It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe +50% of ATS members are "frustated suicidals"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Sorry to say this but when I see so many people ENTHUSIASTIC about possible major events that could lead to the end of the world I wonder if they are not happy with their lives but haven`t the guts to put an end to their own and wish it to everyone instead as this way they will not be alone

edit on 16-3-2012 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
50% is big assumption....Hmmmmm lets see, after being on this site for about 8 months, almost everyday... i would say we have more skeptics than believers... maybe about 40% believers, which breaks down into other categories.. like Aliens, Chemtrails, and the likes.... End of the world fans are probably like 5-7% of it.

As for their psychological drive... i would say they want something awesome to happen to this boring world, or like you said, not happy with their lives.. im pretty sure 80% of the entire earth population are not "happy" with their life.
edit on 3/16/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/16/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

2012 seems to be a trend thing. I'm even seeing it mentioned in (online) newspapers, NASA making youtube clips saying nothing will happen and references to the Mayans seem to be popping up everywhere.
I'm sure we'll all be sick to death (pun intended) by the end of the year.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
judging by this, your thread a couple months ago, I WAS QUITE HAPPY TIL I FOUND ATS, i'd venture to say you're more upset with yourself for believing all the doom and gloom than you are at people for posting doom and gloom threads.

cheer up mate! you're gonna die one day...no need in worrying about it after seeing a thread from a fanatic about elenin coming for you...nor any need for you to relax cuz a gold-content contributor comes in and "debunks" something based upon their rhetorical logic.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by AQ6666

2012 seems to be a trend thing. I'm even seeing it mentioned in (online) newspapers, NASA making youtube clips saying nothing will happen and references to the Mayans seem to be popping up everywhere.
I'm sure we'll all be sick to death (pun intended) by the end of the year.

I even saw a spoof on 2012 on an insurance ad recently. I don't remember which company but it was pretty funny.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Very true what you say. I only can`t understand all the ENTHUSIASM put in so many posts about events that could lead to the end of the world !

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Philosophical mumbo jumbo...what's new...ATS'er have predicted, hoped for, not hoped for, found reasons, etc...that the world is going to end...so what?

Maybe...OP...you should go to every gloom and doom thread...post a reply...and add a link to this thread...I'll be curious to see who is suicidal!

Chances are that most will not be...and your calculations and statistics DO NOT reflect most ATS'er...and in fact probably represent less that half of 1% of the people that visit this site!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I disagree.

I think they all believe that they will be the special ones that survive while driving around in their car playing music to explode aliens heads and going on to found a society where being someone with zero skills but plentiful delusions is valued above all else.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Interesting point of view. Maybe you`r right and the big % of what I call "frustated suicidals" do think the way you say. Should I call them "lunatic dreamers" then ?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

Frustrated? Wishing doom to prove all non-believers wrong? I guess, well i am for certain that many do wish some event to happen. I have wished at times, in "frustration", that aliens would probe some of my family whom chooses to laugh behind my back cause of my beliefs. Though, I have never wished it upon myself, so i am not suicidal. I get what you are saying, but i do not agree on your %.

I have adopted a quote to live by "One thing for certain about life is that no one gets out alive".

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: added

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

some folks do seem hellbent on destruction...you're correct. but it's not that they're suicidal...it's that they are seeking change so they are praying for outside intervention, of any sort. still fairly pathetic but see it for what it is: their hunger for change, not destruction.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Perhaps they just realise we've gotten out of control - time to thin the heard, reset and try to do it better
Im torn between the 2
No I don't want our species subjected to a catastrophe event
But at the same time we can't go on as we are
I'm not small minded enough to put our species in its current state above the the earth and all other life on it - both now and in the future
Either we change - or we die - the earth will slowly recover eventually and carry on - but we will be gone
Destroyed by ourselves

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

Evolve or die

Yep, I think that is the underlining to this entire 2012 doomsday theme we got going on. People feel like we can't keep living this way, so they are quick to flip the reset button.....I do not think we need it to come to that, it does not have to come to that, people can choose another way to solve the problems we face....hitting the reset button in my mind is giving up too quick, copping out and it is a convient way of avoiding doing the dirty work of cleaning up the mess we as humans have made. It should not have to take a worldwide catastrophe to get humanity in check.

new topics

top topics

join