It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dispute Over Dime Leads To MTA Employee Arrested For Allegedly Punching Bronx Straphanger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
A woman in NYC says she was "attacked" by a station attendant
because she was taking too long to find money !

The woman was 10 cents short of a Metro Card, and was getting a dime from her purse.

The woman is alleging that the clerk came outside the booth and went after her.
Picking her up by the neck and even chocking her !!

It appears something did happen,
because police arrested the worker !!!
and the MTA suspended the employee pending an investigation.

And the woman has a lawyer already and will file suit !

The MTA worker seems to take her job very seriously

I wonder what kind if daily stress both women are under ?

March 15, 2012 11:59 PM -- CBS, New York

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A New York City woman says she was attacked by a subway station attendant for taking too long to find cash.

Janet Ojeda admitted she exchanged words with the woman in the token booth on Thursday morning, but when the clerk allegedly came out and picked her up by the neck, choking her, well, even hours later, Ojeda got emotional talking about it when talking to CBS 2′s Hazel Sanchez.

“She came and she swung me against the gate and she picked me up with one hand and she was just looking straight into my eyes … like… I started seeing a blur. And I’m trying to get air. And she could hear me, but she didn’t let go,” Ojeda told CBS 2′s Hazel Sanchez. .....

Don't Drop a Dime !

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
That's pretty messed up.

I can't imagine the attendant becoming violently aggressive just because she didn't have the money ready. The article says she "had words" with the woman in the booth. I get the impression that we're not getting "the rest of the story", if you know what I mean.

on a side note... the attendant picked the woman up with one hand? Are they putting gorillas in the ticket booths now?

join