that didn't use folks and serve tea at three? How well did that work out?

better yet how about the headline saying African National took his case to the Whitehouse and had audience with the President.

These guys, Clooney and Bono that think they are Mother Teresa, and can offer policy to the powers that be bother me greatly. Let them do their humanitarian work and the show of that work present Policy recognition to the TPTB of the world.
edit on 16-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Refreshing to see that someone has their critical thinking cap on and not aiming for dumb one liners and general hilarity. Thank you!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

For somebody who has made over a thousand posts , but only one thread , you seem to have a hell of a lot to say on various subjects and most of your input is generally nagative .
If you ever have the nerve to post another thread I'm sure the majority of people you have insulted in your short time on here will be climbing over one another to give you their views .

Back to the subject at hand .
The whole incident reeks of a publicity stunt . For who's benefit , I do not know . I will be interested to read any developements .

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Here is an updated article.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

UPDATE: NBC has confirmed more arrests. Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va.), Rep. Jim McGovern (D-Mass.), former Rep. Tom Andrews (D-Maine), Nick Clooney (the actor's father), NAACP President Ben Jealous and Martin Luther King III were also taken into custody at the scene.

The Huffington Post spoke with Clooney immediately prior to his arrest (see footage at the top of this article). Here's what he had to say:

"The goal for today is the same goal its been all along and will continue to be and not be accomplished today or anytime in the near future, but it's a job that we have to continually do which is raise attention; protest the idea of a government attacking and killing its own innocent men, women and children and allowing aid to get in now because in the next few months it could be the greatest humanitarian crisis in the world and thats the important thing."

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Thank you for the update .

I take back everything I said about it being a publicity stunt . Clooney is only interested in raising awareness of the atrocities .
Good on you George

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Bingo ......Give the man a cigar for nailing that one , excellent observation and the truth.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Here is a youtube video about the incident.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I wasn't knocking the people of sudan or trying to mock what is happening there, I am sorry for them and if I could help I would, I would help anyone who needed it here there or anywhere if I had the means to do so and even if I didn't I would give the shirt off my back. but it's clooney, something about him just is wrong. I hope he helps people I hope it works, but he can go about it by NOT knocking our country. in the past he has shown to be a jerk when speaking out against our country, I hate when celebrities become political. If I were one I would secretly do things, not try to get attention. He can donate money, he can go there and help, this just reeks of Hey look at me Im george Clooney. American Dad had it with the episode "tears of a clooney" smug arrogant rat pack wannabe.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

OK no civil disobedience charge then, but how about the new law? Charge him with protesting within 10 feet of a congressman

This is a distraction event, with the express intent to have everyone focus on this instead of on somewhere else.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
Wow, reading this thread does make me sad. Not because someone has been arrested or anything like that.. but because of the reaction from some members.

No proof and yet most are absolutely convinced this is either planned by the government or Clooney is a shill. That's rather sad to be honest. All people have to go on is he was at the white house previously but so what.. That doesn't mean he's part of a conspiracy. He obviously didn't like what he heard while there or he wouldn't feel the need to go to an extreme like this (getting arrested). I mean come on now, let's try to look at thing's rationally shall we? Believe it or not, not everyone has an ulterior motive and/or is part of some conspiracy. Sometimes, just sometimes, people out there are good, want to help people and will do whatever it takes to help.. even if it means getting arrested to gain a bit of publicity for your cause which is what this obviously is.

I'm sure I'll be flamed to death for this post but I don't mind, It had to be said to be honest. Some people just really need to start thinking..
edit on 16-3-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

Yes because all Protesters are usually put in Secret Service vehicles and charged with "civil disobedience" which just happens to be a crime that does not exist

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well shucks. I like George Clooney. I don't know if this was staged or not but before we start knocking Clooney, lets at least wait and see what happens. Also why were the others that were arrested left out of the hate verbage?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelkhall
Well shucks. I like George Clooney. I don't know if this was staged or not but before we start knocking Clooney, lets at least wait and see what happens. Also why were the others that were arrested left out of the hate verbage?

I am not hating on Clooney or anyone... but I am calling this whole thing exactly what it is... a Photo Op.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join