It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan leader blasts US over probe into shootings

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
I wounder why people bomb america?
WHY do they spend years hating america.
and then do terrorism acts?

Because if they didn't; they wouldn't be hostile towards America and we would have a difficult time justifying brutally 'freeing' them from the tyranny of their own countrymen..... just ask Big Energy, Big Chemical, Big Pharma, Big Finance, and Big Aggro... after all, it's their lobbying that defines U.S. foreign policy.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

funny you should mention afghani gangs

There is considerable gang activity within the U.S. military.

However - they tend to keep fairly low-key... and there doesn't seem to be much reason to suspect the murders in question would be linked to American gang objectives (which do not usually include international operations).

Unless I am mistaken with what you are attempting to get at.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

What, Karzai grew a backbone just now? Right before the US forces are leaving?? MWAHAHAHHAAHHAHA

-continues hysterical laughter-

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I aim to please
An offer always extends too

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

That is one million question and the answer will make you laugh more.

Once Nato and US forces leave Afghanistan so the CIA protection and the private security army that is now controlling most of the power that Karzai have over its people

But the dirty littler secret is that many of the US tax payer payed security contractors (during the day time but Terrorist and mercenary during the night time are also causing a lot of pain to Karzai power grab within its nation as long as the US shadow forces conduct outside the law missions that US do not have to account for the faster Karzai think he can control his people that now are angry because all the mixed information they get about what is going on in the nation.

Tricky, tricky tricky.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I wonder if he is equally torqued about the investigation into the Afghans who murdered the Americans in an act of revenge?

Until then Karzai needs to sit down and shut the hell up.

I am more and more in favor of a complete and total withdraw from Afghanistan, and I mean immediate and not a year long draw down.

Let Karzai and his top notch security forces deal with the Taliban...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

I wonder if he is equally torqued about the investigation into the Afghans who murdered the Americans in an act of revenge?

Doubtless, he's lost sleep over that. He's tormented by the fact the accounts of the villagers, describing how they killed the Americans, differ from accounts of other villagers, who claim to have killed same Americans. Karzai would love nothing better than justice be done, but given these inconsistencies in testimony, he can't prosecute anyone.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

The phrase "be carefull what you wish for" come to mind. When we pull out (hope it's real soon) you can set a stopwatch on his life. If he decides he wants to stay.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Ironically enough Sharia law cannot be applied to non Muslims. So the call for the soldier to be tried under that system by Muslims are in fact ignoring their own rules on the matter.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

"I wonder if he is equally torqued about the investigation into the Afghans who murdered the Americans in an act of revenge? "

Murder requires "malice" and "aforethought"... see 187PC.

Would the guy who now calls himself US president be "torqued" when angry Americans killed uninvited Chinese occupiers?.. doubt it.

Hypocrisy abounds..

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Ironically enough Sharia law cannot be applied to non Muslims.

Whoa! And I thought I was smart... Good catch.

So the call for the soldier to be tried under that system by Muslims are in fact ignoring their own rules on the matter.

First, I don't believe for a second that there is no harsh penalty to a foreigner who committed a murder. Second, Afghanistan is not a Sharia state.

My recipe: evacuate Afghanistan TOMORROW, pay all soldiers huge bonuses, then deploy a large fleet of intelligent drones over Afghan skies, invest money into next generation of drones, robots and signal intelligence.

When you are done, you'll find that you saved money compared to the current campaign and spending BILLIONS to bribe scumbags like Karzai. I seriously can't wait till his testicles end up in his mouth.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

This reminds me of the speech that was given after marines urinated on corpses. (I'm not trying to compare these two situations by any means, urinating on dead bodies, and going Rambo on an afghan city are two completwly different things. But you never really hear much about this:

“I have sat back and assessed the incident with the video of our Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah.

“All these over-emotional pundits and armchair quarterbacks need to chill. Does anyone remember the two Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq?

This is WAR. People don't play nice, war is hell.

edit on 19-3-2012 by novemberecho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

the call for the soldier to be tried under that system by
Muslims are in fact ignoring their own rules

The law of the land is the law of the land.
Last I heard is that Afghani soil belongs to Afghans.
Either way, afghan or not, american or not,
anyone murdering toddlers and burning them and raping
their mothers need to be given a lethal injection even
better . . stoning and then some.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Wrong comparison but A for effort. Thus far the people who have killed Americans are part of the Afghan security / military forces. It would be like the first gulf war where Iraq invaded kuwait. The allies go in and liberate the country only to find the people they helped regain control are now indiscriminately targeting and killing allied military units.

