It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up to 20 US troops behind Kandahar bloodbath - Afghan probe

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MI5edtoDeath

You don't need help corralling people who are in bed.

It really doesn't get any simpler than that.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

You are correct. You do not need to corral 16 people as long as they are on the same bed. Simple.

However, they went into a number of houses and rounded up some and killed them and shot others through windows or while running away. Plausible.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Yeah, in theory you are right. But, lets be honest here. The population and the Government are
stunted and handicapped when it comes to modern thought and modern rule.

They still stone and behead women for being raped. (if they choose NOT to marry their rapist)

They are un evolved and need to be left to their own barbaric ways. They will catch up with the rest
of the free thinking world in a few hundred years.

The problem with leaving them alone..... Some of them decide they want to attack western countries.

We need to back our way all the way to the airport... Transport as much military hardware as we can
to meet the deadline. Lets make that deadline tomorrow at 6pm... Leave the mud huts and corrupt
govt. to rip themselves to shreds.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MI5edtoDeath

You are correct. You do not need to corral 16 people as long as they are on the same bed. Simple.

However, they went into a number of houses and rounded up some and killed them and shot others through windows or while running away. Plausible.

I wish we had an opportunity to test this, but I bet we could reverse this story, and the same people would believe the same side of the story.

If the US said there were 3 soldiers, yet the tribal elders said it was 1, the same people would believe the rumor mill. It was dark! They did a bed count to find the soldier that left. The only one unaccounted for was this guy..

They base this "more than one" theory on simply this "one man could not do it" Yet some people are so willing to throw logic and facts to the wayside, simply to hate on the US... There is a word for this "pathetic"

For proof of above word, read below.

edit on 17-3-2012 by ScarletWitch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScarletWitch
reply to post by Aeons

Yeah, in theory you are right. But, lets be honest here. The population and the Government are
stunted and handicapped when it comes to modern thought and modern rule.

They still stone and behead women for being raped. (if they choose NOT to marry their rapist)

They are un evolved and need to be left to their own barbaric ways. They will catch up with the rest
of the free thinking world in a few hundred years.

The problem with leaving them alone..... Some of them decide they want to attack western countries.

We need to back our way all the way to the airport... Transport as much military hardware as we can
to meet the deadline. Lets make that deadline tomorrow at 6pm... Leave the mud huts and corrupt
govt. to rip themselves to shreds.

I think the Afghans would be very happy to be rid of the Americans, their murdering ways and lame insults. When you leave, be sure to shut the door behind you and don't come back looking to buy mineral resources.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abduct3d
reply to post by KingAtlas

Sucks how easy evil can destroy such great visions and ideas we try to create!

Please tell me what great visions and ideas are you trying to create...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Some basic facts need answers:

* A lone soldier left base at 0300 with a vehicle without being stopped or asked where he was going. HOW?

* The soldier had apparently gone to the base arms cache and armed himself "heavily" before leaving (original report day after the shootings)

* This guy drives for miles to the villages and kills 16 people and no friendly troops see him on the way in/out?

* Reports in the days afterwards from other villagers (or Afghan people in the area) say there were "multiple troops" that night

* The "lone soldier" then apparently went back to base, parked up, and then went and admitted his crime. Why wasn't he stopped at the gate and asked where he had been?

* Was the soldier covered in blood? Apparently he had moved the bodies to burn them after shooting them - he must have got blood on him/them right? No questions about this???

None of it makes sense. My guess - op gone bad.

Only a few weeks ago there was an article on TV about military justice and how sometimes one guy will take the fall "for the team". Maybe this is an example of that?
edit on 17-3-2012 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

Way to lay it out, it really doesn't add up at all. Either that, or that base has some serious security issues that need to be addressed, and the brass that runs the place should be charged as an accessory for the total incompetence of it all.
edit on Sat, 17 Mar 2012 11:53:07 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScarletWitch

Originally posted by MI5edtoDeath

I wish we had an opportunity to test this, but I bet we could reverse this story, and the same people would believe the same side of the story.

If the US said there were 3 soldiers, yet the tribal elders said it was 1, the same people would believe the rumor mill. It was dark! They did a bed count to find the soldier that left. The only one unaccounted for was this guy..

