It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up to 20 US troops behind Kandahar bloodbath - Afghan probe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I made a whole thread about this the day after it happened, and I got no replies...

I had more info and sources.

Anyways whatever.

There are alot of the eyewitnesses that were saying it was more, and as I said in my thread, if they are truly treating it as murderss, then they would have to take eyewitness accounts in to it, but they aren't.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FFS4000
Why do they think that 1 highly trained and experienced soldier couldn't kill 16 in 2 villages in an hour, i would have said if it was 20 troops we would be looking at 2 completely dead villages every single person dead. Parliamentary investigations generally means a pen pusher and not even in the locale. I cant see 20 personnel being in cahoots and just shooting mainly women and children, they would have wiped both villages especially as the villages are in alleged talban support areas

You just need to wake up alot Bro !

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I understand all the anger and all from the Afghan people (I'd be pissed too)... but...

This is nothing compared to World War II. We have stock piles of nuclear weapons. If they want a real war, they can have a real war, but I am guaranteeing it's not going to cross the ocean.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
I made a whole thread about this the day after it happened, and I got no replies...

I had more info and sources.

Anyways whatever.

There are alot of the eyewitnesses that were saying it was more, and as I said in my thread, if they are truly treating it as murderss, then they would have to take eyewitness accounts in to it, but they aren't.

They will definitely take eyewitness accounts and it will be in his court martial. Trust me i worked with jag in Afghanistan and Iraq. He will come to trial and the full report of his actions will come out.In his situation they will probably seek the death penalty his minimum punishment will be life in leavenworth. Given those two choices hed probably prefer the death penalty.Leavenwoth is nothing like a federal prison they dont rehabilitate. As for witness testimony i grantee not only will they have the testimony but they have video as well which will be shown at his trial.The villages are under surveillance 24/7.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

Sucks how easy evil can destroy such great visions and ideas we try to create!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
i wonder when were going to stop saying, "this does not reflect the military." because, it kinda does.....over.....and over.......and over.....and over. get my point. eventually our 'were sorries" is gonna lose its meaning. i was a soldier and im torn. first. THEY ARE TRAINED TO DO THIS. think about it. you got soldiers killin women and children. they didnt wake up that way, the govt made them and if i wanted a job done right then i want soldiers willing to go all the way.(the govt mindset]. however. i would never personally allow such a thing. its horrible, senseless, and just plain wrong. i call for their punishment but cant help to think......if the govt trains you to be a cold blooded killer, and you are......than why punish them? they give us the power over death and think they all can handle it. i personally have never killed, nor have seen it. i consider myself fortunate. but somethings gotta give. during all these situations where we question whether or not our troops will be there for us, or the govt, this leaves me seriously wondering.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

An Afghan parliamentary investigation team has implicated up to 20 US troops in the massacre of 16 civilians in Kandahar early on Sunday morning. It contradicts NATO's account that insists one rogue soldier was behind the slaughter.

2ndrevolt.com...

This story is coming out a little different to the current offical story and if it is true I cannot see the Afgan government putting up with this kind of stuff much longer.

“We are convinced that one soldier cannot kill so many people in two villages within one hour at the same time, and the 16 civilians, most of them children and women, have been killed by the two groups,” investigator Hamizai Lali told Afghan News.

Whatever happened here is sad. The cold blooded death of women and children by trained professional soldiers should not happen. Iit was stated that if that International community did not act of the information that the US collation would be declared as an occupying force..

"If the international community does not play its role in punishing the perpetrators, the Wolesi Jirga [parliament] would declare foreign troops as occupying forces,”

Wow, so we were lied to again. They probably drugged these soldiers on purpose to get them to do that.
I am glad my son was discharged yesterday.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destiny Of Souls
Yeah, they think a man who was not only trained to kill, but had multiple tours in areas with live combat, couldn't kill 16 unarmed, sleepy civilians?
As despicable as it was, he could have easily done that.

This 'investigation' is from the same Afghan forces that have a 30% literacy rate.

The debate is not whether the American murderer is capable of killing 16 Afghans but rather the allegations of the survivors that more than one did the killing.

Afghan society is an armed with kalishnikovs all over the place and no American soldier is going to walk into a village by himself and start blasting away. People are generally very hard to kill especially if they are alerted to a few shots from the house next door.

I think the killer had help in corralling the victims and he would have also had look outs.

You do not need to e literate to go to victims to ask them what happened. Just because there is a high illiteracy rate in a country it. does not mean that an investigating Afghan officer is illiterate. You make a fallacious argument.

The victims say there was more than one American killer. Whose credibility is in question, the dead or the murderer?
edit on 17-3-2012 by MI5edtoDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by popsmayhem

I just can't believe that people are shocked that deaths occur in war.

Sure, if this guy acted out, he deserves to be punished. If twenty acted out, then THEY deserve to be punished.

