State of the Russian Military

page: 2
0
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

Yeah you can fly a long way at interceptable speeds like subsonic while your comrades are flying up behind you at supersonic on afterburner with heat seekers ready to go live. Or you can fly a long way going nice and slow at fuel efficient altitude while SA-5 locks onto your ass and blows you away.


Understandable, but it wasn't for lack of fuel was it ? If they didn't have enough fuel then how could he be intercepted by other planes ?

Besides some tof the bases were so close to the boarder that all you'd have to do is fly at treetop height for less than 100km. SAM's back then would have a hard time finding you let alone launching on you, same goes for the fighters.

[edit on 23-9-2004 by mad scientist]




posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

Originally posted by taibunsuu

Yeah you can fly a long way at interceptable speeds like subsonic while your comrades are flying up behind you at supersonic on afterburner with heat seekers ready to go live. Or you can fly a long way going nice and slow at fuel efficient altitude while SA-5 locks onto your ass and blows you away.


Understandable, but it wasn't for lack of fuel was it ? If they didn't have enough fuel then how could he be intercepted by other planes ?

Besides some tof the bases were so close to the boarder that all you'd have to do is fly at treetop height for less than 100km. SAM's back then would have a hard time finding you let alone launching on you, same goes for the fighters.

[edit on 23-9-2004 by mad scientist]


They don't have a hard time locating position of their own planes via radar if they're able to pop U-2 spy planes.

Interceptors don't have to worry about running out of fuel because they're not going to leave airspace of occupied areas. If they can't catch the defector before he's out of their airspace he's as good as gone.

Soviet Union pilots were not free to make a hard left and break for Western countries. And only the nomenclaturar - the elite class of Soviet Russia who didn't wait in line for food and had Western luxury - were allowed the truly elite fighter positions.

I'm telling you that place was HELL and many pilots died trying to get the # out of hell. They didn't have minefields along Iron Curtain barrier to keep out the Beatles.



posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

They don't have a hard time locating position of their own planes via radar if they're able to pop U-2 spy planes.


Yeah, sure for a target up high with no radar clutter, on the deck is a far different matter, especially with the radars they had then.



Interceptors don't have to worry about running out of fuel because they're not going to leave airspace of occupied areas. If they can't catch the defector before he's out of their airspace he's as good as gone.


Who's to say an interceptor pilot wouldn't defect, if they have enough fuel tp get to the boarder then would have enough to cross it.



Soviet Union pilots were not free to make a hard left and break for Western countries. And only the nomenclaturar - the elite class of Soviet Russia who didn't wait in line for food and had Western luxury - were allowed the truly elite fighter positions.


Please clarify why Soviet pilots were not free to defect, it's a personal choice unless you're implying mind control.



I'm telling you that place was HELL and many pilots died trying to get the # out of hell. They didn't have minefields along Iron Curtain barrier to keep out the Beatles.


Many pilots ? Any links to this assertion, I have read much about the Cold War and haven't come across any Soviet pilots being shot down. There have been plenty of US spy planes lost to the Soviets.



posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I'm an officer in the russian naval aviation, and all i can say is that most of the stuff you are telling is based on pure american propanganda and if u think that soviet propaganda was hard american one is 100 times that. our combat a/c are capable of what even the experimental western equivalents are not. h one more surprise for u, yes we do have enough oil to fly... and u r proving urself n a poor country like iraq, why haven't u tried attacking someone stronger instead??? oh i forgot yes yugoslavia as well in 1999.... anyway i always wanted to see what a stealth F117A looks like from close, i even got a piece of it as a souvenir in belgrade air museum
keep it that way...



posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
ok here it is
if someone wants to look at photos of f117 besides other stuf from Yugoslavia
www.geocities.com...
and
www.geocities.com...



posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Where are you stationed khruschev ?



posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
currently in north siberia, should be transferred to admiral kuznetsov carrier on its next deployment. why are you asking?

btw. nice shots wolf



posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by khruschev
I'm an officer in the russian naval aviation, and all i can say is that most of the stuff you are telling is based on pure american propanganda and if u think that soviet propaganda was hard american one is 100 times that. our combat a/c are capable of what even the experimental western equivalents are not. h one more surprise for u, yes we do have enough oil to fly... and u r proving urself n a poor country like iraq, why haven't u tried attacking someone stronger instead??? oh i forgot yes yugoslavia as well in 1999.... anyway i always wanted to see what a stealth F117A looks like from close, i even got a piece of it as a souvenir in belgrade air museum
keep it that way...