They base this "more than one" theory on simply this "one man could not do it" Yet some people are so willing to throw logic and facts to the wayside, simply to hate on the US... There is a word for this "pathetic"

"Pathetic"

Hmmm! Rather a strong reaction.

Unlike you I take a deductive reasoning approach and choose not to accept the explanation of the murderer and his colleagues who had spirited him out of the country after the mass killings.

We are also left with the explanation that he was injured with a brain damage on another tour in another country the US invaded, and this may have been the cause of the atrocity. No evidence provided.

The surviving victims say that it was more than one American killer. I am able to accept their claims because they would be more interested in catching the killers of their loved ones more than embarrassing the US in the international arena.

Like a common criminal, American soldiers have form. I know from the stories of returning US soldiers, marines urinating on the corpses of farmers described as insurgents, Abu Ghraib, Bagram Airforce Base, Falluja,etc. American soldiers routinely commit atrocities and war crimes.

It is for the above reason that I am prepared to put more credibility on the testimony of the victim community over the US soldier. his superiors and the American media. The killer left Afghanistan in haste; it was indecent.

Now to consider this latest crime, more than one house was attacked, only those that ran at the moment of executions survived. Those that were dead or seriously wounded may have been burnt. No guard at the base saw the killer or killers drive out and drive back in.

All these element points to a number of conclusions; the US authorities are lying, the victims are telling the truth and there was more than one murderer.

Here are videos on the lowdown on US soldier war crimes. The last video goes into detail on US soldiers that murder children.
edit on 17-3-2012 by MI5edtoDeath because: No ReAsOn GiVeN

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Whether it was one or twenty or two hundred, it doesn't matter.
Somehow, this horrible act, has triggered an event where we are actually thinking about leaving Afghanistan early.

Yes. It was a terrible thing.

But to use it as a fulcrum for the entire operation in Afghanistan is insane.

This just shows how "uncommited" our spineless leaders are. Want to leave? Fine.

Just don't use this as an excuse. It makes us look weak.
*bah*
I'm disgusted by the whole thing!
*throws hands in disgust*

I think most politicians who are actually in power (viz. not GOP candidates) realize this is difficult but are not discussing moving out - the people who are discussing wanting the US are the angry little child Hamid Karzai and the Afghan people, who are very reasonably sick of being used as the play-things of American soldiers. Let me qualify that comment - I am aware, as are all, that the vast majority of American soldiers in the theatre (and ISAF soldiers, for that matter) are good, honest, honourable people. However, for whatever reason, the US forces have been tarred in the eyes of the public in Afghanistan because there have been a several noteworthy incidents which have been terrible PR for the US in the past few months/year. I think most of the fallout from those have died down, but when these events start to happen with a frequency or are so close together in time, you really run the risk of pushing tensions to breaking point. I guess we will have to wait and see whether that is the case here.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

"Pathetic"

Hmmm! Rather a strong reaction.

Unlike you I take a deductive reasoning approach and choose not to accept the explanation of the murderer and his colleagues who had spirited him out of the country after the mass killings.

Lets touch on this first. While you claim to be this logical thinker, can you explain why you left out the following.

a. There is an agreement in place (signed documents, signed by the US officials and the Afgani officials) detailing how crimes committed by US soldiers are to be handled. They have handled ALL crimes by US soldiers in the same manner. Why is it you leave this out? Did you not know?
b. They made sure they announced he was on a plane out of there... Do you have the slightest idea why they would do that? They did it for the safety of other US troops. I know you don't care about their safety, but their are military leaders that are tasked with their safety.

We are also left with the explanation that he was injured with a brain damage on another tour in another country the US invaded, and this may have been the cause of the atrocity. No evidence provided.

When a seemingly honorable soldier does something like this, people often look for a motivating cause. I brain injury in the past would be something that is note worthy. Do I think he should have been cleared and in the field, no I don't. But, that isn't what we are discussing here. No evidence provided? They didn't release his name to protect his family.... I am sure a Dr. medical summary will be released.. The fact that you pointed that out or questioned that, is very telling of your motive and common sense.

The surviving victims say that it was more than one American killer. I am able to accept their claims because they would be more interested in catching the killers of their loved ones more than embarrassing the US in the international arena.

It was dark, and from the news conference they seem to be stuck on the assumption "it is impossible for one soldier to do this, their must have been more"

Like a common criminal, American soldiers have form. I know from the stories of returning US soldiers, marines urinating on the corpses of farmers described as insurgents, Abu Ghraib, Bagram Airforce Base, Falluja,etc. American soldiers routinely commit atrocities and war crimes.

