It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official... Google IS the Dark Side:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Why is it that only ordinary citizens' information is gathered and released?
Wouldn't it be nice if we could form a panel where we could review the information of our public officials and corporations who use OUR information?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
And there is this dark side compliment too The NSA Is Building the Country’s Biggest Spy Center A good read

Under construction by contractors with top-secret clearances, the blandly named Utah Data Center is being built for the National Security Agency. A project of immense secrecy, it is the final piece in a complex puzzle assembled over the past decade. Its purpose: to intercept, decipher, analyze, and store vast swaths of the world’s communications as they zap down from satellites and zip through the underground and undersea cables of international, foreign, and domestic networks. The heavily fortified $2 billion center should be up and running in September 2013. Flowing through its servers and routers and stored in near-bottomless databases will be all forms of communication, including the complete contents of private emails, cell phone calls, and Google searches, as well as all sorts of personal data trails—parking receipts, travel itineraries, bookstore purchases, and other digital “pocket litter.” It is, in some measure, the realization of the “total information awareness” program created during the first term of the Bush administration—an effort that was killed by Congress in 2003 after it caused an outcry over its potential for invading Americans’ privacy.

spec

ETA: Thread
edit on 16-3-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeywoodFloyd
reply to post by pianopraze

Yes.
Google actually IS an asset of the NSA.
(for those who still don't know: NSA = National Security Agency)

Since there are many NSA operatives spying here on ATS, this is for you:
Can you deny this?

If you don't, I keep it as a confirmation.

Haha, maybe some NSA operatives will see just how much things are a sham if they read around here a bit. We are after all just after being decent people like most of them are. It's the agencies and governments that program people, the more we talk with eachother the more sense it should all make.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Google and a whole lot of other companies keep their servers in "the dark" i.e. no light for cooling purposes.

What I would really like to know, is, who was the self appointed Internet guru who can tell the rest of us that it is "OFFICIAL". What gives him/her the authority to tell us what is/isn't official/real?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
There is something about Google that is a little to much like the Umbrella Corporation to me or Skynet. I mean there is something inherently sinister about Google. Like the OP said they have entirely to much information on me and everyone else in the world. I seriously began worrying when suddenly you could google a phone number and not just find out who owned the line, but got there address, name, and even directions to their home. Not to mention the age, sex, and names of everyone in your house.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Then you have a poor understanding of both the internet principles and privacy.

Privacy is a natural right, and something that needs to be respected. If you don't agree with that, it just shows how brainwashed you've been. It is NOT about who sees what you've bought. It's about control. If you know everything about everybody, you control the population. You like being controlled? You like to know the government knows your every move? Who gives the right to the government and corporations to shatter privacy? Who gives the right to Google to invade my computer when I forbid them too? Who gives the right to Facebook to make money out of their clients?

I don't give a damn about if they say what I bought, but I care that they're in my computer. It's as simple as that.

And as for the internet, it is not ridiculous to think the internet should stay anonymous. What is ridiculous is your understanding of the principles of internet. By the way, it is very easy to be perfectly anonymous on the web, but you don't know how it seems. There's a little browser called TOR which makes you 100% anonymous. Governments and corporations hate this browser, they've been trying to shut it down via legal means, but they can't, because the internet as always been about freedom of speech and anonymity.

It saddens me to see people don't care anymore about important issues. Not everyone here wants a 1984 world, is that what YOU want? Because your posts seem to show that. Cameras on every streets? Common nazi-fan!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
so my response to google and its database is to use mozilla and block google web sites: google, google syndecation google analytics. googleleadservices googleapplications etc etc. if i hit a web site that does not work because of the blocking, i temporarily allow it.
a google search works though blocked. so google is getting a feedback cookie from every script call to a gooservice though it is blocked, so not much privacy there.

i think it is just a minor inconvenience for them.