Originally posted by GovtFlu
Hypocrisy abounds..

indeed
edit on 19-3-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

There have been calls to have the soldier turned over to the Afghan forces for trial. They are also calling for him to be tried under Sharia law. I am going to guess that those comments are coming from people who are responding to the Taliban's directive towards US soldiers. To me thats a clear indication that we need to haul ass. We got Bin Laden and its obvious Afghans would rather be the Somalia for the near / far east.

Anarchy and warlords.

As far as the soldier goes he could face the death penalty so thats kind of a moot point.

I am curious though to see the results if the families who were affected opted to forgive / receive payment to atone for the action. From what I have researched with Sharia law, specifically the eye for an eye concept, allows the accused to be freed by the families with no punishment if arrangements are made and the families accept.

What do you think might happen under that hypothetical?

There are videos out there showing life under Taliban rule. In a few of the videos it shows the typical drag the accused to the soccer field for public execution. In some of those videos the families affected forgave the accused, only to have the Taliban drag them out and kill them anyways.

If the Taliban / Afghans are going to target all US / NATO personnel in response to the one soldiers actions, then quite frankly the soldier should be set free with no charges. One can easily argue, using the Taliban / Afghan mentality we are seeing, that the people in the village who were killed had it coming because of the Afghan / Taliban soldiers actions from 3 years ago.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by novemberecho

I agree...

They want a double standard based on their religion and nothing more. They are justified in killing innocent people, using them in propaganda videos, beheading videos etc.. Yet get pissed when it happens to their people.

The only reason they (radicals) made it a religious war was to force NATO into a position of lose lose. By forcing our troops to "respect their religion" we have placed them into the position of being cannon fodder and nothing more. Any attempt to take action, as we see now, results in an insult to their religion, which only inflames the situation even more.

Im of the mindset that we stop treating radical Islam as a religion and start treating it more as a political system / military setup instead.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

We have a status of forces agreement with Afghanistan so the calls for him to be tried there are irrelevant. If Afghans dont like that setup then they can change it whenever they want.

As for the last part I agree to an extent.

I dont trust their legal system as its based off of 9th century mentality. No written statements, no ability to interview witnesses prior to trial, non existent rules when it comes to due process and evidence collection and admittance.

As an example of how jacked their system is -
A female was accused of adultery.. Under Sharia the transgression must be witnessed by multiple people in order to sustain the charge. In one of those instances (and I will dig around for the article) the judge allowed the husband (he brought the charge) to "testify" multiple times in order to satisfy the witness requirement. So instead of needing witnesses, the husband told his story, then told it again, then told it again, etc etc..

She was found guilty....

go figure.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

There have been calls to have the soldier turned over to the Afghan forces for trial. They are also calling for him to be tried under Sharia law. I am going to guess that those comments are coming from people who are responding to the Taliban's directive towards US soldiers.

What does it matter? Two or three wrongs don't make a right. I mean, it's patently clear that a soldier going postal on children in country XYZ is not sane. It doesn't matter much what XYZ means. So well, he snapped.

Besides this being some really bad sh!t, I wonder why this couldn't have been anticipated.

I don't have a fixed political view, at times I'm being an extremely left wing conservative. If that does not explain the picture, I'm simply a common sense man.

So...Evacuate the force, leave that pathetic place for Taliban to rule. At the same time, develop and deploy most lethal and most instrumented drones in history. Stir. Observe.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

If it not for the piling of bodies I really wouldn't wonder. How much time did he really have that he was able to walk off a base alone with his rifle, kill people and pile them up then walk back?

I imagine it had to look odd for a soldier to just walk off base alone with his rifle in the middle of a war zone.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Funny how everybody is aruing about the messenger and not how many US troops are behind the killings. Like fretting over small details instead of grabbing the true story by the balls.

''Hows the derailment of thoughts and the disinformation of truths going Sargent.''

''Oh very well Sir, very well indeed.''

Thats America for ya, just p!ss!ng in the wind.
And then they ask in a whiney voice, ''What did WE do to deserve this?''

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join