I bet I can browse your posts and find you telling someone how silly and ignorant it is, to generalize an entire group, simply by the actions of a few. There have been some horrific things done by US soldiers, this is true. BUT, if you look at the numbers in battle, the percentage of crimes is not all that high. "Corpses of farmers" You call them farmers, yet you have no proof of this. Just a little more proof, of your willingness to accept anything anti US, swallowing it whole.

It is for the above reason that I am prepared to put more credibility on the testimony of the victim community over the US soldier. his superiors and the American media. The killer left Afghanistan in haste; it was indecent.

Are you female? Women are often know for their drama... "The killer escaped silently into the night, like a fast moving breeze taking all of humanity with him" jeeesh. You act like he had a choice in the matter! Now your just being silly.

Now to consider this latest crime, more than one house was attacked, only those that ran at the moment of executions survived. Those that were dead or seriously wounded may have been burnt. No guard at the base saw the killer or killers drive out and drive back in.

Do you know any of the facts? They do have him on surveillance camera coming back on base. 2 Afgan soldiers at the gate, saw him leave, knew something was wrong, informing the higher ups of this odd situation. At that point, they did a head count, narrowed it down to this soldier, then the villagers started alerting the base of the attack.

All these element points to a number of conclusions; the US authorities are lying, the victims are telling the truth and there was more than one murderer.

Was this supposed to make sense? What I get from it is "I hate the US, and am willing to throw logic to the wayside to lay any and all blame on their soldiers."

A number of conclusions? You have 1 there, that is simply dishonest to the investigative process.

We get it, you hate the US. Your willing to be deceitful to convey your message.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Are you trying to tell me that it wasn't a lone soilder with marital issues, TBI, PTSD and part of his foot blown off?

I guess we'll see if it all comes out in the wash...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ScarletWitch

It was dark, and from the news conference they seem to be stuck on the assumption "it is impossible for one soldier to do this, their must have been more"

2ndrevolt.com...

Sayed Ishaq Gillani, told the BBC that witnesses report seeing helicopters dropping chaff during the attack, a measure used to hide targets from ground attack.

Now your just being silly.

No it appears that you have a flagrant disrapsect for the life of others. This is a crime seen and as another poster put it you are talking it personally. I guess you are just another of those brainwashed patriots... Stay that way they got you just were they want you...
edit on 17-3-2012 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DivineFem
Are you trying to tell me that it wasn't a lone soilder with marital issues, TBI, PTSD and part of his foot blown off?

I guess we'll see if it all comes out in the wash...

I am not tyring to tell you anything. I am just presenting the evidence and the conflicting facts..

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

There is no point in continuing the debate now that you are resorting to abusive ad hominem.

You know a serious crime was committed yet you quibble about what the victims claim as if you have a horse in the race. Are you related to the murderer or murderers?
edit on 17-3-2012 by MI5edtoDeath because: No ReAsOn GiVeN

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
tragic...

but doesnt it seem odd how dis-similar the stories are..they are like night and day....i was just one 1 guy,.. no no no, it was a dozen or more..with helicopters......seems weird to me

i cant believe either of them but there is probably much much more to this story

.....a soldier who has been injured a couple times, spent time in hospitals, just assuming some type of surgery was done ( i can already here the replies being typed) maybe something implanted or 'changed', then let him go back to combat, stress him out more, help push him over the edge, ( insert high tech mind control comments here) xtras dressed as american soldiers,.... i'll stop there..

why? i have no idea..maybe to make to current govt and the taliban work together to kick the 'infedels' out, uniting the afgan people in joyious rapture.....

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

The problem with leaving them alone..... Some of them decide they want to attack western countries

What on earth are you talking about....?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
So what youre saying is...one highly trained, insane, soldier, cant kill 16 unarmed civilians? Thats a laugh...but anyways. The one lone gunman case makes sense and sticks. I mean, how can these people see in the dead of night? Dont forget that this isnt new york city where every street is lit up. Also, theres so many different stories of it, which one do you trust? Obviously its pick and choose. But if the Afghanis want us out, we wont complain, its about time we left.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
They have just named the guy who has allegedly done this.

Link to thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hang em' high

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join