God Bless America Trailer.

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I did a search and only found 1 thread about this movie from a month and a half ago that barely got any attention, so I figured I would repost it.

Trailer

As screwed up as this movie may seem, for some reason it made my day

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
LMAO best trailer ever, someone should put up an idea on kickstart im sure people would give them money to go into a kitty if someone would go do this sort of thing to all them idiots on tv... though its probably a little on the illegal side
, looks amusing though
hahaha

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Konduit
I did a search and only found 1 thread about this movie from a month and a half ago that barely got any attention, so I figured I would repost it.

Trailer

As screwed up as this movie may seem, for some reason it made my day

I have been looking forward to this movie for the better part of 2 months. Me and a bunch of coworkers are trying to go see this on release date.

I know for a fact I will love it.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Wow, US reality TV at its best

Not so sure it is good to make light of such a horrible condition though.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Konduit

Thanks for the heads-up.

I haven't seen any of Goldthwait's movies (except for Shakes the Clown, which is the best clown movie ever made), but I've heard good things.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
this thread deserves more attention then it has gotten ... great find...

God Bless America film

Plot

After being diagnosed with a brain tumor, Frank (Joel Murray) is about to commit suicide while watching TV. However, as he watches a reality TV show in which a spoiled teenager named Chloe (Maddie Hasson) throws a tantrum over receiving the "wrong car" for a birthday present (a Lexus coupe rather than a Cadillac Escalade), he decides to instead go on a killing spree and rid the world of rude and annoying people, particularly reality TV stars. In Frank's mind, he only wants to kill people that deserve to die.

While stalking Chloe in preparation to kill her, Frank is spotted and questioned by a teenage girl named Roxy (Tara Lynne Barr). After being threatened into silence, Roxy witnesses Frank killing Chloe, and decides to join him after learning of his mission.

Frank and Roxy target such people as rude people in movie theaters, a group similar to the Westboro Baptist Church, a person who takes up two parking spaces, and ultimately those at a TV show similar to American Idol.

and...

IMBD

On a mission to rid society of its most repellent citizens, terminally ill Frank makes an unlikely accomplice in 16-year-old Roxy.

Director:
Bobcat Goldthwait
Writer:
Bobcat Goldthwait
Stars:
Joel Murray, Tara Lynne Barr and Mackenzie Brooke Smith

pure gold.... s and f'd

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This looks #ing amazing.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This is the best movie you'll see this year, I say that with confidence, as a given that you use this website and therefore most probably take an interest at any level in either mainstream media, politics, corruption or just cool serial killers. I've seen it twice now. not because it was complicated and I wanted to go back and see bits that had gone over my head - although there were a couple - but simply because I wanted to relive that moment.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Sorry to spam, decent interview here with director Bobcat Goldthwait (the screechy guy from Police Academy)

3 minute version:

30 minute version:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Konduit

frank's rant from the film.

www.ebaumsworld.com...

he says more in 5mins than most people say in a whole day.
it is kind of this generation's "network scene." the one where the anchor says he's mad as hell.

-subfab
edit on 16-5-2012 by subfab because: added comment to my post

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by subfab

i'm bumping this thread because the video i posted is pretty darn good.

it's a rant about society's ills. and how we all just kinda regurgetate the junk we see and hear on television.

the video is really worth five minutes of your time.

www.youtube.com...

-subfab

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Bumping because I recently watched this on Netflix Instant and it was awesome. It's really funny has a lot of great commentary on the state of our culture and society. Some people might not like it because it has kind of liberal viewpoint (well, one character is outspokenly liberal, the other just wants people to be nice), but oh well. I also got a little bored with the main characters just listing things they dislike.

Overall, it's a great movie and one people should definitely watch. If you have a movies on demand service of some kind, check it, it might be on there.

new topics
top topics

join