It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel ultimatum: Stop the missiles

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Israel ultimatum: Stop the missiles

debka.com

After five days of non-stop missile fire on a dozen towns and villages, Israel Thursday night, March 15, gave Egypt and Hamas two days to halt the shooting or else the Israeli Defense Forces would go into action against Gaza.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
It seems Isreal is threatening to come against Gaza with a foot invasion instead of using surgical air strikes.

I , for one, think this i a perfect time 'IF" they do not stop the missiles by Saturday. However , i suspect they will likely run out of ammunition by Saturday. If , in fact , they are stealing these missiles from the Hamas group , i do not see how they can sustain this fire.

Maybe we can finally have a decision and get this stupid yelling back and forth done. I am tired of it. Do something , or stop running your mouth.

debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 16-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
In a related Article "Palestinians maintain low-level attacks confident Israel will avoid a showdown" , the terrorist are confident Israel will not take action.

Six mortar rounds exploded on empty ground in the Eshkol farm district abutting on the Gaza Strip shortly before Tuesday March 13 noon, less than 12 hours after Cairo announced a ceasefire. debkafile’s military sources report that while gaining a respite from the halt in Israeli operations, the Palestinian organizations, including Hamas, are resolved to keep up a low level of fire on Israeli civilian locations so as to establish their prerogative to shoot at will regardless of any ceasefire deals.

debka.com...

I , for one , can not wait to see what happens. One side must give. Either Israel or Hamas. Perhaps we can finally get this talking over with and may the best man win.

I do not see this thread becoming very big , however , i do think this is rather important so i posted it. 24 Hours to go.

----

Just note that i believe Israel will do nothing , i hope they prove me wrong if the attacks continue past Saturday. Israel does a tad bit too much talking lately and less action.

---

When you're a small nation , and the most powerful nation in the world is getting cold feet and you cannot trust if they will support you in a war ... its time for you to stop relying on that Ally and rely on yourself. If you have doubt on your Ally , which Israel should expect America not to help them in any way , then you need to act in your best interest.

----

America's will to be a world power is dying and America will die with it. America will fall exactly how Rome fell. This i do not have a doubt. America will fall. Our people are to weak this day and age , Slothful and Gluttonous.

Rome wanted peace once ... they fell back to their borders and built great defences , and then they began to kill themselves from the inside and slowly being killed from the outside. Great nations are defeated by paiteince ladies and gentlemen. America has not learned from History , and it will fall like the rest. So is the cycle of Empires.

Maybe the next power will learn from our mistakes ... but i doubt it. The next mistake is the utter destruction of the human race. America's fall will bring down everyone with it.

This is why America needs to stand up and stay a world power. Isolationism would have worked ... in the 1700s , but its to late. We did not listen to ole' George. We now must live this life whether you like it or not , or die. Its that simple.

Any one who has "FAITH" in Human Kind is a fool.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
But they have been doing airstrikes on them for days.? Hey stop shooting at us ,"ok but you stop first' No you stop first ,'No you stop first.
Its fun to remember being a young kid in the schoolground,but eventually you have to grow up.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

They cant send Airstrikes every where. The best option for ending attacks in populated areas is simply to bomb the entire town to the stone age , however , you kill people when you do that. Lets not do that. Lets kill the enemy , the Infantry are the best options to identify and take his life. Not a Missile , in populated areas that is.

In open terrain , woodland , anything of that sort? Drop a big ole 2000 pounder in his neighborhood , you'll get him.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Israeli side killed more then 40 Palestinian
Palestinian side killed 0 Israeli

and Israel say to stop the missiles ??
there is something wrong with the picture

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

but where is hamas going to get a 2000 pounder and delivery system ..Not sure what side your taking here but the problem is someone needs to back down ,forgive and swallow their pride for the greater good .That is the ultimate sacrifice .Which side has the cajone's to do that.?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
From what I understand is that the Palestinians will never give up, It's wrong to think that they will even if 90% of their population would be dead. There is a promise that they will be saved one day and that's what they're waiting for, everyone knows that they don't have the material capacity to destroy Israel, but they do on the other hand have the spirit capacity to destroy it. Not only are 2billion muslims waiting for a chance to save the Palestinians, but it's a must of the muslim armies to free them from oppression. But first they have to explore every possible non-violent way to peace before using violence.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
-They are not going to stop the missiles;
-Israel moves in Gaza;

-2,000-3,000 palestinians will die (this is first reason why Israel ask them to STOP the missile attacks);
-Israel moves in Sinai (which belongs to Egypt- this is the second reason why Israel ask them to STOP the missile attacks);

In 1 week, the southern front will be quiet and pretty much cleared up for a serious and massive missile attack when Israel strikes Iran.