I think everyone needs to make up a google search run by jscript everyday and download it... like the things we see on ATS, obama birth cert ufo false flag marines disarmed panetta google nsa utah underground etc etc

then shove that up their nose every day from all users, maybe put it in the meta data...of every email and web page. be some flotsam hiding in a flood.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by darkstar57

What irritates me the most about Google is the new preview browser thing and their cache. I mean I'm sorry but I do not think that my data should be permanently cached. I signed up for a site using some real data and Google apparently cached the page with their crawler. Well I deleted my account on the site, but low and behold because Google Cached it I am stuck with that page being on google for 6 mos to a year or so i was told by the people I contacted because even though Google is quick to cache a new page created on certain sites they surely aren't big on updating such as deleting said account or deleting data on said account.

Either someone at one of the two sites Google or the other is lying or it is just some straight up BS. The point is that I have personal data floating around that I thought would be confidential and google presumes the right to throw all of it out there. I deactivated my facebook page almost a yr ago and still to this day there are results under my real name associated with Facebook. It's ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

That's not a picture of a Google Data Center.

It looks like it might be an IBM one.

Google puts all their Server PC's into individual slots inside a modified shipping container inside a warehouse like space.

They are proud of their system which can handle such a large "filesystem" and can database and prioritize so many entries almost instantly. Due to designed-in redundancy, the failure of any particular component doesn't affect the downtime of the entire system.

They have made no attempts to hide the nuts and bolts of their system, just of commercial ones relating to the GoogleRank system. This is to prevent it from being back engineered and abused.

edit on 16/3/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

The photo is from the article.
If you have insider info, you should contact Gizmoto and let them know that their photo is wrong.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I don't suppose you'd mind when they put cameras on every street corner, you've nothing to hide right?

This actually happened in Nottingham a good few years ago. Most of them seem to have vanished, apparently they cost more to run than the effectiveness of catching criminals. Very few arrests as a result, however they were a good deterrant. Crime rates have dropped significantly over the last few years in Nottingham.

I was a little worried about the cameras everywhere but I see Google as a much bigger threat. I am gently warning family and friends, not in a freaky way.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I keep saying to Good Search - a penny for every search for the charity of your choice and there are thousands.

Also, % donations for shopping on-line and dining out.

Goodsearch not Google

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
mmm interesting thread but stop right there the second you switch on to the web you are out there in the WWW . its stronger than spider silk so THEY ! know all about you . who gives a flying ----- . as long as they dont send a smart bomb down my chimney they can play all the games they want

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by alexs
mmm interesting thread but stop right there the second you switch on to the web you are out there in the WWW . its stronger than spider silk so THEY ! know all about you . who gives a flying ----- . as long as they dont send a smart bomb down my chimney they can play all the games they want

See the problem I see is not so much "they" knowing everything about me. The problem I have is I understand that my IP address lists me to my ISP and the government I am sure. I mean if you don't think it does then your just being ignorant.

That being said, is it ok that everyone knows everything about you because that is what Google does. For example if you use the same user-name frequently and someone googled your user name on here they will know a lot of stuff about you. I mean just google your own name. Facebook pages, Reunion, MySpace, MyLife, My last #, etc etc. IT's all there whether you signed up for it or not most of the time. Still there is nothing there really. However when google does cache sites that contain personal information or lists your name address phone number number of children how old they are etc. That is a lot different then "they" knowing all about you. That is everyone knowing all about you.
edit on 3/16/2012 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

Originally posted by chasingbrahman
Pianopraze, I always love your posts, this one included. Hopefully the mix of my response, and how it was analyzed above, hasn't portrayed me as anyone less than a fan. And just in case I wasn't clear, Google stinks.

Thank you.

I hate that ATS/google connection... but ATS is a company looking to make a profit, we don't pay to use ATS because ATS generates it's money through google and other advertisers. So I won't bad mouth ATS, we choose to operate here knowing this.

How cute! Thing is... So.. is Google! Google is a company looking to make a profit, people dont pay to use Google also.

