It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds say Arapaho can Kill bald Eagles

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I want an eagle feather for my cowboy hat and a talon for biker vest

No feather for, YOU.

Talon, how are you going to display that on a vest? How about a rabbits foot?

edit on 093131p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Ya, I originally typed "key chain," but it just didn't sound as cool.
There are some chains on my vest, I could hang it from a chain.

I just don't think a rabbit's foot sends the same coolness message.
Maybe a rattlesnake rattle! That would be pretty cool!

Youtube is blocked on my work computer. See if this video is a good one or not. I love the song!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I just don't think a rabbit's foot sends the same coolness message

Nope, sure doesn't,

I see why you like the song.

edit on 103131p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I agree.

And, since they are no longer on the threatened species list, it should NOT be a crime to kill them. It should not require a lawsuit and a special permission, and it should not be restricted to religious ceremonies. I want an eagle feather for my cowboy hat and a talon for biker vest, and that vest and hat might be just as religious to me as someone else's crucifix or beenie cap.

So, either they are protected or they are not protected.

Consumerism driven by vanity or vanity driven by consumerism??

Either way it seems that it is this mantra that is slowly replacing religious beliefs and philosophies in the modern world. How very sad

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

You should listen to the video he posted.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

True.

And, although I really would like to have a feather, I don't think I would want to kill a Bald Eagle to get it. They are beautiful and majestic creatures, and I've seen them flying overhead a few times and I can't imagine killing one.

If I were a real man, I would scale the cliff, and pluck the feather from a live Eagle, and then I could say I earned it!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

True.

And, although I really would like to have a feather, I don't think I would want to kill a Bald Eagle to get it. They are beautiful and majestic creatures, and I've seen them flying overhead a few times and I can't imagine killing one.

If I were a real man, I would scale the cliff, and pluck the feather from a live Eagle, and then I could say I earned it!

Yes, Kinda like the picture I posted.
www.terryjamesart.com...
edit on 103131p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Love the song...

Listened to it 3 times already

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Exactly like the picture.
That is a true rite of passage, and for the feather to mean something important, it should come from some such experience. They shouldn't be sold as souvenirs or killed with high-powered hunting rifles and scopes.

In all honesty, even though I like to hunt, I think we would be doing nature and liberity a big favor if we got rid of the need for licensing, but also restricted all hunting to primitive weapons. Especially big game and/or trophy hunting! If you're willing to face down a Grizzly or a Moose with a bow and arrow and a Bowie Knife, then you deserve your trophy!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

LOL - now that would be a sight

This thread reminds me of the Johnny Cash classic...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Love the "Drunken Ira Hayes" song.

Sometimes my kids and I get on Youtube at home, and we start with "The Ballad of New Orleans" and my 5 year old plays his snare drum along with the song, and then we just surf those old war songs! Another favorite of ours is "Sink the Bismarck." There was some real patriotism back in those days, and it is nice to remember it through the songs, but it makes me a little homesick and sad to think of how aloof people have gotten, and how far downhill the country has slid since those days.

It's funny that this Eagle Feather discussion went in that direction, because my brother just posted here in another thread about our uncle that was on a ship to witness an Atomic Test, and he was also somehow involved in the battle of Iwo Jima, but he never talked much about it other than to say he was there.
edit on 16-3-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I checked out that link, this atomic testing has been on my mind lately, our generation after the testing, just isn't right.

I am sure it has affected us more than we know.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Killing in the name of religion....this makes me sick!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
In my opinion no governmental laws should in any way pander to or be altered to accommodate religious beliefs.

Originally posted by Versa
...a law is apparently being bypassed in order to facilitate someone's religious beliefs and that is clearly wrong.

Freedom of Religion. Emphasis on FREEDOM.
Our laws shouldn't even apply to these people because they are a sovereign nation. Or is that just when it suits us and our beliefs?

I think I will quote Terrence McKenna here as it seems relevant:

Western civilization, in a way, can be thought of as an accumulated series of misunderstandings.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Absolutely they can kill bald eagles.They are allowed to have their faith.And knee-jerk animal rights attitude aside.They always have had that right.That is what is on Some bonnets and why you and I would be very quickly thrown in jail for having one.
Am I sitting here telling you what is good or bad? No,but this is what is true.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Well really no exception is being made now that wasn't already in existence. Since the law was written that they had to obtain a permit to legally hunt them. The only reason this was in court was because the US Government, operating as they always have when dealing with the Native American tribes wouldn't honor the agreement and issue the permits. But of course you will always have the sycophantic morons that are too wrapped up in the imagery of American symbols to be bothered with the idea of American principles. Mind you these are the same people that want to be able to protect their culture and heritage freely.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Yeah why should they get an exception? Because we killed millions of them , stole there land , raped a couple hundred thousand of them and gave them smallpox? That's like saying Founding Fathers have the right to break British rule.

edit on 16-3-2012 by Reptius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
American Indians did own all of america.
it IS their land.
so why can they not hunt some of the animals?

if they wont to kill far to many.
then they should be told no!
and a small amount!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
A catholic is against killing an unborn child but the Government says oh hell yes you can

A native American wants to kill a bird and the Government says oh hell no problem.

That really is some reilgious freedom in this country.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Do you think this is a hypocritical decision of the current administration, in forbidding Christian organizations the freedom to Not provide reimbursement for birth control.

edit on 16-3-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

What's hypocritical is that this Government thinks it can not only control nature, but do so by restricting the actions of the people whose land this was in the first place. People who had more respect for nature by living with it than the Bureau of Land Mangement can learn in books. The only reason species like the bald eagle become endangered or extinct is because humans don't know how to treat nature and its inhabitants. Yet we want to try to control everything?

If there's one thing worse than being self-destructive it would be not knowing you are.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join