State of the Russian Military

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This information is restricted only after the deployment date and route is restricted only after the deployment has been authorized by the NAVY command, and the president of the Russian Federation.

It is made this way since the deployment may happen earlier or later, but still even the proposed route of carrier is military secret and may not be spoken of until the return of deployment, if not forbidden to do so by the Navy command. This restriction may happen if there were any unplanned events during the deployment.

Hope this helps...

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
khruschev should'nt you be cleaning a aircraft carrier or something

For someone in the mighty Russian Navy you sure have alot of time on your hands

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kenshin

ever heard of shore leave?
or off duty hours?

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Unfortuantely I haven't

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Unfortuantely I haven't

well its the time when your not on duty at your station or doing other tasks.
shore leave is when you, well go ashore.
you can go ashore for quite some time if you do it right.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Heh, interesting that a second language speaking Russian, or maby third, spells the word "You" with "u" kid.

Pretend something that I was not, intestering..

But, intestering as it seems, no way is the Russian's better then the American states.

Heres a video of a Russian Made Mig-29 in a battle vs American made F-16.

videos.f16techs.com...'s.wmv

The Mig-29's were so bad, after simulation they crashed because of a MOCK battle.

The raptor also holds domination for the next 40 years.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The Russian military is strong, and is constantly growing as Russia grows. The US however has a much larger military budget right now. Look at the training that the US force has compared to other countries as well as the fighters, naval ships, and tanks. Russia does have very strong technology fielded. The US could destroy Iraq if it wanted, but politics are the main thing that are going on there right now. The US is trying to have the Iraqis run their country.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The US wants the Iraqis run their country and give their oil to US?

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Are the officers cleaning ships in US Navy?

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
Heh, interesting that a second language speaking Russian, or maby third, spells the word "You" with "u" kid.

Pretend something that I was not, intestering..

But, intestering as it seems, no way is the Russian's better then the American states.

Heres a video of a Russian Made Mig-29 in a battle vs American made F-16.

videos.f16techs.com...'s.wmv

The Mig-29's were so bad, after simulation they crashed because of a MOCK battle.

The raptor also holds domination for the next 40 years.

so what? many officers can speak two languages and have the slong of some areas.
funny how that very statement is thrown around a lot, far too often.
well the russian use of ingenuity is very impressive dont you agree?
the russians do lead in some areas of technology ,like the most realiable weapon on earth . although a bad range it is still a good rifle.
now let me think here russian air force pilots due to budget restraits do what? 70 hours flying a year?. where as thier counter parts can fly about 70 hours a week. and the fact they are low on ground crews might be another reason. the mig 29 is a good fighter mabye not the very elite , but its up there.
the raptor this the raptor that come on get over it. i mean you picked a totaly inferior craft because the politicions.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Laxpla and Kenshin showed they are not capable of having good discussions.

I don't get it. When talking other nations, why must you all reduce everything to bravado and insults??

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by khruschev
and u r proving urself n a poor country like iraq, why haven't u tried attacking someone stronger instead??? oh i forgot yes yugoslavia as well in 1999.... anyway i always wanted to see what a stealth F117A looks like from close, i even got a piece of it as a souvenir in belgrade air museum
keep it that way...

Iraq was the fourth largest military in the world during the first Gulf war. If they are weak this time around 10yrs after the fact thats proof of the beating they were handed in the first Gulf War.

Who did Russia prove themselves with lately? Afghanistan which was awhile ago and you didnt even win. So I dont think you should talk.

About the F-117 is decades old tech it was started in the early 70s. It was lost due to spies letting out its flight path. And its still better then any stealth Russian plane I seen.

The US black budget is almost the size of the whole Russian military budget.

[edit on 17-10-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Who did Russia prove themselves with lately? Afghanistan which was awhile ago and you didnt even win. So I dont think you should talk.

not any really and i think thats something to be proud of , not getting into a fight is actualy a good thing, there are times for a fight but not getting into them shows knowledge.

The US black budget is almost the size of the whole Russian military budget.

yeah but they did lose almost every bit of money they had. now give them a while and you'll have a good military

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

not any really and i think thats something to be proud of , not getting into a fight is actualy a good thing, there are times for a fight but not getting into them shows knowledge.