See how logic quickly fails?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

How much does google or related agencies pay now adays to troll forums?

Maybe I should quit trying to be logical and spreading truth and just get paid to troll ats.

I'm sure google is spending this money, I know the us govt is, I've seen lots of threads proving it recently and they even admitted the govt does it on ats live... Was that last week?

Anywho the threads are becoming so eat up with trolls I might as well get paid to do it to since I spend too much time here already....

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

"Spreading the truth"...? And another conspiracy: Now if I don't agree with something I'm suddenly labeled as "payed by"? I kinda wish to tell you the truth, but no... nobody pays me to come here since 2005, specially not to read this kind of lunacy - I do that on my own - I have this morbid attraction for out-of-this-world threads and unsubstantiated "proof" about things that only exist in the subject's mind. It fascinates me how completely out of touch can a human being be just to fill in the void of their uninteresting lives so they have to come up with these crazy theories about everything and everyone to compensate. And the most interesting fact is that they actually believe what they say, and actually believe they are what they think they are. I find the human mind the ultimate cruel joke. But moving along...

What truth? Your twisted and paranoid version of truth? Bet it includes aliens and demons, and the opening of the seals of the apocalypse...

Slow down... catch your breath. Nothing and no one is after you... unless you're a child molester or something and really NEED your privacy for that kind of stuff of course.

No need to live in fear. Sometimes I log into ATS and it seems like I'm in the middle of the dark ages... can you yell "The sky is falling! The sky is falling" also?

You're kinda full of yourself... spreading the truth...? What or who named you an herald of truth? How did you get to this "truth"? Was it handed to you? Is it a mission? A divine purpose? Maybe god talks to you like Joan of Arc... (later we knew she was nuts btw)... how did you "illuminate" yourself? Was it self-inflicted / self-appointed nomination (like Napoleon... we know how that guy ended also).

So many questions... so little time. I would love to stay here and chat... but you know, I got a world outside of this collective paranoia and crazy hive-mind-like mentality always seeing things where there are none.

Your so called "truth" is nothing but smoke and mirrors mate, smoke and mirrors... so relax, stop trying to be special, the very special and unique snowflake that will bring the truth to all these weak and gullible minds and bring light and justice to this wretched and messed up world... and start living a bit... as soon as you're free from that obsession, you'll see how great the world and life really is.
edit on 17-3-2012 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

If you dont have anything to hide, why would you care?

It's called privacy.

If you don't have anything to hide then why don't you use your real name on ATS?
Or your real photo?

Yea, exactly.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Slow down... catch your breath. Nothing and no one is after you... unless you're a child molester or something and really NEED your privacy for that kind of stuff of course.

First off what is that? You are now resorting to defamation of character to prove that you are right? As far as I am aware that is not just poor form but you can actually be sued as well.. Oh wait guess we would have to know your actual name for that, but oops seems your identity is hidden just like everyone else.

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

So many questions... so little time. I would love to stay here and chat... but you know, I got a world outside of this collective paranoia and crazy hive-mind-like mentality always seeing things where there are none.

I found this to be absolutely hilarious, and I mean that whole heartedly. You are sitting on ATS a conspiracy website and you are complaining about collective paranoia and hive-mind like metality. Its a Conspiracy website therefore the people talk about conspiracies ie.collective paranoia and they are agreeing with others who have common concerns ie hive-mind mentality. So if you have issues with that might I suggest you go to that world outside of ATS as it doesn't seem the site is fit for you after all.
edit on 3/17/2012 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Good one, buddy.

One who really knows the score knows he has nothing to hide, and no way to hide it if he did, AND no reason to hide it if he had a way, because in actuality...

Someone a whole lot more important than the government is really in charge.

I never delete my history either (sometimes it saves me the effort of re-looking up some arcane stuff i stumbled across).

When the world becomes such that the gubmint can/wants to take me out, I welcome the favor. Till then...

GAME ON!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join