It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Paris - 2011 - Odd Behavior

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Well it's kind of dead around the Aliens and UFO forum.
I was searching around and I found this video. I watched it several times and I couldn't find any evidence of it being a fake. Maybe some one could point out what, if anything, I'm missing. I know it's kinda old, from November 2011, but the lights exhibit some strange behavior, and since nothing else is going on here I figured it would be a topic at least. I searched high and low and couldn't find a thread on it, yet, despite it being from 2011.

I like how the camera operator zooms out to give some perspective. From far a way it looks like one bright light. When the cam zooms in its another story.
At about 0.24 seconds, two lights seem to break away from the main cluster of lights. They stay within the same proximity of each other as they float down and to the left. Then they make a gentle curve to the right and
travel in that direction for a few seconds, after which they disappear.
After the minute and a half mark, the main group of lights begins to change its formation from a horizontal row of lights, to a more vertical position. They also space out a bit more evenly and it seems a few other lights come on at that point. After they reach this new formation, they all "turn out" and the sky goes dark. It's a pretty strange video all together. I haven't any idea as to what it could be. I'm sure their will be a few opinions posted and I'll gladly accept any views on what it might be because I'm clueless after watching several times.

Like I said, I don't think its fake but I could be wrong, I'm not a professional video analyst. Their are a few brains roaming this site that may be able to shed some light on a possible I.D.

TXML

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by txMEGAlithic

It looks like a single engine aeroplane display team , kind of like the fach display team in Chile .

edit on 16-3-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Well, my friend, Thank you for the two videos. Their is definitely a resemblance. The first one especially, mainly because it was night time in that vid too. I'm not sure what a display team is, so I'ma hit google right fast. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
TXML

link   
reply to post by gortex

Gortex, you must be a government worker! Your too good at this! Haha

I'd have to say you've hit the nail right on the head there!

link   
The original footage from France (2008):

....that was already discussed here 21/2 years ago and was debunked by my fellow French partners "Nablator":

I think it's one of the many sightings every year, usually the first Friday of July, exactly when the Patrouille Acrobatique de France (PAF) is training between Salon-en-Provence and Aix-en-Provence at night. Their jets have quite powerful lights. No UFO there.

Originally posted by nablator
Alpha Jets (Dassault).

fr.wikipedia.org...

Same planes different year, first friday of July :
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's been discussed many times in french ufo forums. These videos have been debunked quite convincingly by e-mailing the PAF. The date and location matches perfectly with the PAF training at night every year, beginning of July, at the annual celebration for the new promotion of the Air Force Academy (Ecole de l'Air, Salon-de-Provence).

They seem to move too slowly because they are 5-10 miles away, and can't be heard. If you're interested (and read french) I can post screen captures of e-mails that were exchanged with the air force base of Salon-de-Provence.

A few pictures from the PAF web site:

At night
www.patrouilledefrance.com...

Position of lights on the Alpha Jet

The main light

Lights seen at an air show in daylight
cdn-www.airliners.net...

This year's celebration :
opexnews.over-blog.com...
The second (very small) photo shows the Patrouille de France passing over them.

No UFO sighting at this date this year. There have been sightings in 1993, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007 and 2008. Maybe they canceled the usual training session later that night... I don't know, they may be fed up of being harassed by ufologists!

Case closed...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust
Thank you kindly, I guess I didn't search very thoroughly. I appreciate y'all jumpin to this n setting me straight.

Well.......until next time..hehehe.

TXML

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
The original footage from France (2008):

....that was already discussed here 21/2 years ago and was debunked by my fellow French partners "Nablator":

Case closed...

Since there is no information provided and it seems the YT is recyling an old video that has been debunked here......

Thread closed. Additonal thoughts can be added to the original thread

edit on March 16th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

top topics

join