Christ what a BS artist



posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I didn't even know that the Russian's had computers


Why do you have the Hammer & Sickle in your avatar ... and why are you called khruschev, shouldn't you be called Putin and have the flag of the Russian Federation in there ... or are you some kind of hardline communist



posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
OK MS, believe what you want. Soviet Union was paradise and no one ever tried to leave. Pilots especially never tried to leave.



posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
OK MS, believe what you want. Soviet Union was paradise and no one ever tried to leave. Pilots especially never tried to leave.


what is your definition of 'paridise' cause ... the Soviet Union was no paradise


Pilots were afraid of getting shot thats why they didn't try to leave, and im sure that pilots have defected from the Soviet Union, one pilot defected during the Korean War



posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kenshin

Originally posted by taibunsuu
OK MS, believe what you want. Soviet Union was paradise and no one ever tried to leave. Pilots especially never tried to leave.


what is your definition of 'paridise' cause ... the Soviet Union was no paradise


Pilots were afraid of getting shot thats why they didn't try to leave, and im sure that pilots have defected from the Soviet Union, one pilot defected during the Korean War


I was being sarcastic. Read my previous posts where I was arguing with Mad Scientist.

There's a ton of books detailing freedom flights of pilot defectors. MS, U2U me if you want the titles.

Soviet pilots defected with every single-seat aircraft the CCCP produced, from MIG-15 to the MIG-29.



posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reason why i have the avatar and name like that is my mood check it



posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by khruschev
currently in north siberia, should be transferred to admiral kuznetsov carrier on its next deployment. why are you asking?


Remember, it doesn't count as a deployment unless you guys get past Gibraltar under your own power.



posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
i'll send you photos from gibraltar, when i arrve back home...


the only problem will be if america dissapears by that time, since i don't see many people in the world liking you, and N. Korea has nuclear weapons, at least they claim so....



posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I agree with khruschev, most of the stuff you guys are hearing/heard about USSR is American propaganda.
The conditions were never that bad/hard, and no offence, but those defectors that some of you were talking about are just some as****** who wanted to live the American dream...


What is the status of it?

The status is way better than it was before. The new weapons and equipment (like RShG series, OSV-96, BMD-4, BMP-3M, BTR-90, T-90M, Mi-28, Mi-8/24 upgrades, night vision goggles..) is starting to enter the production and is being delivered to the troops, not in the large numbers yet, but we'll get there.

The military is undergoing some changes. As of now, we already have two contract (professional) divisions - 76 gv. VDD (Airborne), 201 MSD (Moto-rifle), and the third one 45 MSD I believe, has been made/started a few months ago.

As you can see, the things are getting better.

have a good one.



posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by khruschev
i'll send you photos from gibraltar, when i arrve back home...


the only problem will be if america dissapears by that time, since i don't see many people in the world liking you, and N. Korea has nuclear weapons, at least they claim so....


Please, stop BSing people, there is no way you are in the Russian Navy. Being transferred from N Siberia to the Kuznetov
. Nothing you say makes any sense, I bet your some kid as usual pretending to be something you're not.



posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
khruschev,
are you in VVS SF ? or BO/BV SF ?



posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
just so u know that naval aviation training centers are in several places in different parts of russia. u don't have to believe to what i say it is your full right. i will be transferred to kuznetsov in june if the deployment will be authorized since the ship ain't in great condition. if authorized we will leave the port in july, and come back 3 months later.



posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by khruschev
just so u know that naval aviation training centers are in several places in different parts of russia. u don't have to believe to what i say it is your full right. i will be transferred to kuznetsov in june if the deployment will be authorized since the ship ain't in great condition. if authorized we will leave the port in july, and come back 3 months later.


Does your Navy have anything like OPSEC when it comes to deployment dates? The US Navy does not release any information on the deployment until a few weeks before it starts.

Apparently your Navy has no restrictions on revealing information like that.....





new topics
top topics
 
0
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join