40 palestinians dead, 0 israelis dead.

Hezbollah will start heating up the nothern front.Due to UN mission in southern Liban (which i have no ideea why they are STILL there, because main reason was to DISARM Hezbollah - which they did not) will be quite hard for a swift israeli land invasion...however, outisde south Liban everything is "airstrikes free".
Not to mention that Israel will test for real the Iron Dome and Arrow against Hezbollah.

I don't believe that Hezbollah will do any move against Israel outside a total war of Israel against Iran and / or Syria.Syria might get hit by NATO, but Israel will be hit in return.

Hamas is insignificant.

If Hezbollah starts something before Gaza is rubble...this mean a greater Middle East war, which will include Israel, Gaza, Egypt, Lebanon, Syria and Iran.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Are you touched?

Seriously?

Just because Israel is apparently much more effective, doesn't make them the aggressor.

FACT #1 Israel is strictly striking the launch sites.
FACT#2 300+ rockets have been fired in the last 6 days.

I asked this in your other thread, yet you never answered. Your side likes to site how "powerful" these rockets are... right? Okay so, lets compare these rockets to something small and insignificant... Lets use a BB gun as an example. How long would you sit by while your neighbor shot bb's at your house and family?

I don't need or want you to qualify my question with questions of your own. Be a man... Answer a simple question.. How long would you put up with it? You go to the authorities, they say they cant do anything, so you tell your kids to take shelter.... How long are your kids going to be restricted because your neighbor wont stop?

Israel is not perfect by any means... Their nuclear program needs to be regulated... I am almost as nervous about Israeli nukes as I am about Iran getting a nuke. Israel needs to have ALL of their nuclear material accounted for..

BUT, they have a right to defend themselves against non stop rocket attacks.

Palestinians are lucky I am not running Israel. I would announce "If one, just one more rocket lands in Israel from Palestine, we are going to level a 100yard circle around the launch site." That's on my happy 3 weeks of the month...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ScarletWitch

What part you dont understand ?

Gaza and Lebanon war in 2006
destroyed 80% of infrastructure
Israel used a lot of banned weapons
*Phosphorous shells
*Depleted Uranium shells
*Cluster bombs

Killed 5000 in total (Lebanese and Palestinians)
and the Israeli side "suffered" 15 IDF killed (2 civilians included)
and 10 IDF were killed by friendly fire

Whose the brute here
Who is David and Goliath ?

David with his rock manage to defeat Goliath
i think the Palestinian try to acheive the same things
of course that is impossible and ridiculous
Goliath now is like 1 km tall and david is a ant

I dont understand why would Gaza launch that many missiles and wait for the IDF war planes retaliations
they know that 99% of the time the missiles do no damage to anyone and anything

These missiles advantage the Israelis very much
so why would the palestinians launch them up
We know Israel is good to make false accusations

You made me of something .. time to start a new thread on Netanyhau

thanks

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

So using your logic, the sides always must be equal in force/size for the larger/more powerful to be in the right?

You do see how simple minded that is right?

How can you overlook all the evidence of these rockets and place it on Israel? I know how. You hate Israel and it's Jewish inhabitants. You have fallen for the propaganda against Israel.

All someone would have to do is, read through your posts. Any news anti Israel is spot on! Any news pro Israel is propaganda! Do you see how hypocritical that is right? Of course you don't! You are blinded by your hate and mistrust for Israel.

You must see your bias right? You don't truly believe that Israel is going into Palestine, without being detected, launching 300+ rockets without the Palestinians finding them? You can't honestly believe that right?

