It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do stars strobe green, red and white?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I would love to see the videos you were going to post, as I have also seen stars do what the OP described. It only happens to same stars and it always seems to happen around this time of year, must have something to do with the weather. I must admit I thought I was seeing something of an unusual nature when I first saw it.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
ENOUGH!

Any further off-topic comments will result in a posting ban of at least 3 days.

If you don't have anything productive to add to the thread, please move on to the next thread.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
What you are witnessing is a perfectly natural phenomina . You maybe haven't spotted it before and your natural reaction is to think there is more to it than meets the eye , when sadly , in truth , there isn't .

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by davidwaters84

Ok here you go.

And here's the best of them all.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

It doesn't have to be a star... ACTUALLY.

Some of you people are truly pointless to talk to. No one in here has helped at all... not one teeny little bit.

thanks for being such a waste of time.

I am trying to help you, but there is too much overcast.

It's going to rain soon.

I'm sorry dude. Facts of life.

There is no reason to get the attitude. Give them there star for posting and just ignore them. I do.
edit on 16-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

The stars that I saw did indeed strobe as well. It looked like a big strobe light in the sky. They also seemed to be out of place when compared to the other stars in the sky.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

LOL, has to be tonight USMC.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

I don't know what's going on here in this thread, but I was just trying to help. If my last post came off as belittling or talking down on anyone or to anyone that was not my intent at all. If someone tried to get away with calling me a dirty name, count your twinkling stars that others responded accordingly prior to my rebuttal.

Having said all that I was merely pointing out the simplest possibility I thought worth considering. By no means did I state I knew for sure what it was you were looking at. I did step outside but I live a couple hours South of Chicago, a lot further northwest from where you are. Also there is cloud cover, so my visibility of the region of sky you said it was in is covered by clouds, and I suspect Earth aslo might be hindering my ability to go see what it is you are talking about.

Pleasantries and all that,
ILikeStars

edit on 16-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: add word south

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
It's Jupiter or Venus. Happens everyday. I see it too. I take pictures of it and it turns out like it's eyes. I keep trying to get like a clear picture of it, but I just can't.

The same can be seen later, Saturn and Spica also look like eyes

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I live on the East, so I should see it. But right now, it's just all overcast. I wish I could help. It's starting to clear up a little bit, I will go look again. Okay.
edit on 16-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Thanks for the videos. The stars I see sometimes look a lot like the ones in the first video. I also enjoyed that song as well.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
There is one little star out there. But, it is too faint to bring it up on video. The star is not blinking x-mas colors.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Ahhh, what an entertaining thread lol.

You know what is Green, Red, and White?

The Flag of Iran!
en.wikipedia.org...

Oh and btw, the flag of Iran does have astronomical ties. Especially to that of the Sun, a lion to represent Leo... maybe correlation to the sphinx and it's role with the pyramids in representing the procession, and it's defining of the role of Iran. Probably not though LOL.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Bro ! its probably a flying saucer, ufo, uap, vimana blabla whatever you understand, its really simple, trust your instinct !

They are everywhere !, everywhere lol ! just watch,

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I think it's the first Interplanetary Traffic Lights ever to be discovered by man!
They, whoever erected them, didn't get the interplanetary memo saying Red, Green and Amber lights so they went for Red, Green and White!
If not why not?

Here's hoping that Toll Gates aren't next!
edit on 16/3/12 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

This makes me so, so sad. Really, truly sad.....because it is now out there, on the Internet, and will remain there, for a very, very long time I presume:

Planets don't twinkle - stars do.

....because it could not be more wrong!!!

(Still...it will get 'picked up'. and repeated...for generations to come.....what a friggin' shame!!)

(crying)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

OK! Hey...are people actually going outside to look with their eyes at this?!

I just found this thread, read through some comments, then went outside to look at the South Eastern Sky. There IS in fact a "something" that is faint but twinkling exactly like an XMas light.

What is that? When I saw it, I also saw a really bright shooting star pass by.

Really...what is that? I'm in Tucson and I can see EXACTLY what the OP is talking about.

Star and Flag.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by chanel
reply to post by ProudBird

OK! Hey...are people actually going outside to look with their eyes at this?!

I just found this thread, read through some comments, then went outside to look at the South Eastern Sky. There IS in fact a "something" that is faint but twinkling exactly like an XMas light.

What is that? When I saw it, I also saw a really bright shooting star pass by.

Really...what is that? I'm in Tucson and I can see EXACTLY what the OP is talking about.

Star and Flag.

UHHH! NEVERMIND! I just went through and read ALL of the comments....due to the plain out rude nature of the OP to everyone that has commented on the thread...i take back my flag!

If that's a star then that's a star, OP. You should have left it at that when you were told about it.

It's a pretty star...at least. The OP really needs to learn some manners if he's going to participate in posting...that was all really unnecessary and a waste of my time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join