It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan leader blasts US over probe into shootings

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
What does it matter? Two or three wrongs don't make a right. I mean, it's patently clear that a soldier going postal on children in country XYZ is not sane. It doesn't matter much what XYZ means. So well, he snapped.

It matters a great deal actually... Reason being it demonstrates that we are capable of investigating, charging, arresting our own using the laws in place that govern them. Sharia law cannot be applied to non Muslims, however we have people calling for just that. The simple fact they are ignoring their own laws should be evidence enough as to why he should not be turned over to the Afghans. The other red flag is the Afghans / Taliban are more interested in lynching our soldiers than they are in finding and prosecuting the afghan soldiers who murdered American soldiers who were not even involved.

Besides this being some really bad sh!t, I wonder why this couldn't have been anticipated.

Simple - because we are human. Trying to anticipate something like this would be like trying to anticipate where the next bank robbery or rape will occur. Just because a person goes of the deep end does not mean he telegraphed his intentions to everyone around him. The bulk of the time its only after the fact that people put 2 and 2 together. The guy could have made some comments to different people on different topics with regards to his mental health, issues at home, his lengthy deployment etc etc.

Taken individually it would appear as the guy is just venting and talking out the problem. When something like this occurs and people come forward who had contact with him will see that when all the info is put together, you get a picture of what was coming.

I don't have a fixed political view, at times I'm being an extremely left wing conservative. If that does not explain the picture, I'm simply a common sense man.

We are of the same mindset.. While people like to call me a jack booted thug neocon, I consider myself as an independent. I will vote for the person who I think most closely relates to my concerns or has a good game plan in order to get some things fixed etc.

I am all for a strong state of the art military. I am all for using any and all diplomatic overtures. Im all about closing down most of our overseas bases with a few exceptions.

One of my favorite shows was The West Wing. There is an opening scene that most closely resembles my opinion / thoughts when it comes to these types of situations (invasions / genocide / military intervention when only humanitarian issues are present. If you are not familiar with the show it deals with the white house, the president and his senior staff. To put the clip below into context a genocide was occurring in the country of equatorial kundu - African continent. All diplomatic efforts to resolve the issue was used and failed, leading to the clip below. I would prefer our foreign policy to closely mimic the show with some tweaks.

So...Evacuate the force, leave that pathetic place for Taliban to rule. At the same time, develop and deploy most lethal and most instrumented drones in history. Stir. Observe.

Lol you sound like me on these topics... Just a bit to the right of the Kaiser while reintroducing the term Civus Romanus tweaked to replace Romanus with Americanus

.....but we put our dreams away........
edit on 19-3-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join