It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attachment Disorder: Research Issues, Sources, Relationship Impacts, Implications: My View

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by canadiansenior70

GADZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

HOW HEART-RENDING!!!!!!!

I'm just fresh from an intense time with a PTSD Marine . . . and have to get sleep to leave for a day's driving with him tomorrow early.

IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU HAVE OVERCOME FAR MORE TO A GREATER DEGREE THAN MOST FOLKS I KNOW COULD HAVE WITH SUCH HORRENDOUS TESTS OF YOUR METTLE, YOUR COURAGE, YOUR RESILIENCE, YOUR SURVIVABILITY.

As you may have gathered above . . . I know something experientially about wholesale rejection from family though mine was not as bad as yours.

The physical suffering alone is awesome to read about . . . and I usually hate to use that word.

I've often been sick to death of trying to find even decent Christians in the better churches to be reliable durable Friends, Brothers & Sisters in Christ. What a pathetic mess the church is in.

Tooo often, pagans have been more Christlike to me, sadly.

So, I know what it is to pine away for connectedness and to find little to none.

I'm going to prayerfully ponder your narrative and see if there's anything redemptive or healing I can offer to you.

I do offer my friendship and my caring . . . and my prayers in your behalf.

I am learning quite painfully myself . . . at some point . . . avoid casting pearls before pigs . . . avoid putting up with abuse; being used; trashed etc.

Even if the best I can do is befriend store clerks and waiters and street people, . . . I'd rather do that than be an enabler of cruel folks who can only be destructive from their RAD instead of learn to grow through it and out of it and be kind to folks. There's no need for cruelty. Sheesh.

I hope you are not aiding and abetting and enabling any hangers on whether blood related or not. It does NOT HELP THEM.

If they won't maintain a genuine caring give and take relationship with you--rain on em.

One way giving just doesn't work for either side, really.

Anyway--My heart goes out to you.

I do have a thought . . . my impression is that you have a wealth of human relations writing, stories, narratives, even novels piled up inside of you. Perhaps it's time to begin to let some of that out your fingers into your keyboard and computer . . . others could profit a lot from your painfully hard won insights.

And, it could be quite cathartic for you.

Anyway--God's best to you . . . however that could be . . . at this point.

Blessings,
BoX

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Thank you BO,

I am always surprised when sometimes responds to me about my strength and abilities, in spite of the life I have led being one over which many would give up.

Thank you for prayerfully pondering me. I need all the prayers I can get.

No! I am not enabling anyone (anymore) after those experiences. However, yesterday there was a beggar on the street, and I was on my second time out alone after leaving the Rehab Center. I was after my new Rxs, then had another stop about 3 blocks away. Instead of tossing $5.00 into his hat, I said I would pay him $5 if he would push me in my 'chair to my destination (6 blocks there and and back.) It was my way of giving a guy who needed cigarettes, even though I didn't know his reason for begging and even after I had quit smoking in 2010 after 54 years of smoking. I was not my fault that he was almost out of breath upon return to his "spot" with a pack of cigs (COPD?) needing my $5 to get him there. He could have chosen "No" and I could have rescinded my offer, but I see where I often ought to have said "No" for the sake of myself. I had smoked for 54 years and quit in 2010 (1956-2010, cold turkey) and felt really good, as he is just 54 years old. There is no free lunch!

I also befriend store clerks, street people and executives.

As well, I don't allow "hangers-on" or enable people. (I asked the street person though, as I was on my way and knew my arms might not get me there and back). I also think there is a great story within me, but wonder if I have the ability to put it to pen. I am now researching a battery operated chair, after 45 years.

Cheers
CS70

edit on 19-3-2014 by canadiansenior70 because: rewording

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by canadiansenior70

Glad to read you're not enabling folks. Sounds like you have some good reality testing.

Will pray for your wisdom and provision about the battery operated chair.

I assume you have decent computer and software.

I have ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT that you have the capacity and potency of great stories within you yearning to flow out. Will pray that God leads you forcefully yet gently into their unfolding.

You may not know that you can publish on Kindle via Amazon.com for free. Just have to learn the process. If something does well that way, it's conceivable a print publisher would pick it up.

Anyway--rushing along. Please keep me posted on your progress. You are welcome to U2U me if & as fitting.

Blessings,

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
If you will please msg me

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join