But you don't cancel the mission because of it.

WTF is the mission?
Killing civilians?
Because thats all we have been really hearing about for the last few years.
Osama is gone. So whats the mission?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
So could this could possible be a black op or programmed soldiers stiring up trouble as per orders. I dont think you would get 20 rougue troops doing this....but I think u might get 20 troops TOLD to do this. This is the quickest way to create civil war or maintain it.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
It just goes to show, nation building is a waste of time.

We shouldn't expect our military to fight with one hand tied behind their back. If they attack us, go in, take out all military operations, and all military leaders, and then leave. Repeat as many times as necessary.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

One gunman kills 16 people. We demand he be brought to justice and likely killed for his actions.

One drone pilot hits the wrong target and kills 50 civilians. Meh.. better luck next time.

One Air Force pilot misses the mark and bomb a few dozen Canadian and American special forces. Oops.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I think the whole point of the thread is to demand the investigation be done in Afhganistan by the local authorities and not tried by foreign forces in a different country, the investigation could be bias.

How about I go to the US and kill 16 civilians mostly women and children, and then the agency that I work for says: We are going to hold a trial in a different country by our own investigators so justice can be better served. What would americans say then? What would the FBI say? It's funny how people can only understand the meat and potatoes of an issue until they are put in the same shoes as the victims lol.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
In all honestly, just leave Afghanistan. Nation building does not work, as is being shown.

If one soldier did it, or 20, they should suffer the consequences of their actions. But, after leaving Afghanistan and they chose to harbor terrorists - then bomb the hell out of them. Repeat as necessary.

I just feel bad for the women of Afghanistan who are starting to experience freedom from this oppressive country.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
This is like "Chinese Whisper" game..

People will believe anything these days, as long as it follows 2 rules.

1) The US was some how involved in a negative manner, and people in power are trying to hide it.
2) All information is believed as long as it flames the US, yet propaganda if it supports the US stance or story.

Look people, you have a bunch of tribal elders saying "It is impossible for 1 soldier to do it, so there must be more"

They did a head count at the base, they found only 1 soldier missing. This is how they knew who they were looking for. They didn't see more than 1 guy. They simply assume 1 man couldn't do it alone.

Some of you should take a deep look at your disgustingly obvious bias... It is becoming more than annoying!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by badconduct
I understand all the anger and all from the Afghan people (I'd be pissed too)... but...

This is nothing compared to World War II. We have stock piles of nuclear weapons. If they want a real war, they can have a real war, but I am guaranteeing it's not going to cross the ocean.

Thats a bit belittliing to those that died. Its like saying 911 was nothing compared to ww2... It is to the people that lost family

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

could you possibly post a link to your thread please ? ty.... happy day to thee x)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Whatever the U. S. claim to be the official story about ANYTHING. Believe the opposite of what they say cuz that's the truth. It never fails.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Originally posted by CourageousEyesoftheHeart

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse

You are a rude, callous, and uncaring individual.

So how about this, tonight while your sleeping, I'll kick down your door and kill your entire family before your eyes, and then kill you slowly.

If innocent people are killed, its wrong, no matter where they live.

See you later.

Sorry you see me that way.
But this is war. People die.
If these16 died at the hands of an American soldier, unjustly? Then he will be punished.
I can assure you of that.
But we don't alter foreign policy because of it.

You god damn well should. Who the f#$& are Americans to decide who lives and dies? Your foreign policy has been one of WAR and abuse for decades. And this is something you're proud of?

You get ass whipped with an inside job on 9/11(for Foreign policy no doubt, one that couldn't be sold with out murdering American citizens) and you just accept that it's okay to keep on murdering innocent people wherever they are based on lies for "Foreign Policy." It's a joke that you're proud of this.

US foreign policy is Shameful. Disgusting. Deplorable. Worthy of scorn wrath and vengeance. Protect your own ass, get what you can, lie, cheat, steal and do whatever it takes to come out on top. America F**ck Yeah! More like America F**ck off!

edit on 16-3-2012 by CourageousEyesoftheHeart because: (no reason given)

'Its the American Way'

By the way,i think this site is 97% white, and the mods are about 99.2% white,so your time will be limited if you go off like this,i think you need to erase just a couple of the f>bombs.

thats one reason i really am starting to stop visiting this site. the censorship and "rules" of speech disturb me and i just dont feel welcome to voice much opinion. not much freedom of expression around here it seems like. well tons if you "play by the rules" but thats the irony isnt it

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
In all honestly, just leave Afghanistan. Nation building does not work, as is being shown.

Nation building totally works. History is full of nation building.

It just doesn't work THIS way. Or you could start it out this way, but then it needs to be passed to a more bureaucratic / governance solution. Apparently all the Western nations would prefer to do interventions, then leave and let the mafias take care of the rest.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join