It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do stars strobe green, red and white?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Because one is doing it in the southeast sky.

I'm in the south east US and I'm looking south east... sorta... I think.

No compass you know, no way I can get a picture or video of this.

Somebody just look and explain to me if this is a star and why it is doing that.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
It's Jupiter or Venus. Happens everyday. I see it too. I take pictures of it and it turns out like it's eyes. I keep trying to get like a clear picture of it, but I just can't.
edit on 16-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
It's strobing like a Christmas light... Somebody look!

NOW.

link   

Originally posted by Manhater
It's Jupiter or Venus. Happens everyday. I see it too. I take pictures of it and it turns out like it's eyes.

are you looking at it right now?

link   

It's Jupiter or Venus. Happens everyday. I see it too. I take pictures of it and it turns out like it's eyes.

Planets don't twinkle - stars do. And yes they do it all the time

I once thought I was witnessing something truly incredible in a telescope when I saw a star low in the sky shooting off blue, red and white colors. Turns out that's what they're doing when they're "twinkling."
edit on 16-3-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
It's not Jupiter... it's smaller than Jupiter. I see Jupiter every day now. It's just big and white white a blue tinge over it. Why would it look like this now?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
When stars and planets are lower on the horizon they tend to twinkle more and often seem to strobe different colors. Sirius is known for looking like a siren when it is lower. We have atmospheric disturbance to thank for this cool effect. As well as the angles being greater when it is lower on the horizon so you are not looking straight through if your understanding me.

The one your describing sounds like Sirius.
edit on 16/3/12 by usmc0311 because: added content.

link   
Okay, it's overcast here and drizzling, I went out and didn't see any x-mas lights twinkling.
I liked that. I even brought the camera.

link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Do not answer if you are not looking. I have never seen a star twinkle that way. It's strobing green, red and white plain as day.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
When stars and planets are lower on the horizon they tend to twinkle more and often seem to strobe different colors. Sirius is known for looking like a siren when it is lower. We have atmospheric disturbance to thank for this cool effect. As well as the angles being greater when it is lower on the horizon so you are not looking straight through if your understanding me.

The one your describing sounds like Sirius.

yes, I understand that but i have never seen a star do this in my 37 years of looking at the sky. If stars do this i want someone to video it because i am looking at this through binoculars and it looks crazy to me.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It's really not that close to the horizon. I have never see a star do that.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

I have the twinkling on camera. movie mode. It's normal. It's not a UFO. I thought so too.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Months ago, I also thought I found something spectacular in the sky...kept my mom and I outside for hours! Alas, I am here to tell you its a star...and yes I clearly saw red, blue and white...sparkling away!

Our skies are beautiful! Don't worry....one day you will look up and see what I think you are hoping you're looking at now...patience amigo!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
sometimes it's just a rotating geo-stationairy satelite. Most solarpanels refelect a lot of colors. When I was living in Nigeria, I could see one particular chinese cilindrical spinning satelite very clear, scattering all sorts of colors.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

Originally posted by Hawking

Do not answer if you are not looking. I have never seen a star twinkle that way. It's strobing green, red and white plain as day.

You should include this in your OP so we all would know not to respond or provide you any information. Great thread!
edit on 16-3-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Here's a good explanation for you. Hope this helps.

www.physorg.com...

It’s not just Sirius that twinkles; all stars twinkle. Light travels many light years from stars and right at the end of its journey, it hits Earth’s atmosphere, which consists of nitrogen, oxygen and other gasses.

Earth’s atmosphere is constantly swirling around, and wind and air currents etc distort light travelling through it. This causes the light to slightly bend or shimmer and the light from distant stars twinkle. An extreme, more down-to-Earth example of this would be heat rising off of a road or a desert causing objects behind it to distort, shimmer and change colour.

Sirius can be seen to twinkle many different colors low in the winter evening sky.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Can we see the video manhater?

Also, I noticed it appears to not be moving with the stars near it. If it stays there i will be able to tell for sure in a minute but it looks like it's not moving with it.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Okay, hold on and let me go find it. Is it the one that's by itself or the one that looks like there are two eyes in the sky?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
No, i want a video of what is happening with the star that's in the sky right now. i want to get a video of that, be it a star or not... that is crazy!.... I have never seen a star do that.

I can't tell if it's moving, maybe it is but I can clearly see multiple colors. It's is just so weird... none of the other stars are doing that and it really isn't that close to the horizon.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Scintillation...so yes, they do strobe different colours

"Scintillation or twinkling are generic terms for rapid variations in apparent brightness or color of a distant luminous object viewed through the atmosphere."

edit on 16-3-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join