It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up to 20 US troops behind Kandahar bloodbath - Afghan probe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

An Afghan parliamentary investigation team has implicated up to 20 US troops in the massacre of 16 civilians in Kandahar early on Sunday morning. It contradicts NATO's account that insists one rogue soldier was behind the slaughter.

2ndrevolt.com...

This story is coming out a little different to the current offical story and if it is true I cannot see the Afgan government putting up with this kind of stuff much longer.

“We are convinced that one soldier cannot kill so many people in two villages within one hour at the same time, and the 16 civilians, most of them children and women, have been killed by the two groups,” investigator Hamizai Lali told Afghan News.

Whatever happened here is sad. The cold blooded death of women and children by trained professional soldiers should not happen. Iit was stated that if that International community did not act of the information that the US collation would be declared as an occupying force..

"If the international community does not play its role in punishing the perpetrators, the Wolesi Jirga [parliament] would declare foreign troops as occupying forces,”

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Yeah, I kinda didn't buy the whole drunk lone gunman theory myself.... Never made much sense to me.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Why do they think that 1 highly trained and experienced soldier couldn't kill 16 in 2 villages in an hour, i would have said if it was 20 troops we would be looking at 2 completely dead villages every single person dead. Parliamentary investigations generally means a pen pusher and not even in the locale. I cant see 20 personnel being in cahoots and just shooting mainly women and children, they would have wiped both villages especially as the villages are in alleged talban support areas

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
There should be enough witnesses, so how hard can it be to know what is true?
Those afghans need smart phones.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
If it was one drunk guy, over an hour period, what does that say about the competence of our MP's?

+24 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

I certainly think one guy could have done it. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Sad that it happened. We should just get out of that country and let them go back to being toothless mud but living religious morons.

a very arrogant ,narrow minded ,uneducated comment and an insult to the afghan people ,who we are supposed to be liberating .....not terrorizing and insulting their culture

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Plugin

That is what we are trying to do...install walmarts and Mcdonalds and Apple stores...

-Sent from my iPhone
edit on 103131p://3America/ChicagoFri, 16 Mar 2012 10:29:45 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I didnt see this, so posted another. Mods please delete my other thread
thanks.

I believe the soldiers were told to punish the afgans for an IED by at least a colonel and thats what they did.

This is a war crime of the highest magnitude and as such the commander in chief shouod now be in the war crimes court facing life in prison.

This is no better than KONY 2012 if that is even genuine. But his is a more plausible story than the fairy tale the pentagon is peddling.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

An Afghan parliamentary investigation team has implicated up to 20 US troops in the massacre of 16 civilians in Kandahar early on Sunday morning. It contradicts NATO's account that insists one rogue soldier was behind the slaughter.

2ndrevolt.com...

This story is coming out a little different to the current offical story and if it is true I cannot see the Afgan government putting up with this kind of stuff much longer.

Whilst it is always terrible when innocent non-combatants are slaughtered in this manner,if the boot were on the other foot,that's exactly what the islamic extremists would have done,they don't differentiate between "legitimate" and non legit military targets,therfore to take a cold dispassioned view,perhaps we should adopt their tactics? it's the only way we can ever hope to come close to defeating them.

Letsa fac e it there would be celebrations throughout the Islamic world if say London were the focus of a suitcase nuke attack,perhaps we ought to pre emptively hit say Mecca to show our intent?

“We are convinced that one soldier cannot kill so many people in two villages within one hour at the same time, and the 16 civilians, most of them children and women, have been killed by the two groups,” investigator Hamizai Lali told Afghan News.

Whatever happened here is sad. The cold blooded death of women and children by trained professional soldiers should not happen. Iit was stated that if that International community did not act of the information that the US collation would be declared as an occupying force..

"If the international community does not play its role in punishing the perpetrators, the Wolesi Jirga [parliament] would declare foreign troops as occupying forces,”

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Even if 20 soldiers were involved in the bloodbath, they would all be excused as being "stressed".
No point in these probes.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plugin
There should be enough witnesses, so how hard can it be to know what is true?
Those afghans need smart phones.

There were witnesses..

Sayed Ishaq Gillani, told the BBC that witnesses report seeing helicopters dropping chaff during the attack, a measure used to hide targets from ground attack.

2ndrevolt.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
Reply to post by purplemer

I certainly think one guy could have done it. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Sad that it happened. We should just get out of that country and let them go back to being toothless mud but living religious morons.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I think you should have a little more empathy under the circumstance. These are not fish in a barrel. They are people most of which were woman and children. Are these fish in a barrel..?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I feel so sad when I see kids getting killed/hurt by the western forces. Makes you wonder how the actual Afghans would feel, no wonder people keep joining the taliban. I mean, if your son or daughter got killed by an occupying force, you sure as hell wouldn't just sit back..

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Yeah, I kinda didn't buy the whole drunk lone gunman theory myself.... Never made much sense to me.

Don't forget "brain damaged" too. You know, from that car accident back in 2010
. I'll tell ya what, if the brain damage was that serious he would have been discharged years ago and given a lifetime disability check.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I think their math is a bit off.

20 troops = 16 killed?

the more plausible answer is the one rogue trooper

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Yeah, they think a man who was not only trained to kill, but had multiple tours in areas with live combat, couldn't kill 16 unarmed, sleepy civilians?
As despicable as it was, he could have easily done that.

This 'investigation' is from the same Afghan forces that have a 30% literacy rate.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
i think it could have been one guy look at the Norway shootings how many did he get in such a limited time and if some untrained loonie can kill more then 16 i have no doubt a trained combat veteran would be capable of doing this him self (not saying he was right or justified just that he had the capability to do it him self)only difference i can see is that at least some of the afghans MIGHT have had firearms with to shoot back with (apparently they did not but at least they had the option)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
OK fine.

ONE guy killed 16 people.
and he gets flown out and escapes trial and punishment.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Whether it was one or twenty or two hundred, it doesn't matter.
Somehow, this horrible act, has triggered an event where we are actually thinking about leaving Afghanistan early.

Yes. It was a terrible thing.

But to use it as a fulcrum for the entire operation in Afghanistan is insane.

This just shows how "uncommited" our spineless leaders are. Want to leave? Fine.

Just don't use this as an excuse. It makes us look weak.
*bah*
I'm disgusted by the whole thing!
*throws hands in disgust*

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join