It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up to 20 US troops behind Kandahar bloodbath - Afghan probe

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
Maybe you should try the Lancet Surveys papers.. In the only peer reviewed science of the death count in the Iraqi war. The second survey[2][3][4] published on 11 October 2006, estimated 654,965 and this was a conservative estimate. Now remember this is for 2006 and just for Ira.q. Afghanistan not inculded...Yes the total numbers dead are now over a million...

Oh, yes, the Lancet survey. The one that was found to be flawed and not quite accurate.

And regardless, it shows total deaths, not all of them were killed by US Forces.

I am correct in my statement that the wars have killed between 1-2 million and dont bother arguing unless you provide some science to back you claim up.

No, you're not. You're implying that the US has killed 1-2 million people, and they haven't. Sorry.

Further for your information.

Yeah, you mean like actually being in those areas. I have. I doubt you have.

Both the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq where illegal under internation law.

And this has been brought up and condemned in the UN, right?

The Nazi's thought they were above the law to but they were not. Check out the Nuremberg trials...

Ah, yes, the ol' "The US is just like the Nazis" argument. Research what the Nazis actually did and get back to me.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Not nothing for nothing, but as much as the US isn't the Nazis, the Nazis did learn a few things from us, for example, performing studies on unwilling human test subjects. If you read the Nuremberg Trials, the Nazis Doctors claim they got some of their experimentation ideas from us. Nice, right? I also wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get a few ideas from them as well.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Ah, yes, the ol' "The US is just like the Nazis" argument. Research what the Nazis actually did and get back to me.

Godwin's Law

Godwin's Law, my friend.

edit on 23-3-2012 by novemberecho because: link

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by novemberecho

Godwin's Law

Godwin's Law, my friend.

Ok, THAT was awesome. I've never seen that before, but I can see Godwin's point. Seriously awesome.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

Oh, yes, the Lancet survey. The one that was found to be flawed and not quite accurate

Found flawed and inaccurate by whom may I ask. Funny it is the only peer reviewed paper done on on the death toll of the war and you think its inaccurate. It was done using real science. Not government sponsored science. There is a big difference. It is not flawed it has stood the test of the scientific community.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by happyhomemaker29
Not nothing for nothing, but as much as the US isn't the Nazis, the Nazis did learn a few things from us, for example, performing studies on unwilling human test subjects. If you read the Nuremberg Trials, the Nazis Doctors claim they got some of their experimentation ideas from us. Nice, right? I also wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get a few ideas from them as well.

Yes you did. Look up operation paper clip. As far as being Nazis yes there are differences. But really I dont see much different between killing people because of their religion and killing people for money and oil...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Found flawed and inaccurate by whom may I ask. Funny it is the only peer reviewed paper done on on the death toll of the war and you think its inaccurate. It was done using real science. Not government sponsored science. There is a big difference. It is not flawed it has stood the test of the scientific community.

Not a big fan of Wikipedia, but check out the references at the bottom.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

I found this at the bottom...

The government rejected this survey and its estimates as unreliable; in part absurdly because statistical extrapolation from samples was thought invalid

I dont care what that government thinks. They are not scientists. The paper has not been scientifically refuted.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join