It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hallo from holland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Hello everyone, I’m from Holland and I like this site for a couple of years now and thought it was time to sign up. My English is good in terms of understanding bud my writing is not so good so please keep that in mind when you read my threads. So I hope I can contribute and want to thank everyone for the joy I had on this site the last years. I like all kind of forms but especially the ufo & aliens form so see ya on the net.

Greetings

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by witte

Welkom bij ATS!
It might be an idea (totally optional) if you enter your country in your profile/avatar area. Not everyone reads intro threads and after time people will probably forget.

Your English looks fine to me, everyone makes spelling mistakes but a spellchecker (Firefox has one built in, as an example) might be worth thinking about if you are that worried about it. There are plenty of Dutchies here so you aren't alone.

Anyway, enjoy your stay and I look forward to seeing you around the forums.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Thanks.. This is all pretty new for me so all the info I can get is welcome..

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by witte

If you click Tools at the top, you will land in the place you can add optional personal info such as Location, Timezone, a few other things. You don't need to give out personal info (in fact I think that's not allowed or advised?) but you can add a few basics and place an avatar which will show up next to all your posts. I don't have one as the avatar I uploaded is too big, you can only see it when you visit my profile.

A Moderator should be along shortly with some rules and a whole bunch of helpful links on how the basics work and to get you on your way. It took me a week to realise I had an inbox but you seem to have discovered that already. If not, click Tools, then Messages, and then Replies. Every person that replies (using the reply button) will be in your inbox for easy reference. Hope it helps.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Welcome! I look forward to seeing you out there on the boards.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Thanks I’m looking forward as well

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Congratulations to our new friend from Holland! You've just joined the world's largest and civil alternative topics discussion community! We do understand that the shear size of the website can be overwhelming, so we've created a presentation tour with just you in mind.

Welcome witte

For now you can reply to any thread in any forum you wish. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally be able to send and receive messages to fellow ATS members. Private Messages can be sent to Staff only, (but after the 20 post minimum, you'll have full access).

Be sure to try out our Ask ATS with the "search words" of your choice. I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too. The ATS Search feature is your friend!

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)

Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice

Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

*** Please be at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward), and act like an 'civil' adult. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

*** Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your on. Before getting on a ride, you should be mentally fit, emotionally stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

*** Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might think or expect. At times, you may learn something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride, this is a natural and normal phenomena.

*** Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

*** Please have fun! Be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by witte

Hello from Montreal Witte and Welcome to ATS !!

Hope you'll enjoy participating !

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by witte

Welcome witte...

Loving the Netherlands right now - one of your own (Van Persie) has kept my Team in the hunt.

So, good on ya'!

Enjoy the site and keep an open mind.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hi and welcome from another newbie ... I often see people from Holland when they come skiing in our beautiful mountains. I visited the Netherlands several times, very nice to make bicycle rides, I love these "bicycle highways" there

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Welcome, glad to have you here.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Welcome Holland
and Giday from Australia too

We knew a lady years ago from Holland (when I was a little girl) and she was the sweetest most hugable bubble of a person and yes, she had her clogs still. My sister and I loved clomping around in them

Remember to have fun while you're here

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Hi im new as well. isent it odd that we have to make 20 posts before we can start a thread? Im sure theres a logical reason for it, however its still odd.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by witte

Hi there Holland. As an ATSmember mentioned before you are not alone....I mean, you are not the only dutchman on ATS. As a matter of fact there are plenty. Me too am from dutchland and my english isn't that splendid either. From what I read, you will manage..

Welcome to ATS..

top topics

join