It does seem very stupid, for a poorly armed group, to launch hundreds of rockets at an obviously superior military. I hate to break it to you, when it comes to fanatical religious nuts, sometimes stupid is just stupid.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I hate to break it to you, when it comes to fanatical religious nuts, sometimes stupid is just stupid.

Thats the typical method of discussing any conflict involving muslims.
Regardless of the situation, they are always presented as fanatics who act purely on religious motivations. So its assumed that the other party is always right because they are incapable of "fanaticism"

Fact is, one need not be religious to be fanatical. The zionist regime is ALSO fanatical from their own ideological perspective.... kind of like how the Nazis were fanatical from a racial perspective.

edit on 16-3-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Just shows how well trained the Israeli military is?

The radicals are fighting with the bare minimum here. However , they are so extreme it actually works , but at the cost of their lives.

Israel is Fanatical as well , but not as fanatical as terrorist.

Just because i see a terrorist across the field doesnt mean im gonna charge at him ... terrorist see us and they run at us. You kill them and they dont even seem human. You simply swat them like flies. They show no self preservation and when they do , they are usually usin an innocent civilian/s. So every where you look at it in a soldiers perspective , they arent human. They die so easy , show hardly any combat emotion (unless they are young) and if you corner them , i bet you a million bucks .. let them find a family and they will hold up in that house and shoot at you. They did this constantly.

You end up killing the family that is in the house simply shoving back pot shots. I mean the whole damn family huddles together. One round kills 2 or 3 people in there ... you hit them and finally 2 or 3 hours later the suspects are dead and the 5 or 6 people in the house have bled out.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I agree 100% .... Just because i was specifically speaking about the Palestinians does not mean that I don't think Israel is filled with them too.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

My thread to you like i told you

Netanyahu will have Israelis blood on his hands if he attack Iran .. (Mad logic of a Tyran EXPOSED)

Thank you for reminding me how mad he is

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
you can't say Israel is the aggressor. They are more powerful and they show as much restraint as they can.

Look at it this way. You are a sitting outside, enjoying a warm, sunny day, and a fly, or mosquito, buzzes by you. You wave your hand in the air, trying to brush it away. It continues, you try and wave it away again. Eventually, you will try and kill it since it won't simply leave you alone.

This is no different. Israel is asking them to stop firing missiles. they don't. Israel does an air raid, does some damage, an method, to the sane and rational mind, of saying "you are outgunned here, stop firing missiles." More missiles come. Eventually, Israel does what it must to make the shelling stop.

Remember, Israel also knows that the weapons and the aggression is not coming from hamas or hezbollah alone. There are other governments feeding them weapons, pointing them in the right direction and telling them what to do.

Iran, Syria et al, want to provoke Israel into action against their pawn, with the hopes of drawing the world's ire on Israel. Fortunately, most of the world sees what's going on, understands the game and knows what needs to be done. This is how Israel gets away with flying over other nations for precision strikes against Syria, Iraq and, eventually, Iran, in their efforts to take out potential threats.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Israel is giving them 2 days advanced warning to stop shelling their city, which has gone on for 5 days? I'd have already turned Gaza into glass by now.

Good on Israel for showing restraint. I hope, however, they follow up their words with actions when, not if, the deadline comes and goes and the rockets keep coming.

/TOA
edit on 16-3-2012 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

With great power comes great reponsabilities

if you are not mature enought to know that
you dont diserve any power

thanks to the US
its because of them that there is an arm race in the ME

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Israeli side killed more then 40 Palestinian
Palestinian side killed 0 Israeli

and Israel say to stop the missiles ??
there is something wrong with the picture

What do they expect is going to occur?

The groups launching the rockets into Israel is the equivalent of a guy that is 5'2 100 pounds walking up to a guy who is 6'4 200 solid muscle and throwing some punches.

The small guy will get a shot or 2 in before they completely tick the guy off, who will then tap a keg of whoop ass. When that happens I dont want to hear any whining coming from the side who opted to indiscriminately launch
missile into Israel.

As far as a civilian body count goes maybe Hamas / groups shouldn't purposely launch attacks against Israel from heavily populated areas?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join