But when hes trying to make a point that we have no battle experience against a strong enemy its the pot calling the kettle black ,thats the point I was trying to make not that war is a good thing.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

But when hes trying to make a point that we have no battle experience against a strong enemy its the pot calling the kettle black ,thats the point I was trying to make not that war is a good thing.

oh rite.
yeah, theres no one really to fight that is "strong" anyhow except china but frankly i dont think will happen.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

About the F-117 is decades old tech it was started in the early 70s. It was lost due to spies letting out its flight path. And its still better then any stealth Russian plane I seen.

Haha, lost due to spies letting out its flight path... I was in pretty bad mood the whole day, but this made me feel happier. I was always saying American propaganda was a good one. The plane was lost due to early warning radars produced during 60's in the USSR, and due to a simple SAM. Btw. At least one more F117A was hit but it didn't crash. One of them was reported crash landing in Croatia...

The maneuver of deceiving the Yugoslav Anti Aircraft Artillery fails: hit over Surcin, the most praised strategic Stealth aircraft, “B-2A Spirit”, hit the ground behind the last houses in Dec village, in Pecinci district. Two pilots feel safe in their cockpits as they are flying too high, but they will have to fly lower to fulfill their task. And than... They are discovered... A part of the air-force brigade is attacking the northeast sector of Belgrade. Their plan is to distract the attention of the Yugoslav Anti Aircraft Artillery from the “B-2A” as in already performed attack on the Chinese embassy at 23,30 p.m. on 7th May, and to direct it to the Pancevo bridge and Belgrade down town. At the same time, the strategic bombardiers formation will sneak from Surcin to Yugoslav capital and rock it. The hospitals in Dedinje were hit. And the “spirits” were already over Surcin, the pilots thought that the trick was perfect. But, the fire arrows were flying from the ground towards the “invisible”, the canon grenades and the ground-air missiles were fired. Bingo! Direct hit. The morning news broadcasted short information about the USA strategic bomber that had been shot. The news was not denied, even by the NATO.

This as well, another piece of info for you to argue about, but it took 2.4 billion USD out of US budget.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
shadow im not taking any sides here but i think that US army lost more wars since WW2 then any other country in the world and to compare raptor to mig-29 is ridicilous.raptor is 150mil and mig 29 is around 25 so you can buy 6 migs for 1 raptor and i honestly think thet raptor against 6 migs in dogfight dont stand a chance.

US and Russians have different perspective of war,look at WW2 Russians have made t-34 which was good tenk and germans had tigers which was FAAAAAAARRRR superior then t34 but it was to big ,to expensive,it had to have army to maintain it ,and at the end who was cellebrating in Berilin.

US army has same mentality as german ingeeners during ww2,they make weapons which are excelent,one of the best in the world but in real war there is no economy thet could support such army,just look at Iraq now,US army has logistical troubles maintaining 150000 troops in Iraq,and is loosing the war,i was in Bosnia during war and i saw soldiers trowing of US gear(m16 rifles....) and taking ak-47,i saw Abrams tanks not being able to cross the bridge becouse of its weight and in hills ,vallies ,rivers in Bosnia Abrams is useless,hell t-55 can be more usefull then Abrams ,not to mention m-84-ex-YU version of t-72

[edit on 17-10-2004 by viking27]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
khruschev talk about propganda No B-2 has ever been shot or shot down. Where did you find that piece of information?

And what about the good old SR-71 how many thousands of times did Russia try to shoot it down and miss. But Im sure you have some article that says Russia or somebody eles shot down a SR-71

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by viking27
shadow im not taking any sides here but i think that US army lost more wars since WW2 then any other country in the world and to compare raptor to mig-29 is ridicilous.raptor is 150mil and mig 29 is around 25 so you can buy 6 migs for 1 raptor and i honestly think thet raptor against 6 migs in dogfight dont stand a chance.

First I never mentioned the F-22 or the Mig 29 so I dont know where you comming from with that statement.

Second about America losing more wars then any country after WW2
You have to be kidding besides Vietnam name one war that the US was in that could have been considered a loss. Even Vietnam depends on what you consider a loss. If you go by body counts the US has won just about ever war it has ever been in.

The US in the Gulfwar had the most lopsided win in a war in human history.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Vietnam,Somalia,Beirut,N.Korea,present day Iraq.

US will start a fight,(it was my mistake to writte war,sry),get ass kicked and retreat.

times and times again it has been showen then might of US army(and every other invading army) is crushed by swarms of ak47 and rpg armed "almost"civilians.

and to say Vietnam isnt loos i can only LOL.

and for N.KOREA i can give US army, not defeated but it isnt win either

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join