It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Little Children Who Brought Home Rainbow Colored Acorns From Fairy Land

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
it sounds like you entered some dream world realm from old medieval folklore.

if such a thing ever existed.. there seems to be a pretty big influence left by them to this day.

tinkerbell ring a bell? just the modern adaption of something prior. for what reason were fairys introduced into human history? maybe you stumbled on it? or had a purely innocent enough mind to wander there
Yeah its like the elves and faries came out of the surrounding hills,rocks and trees and painted those acorns...

Or brought them from a place where rainbow colored is what acorns regularly look like,out from within an alternate dimension where elves and faries exist and then they spread them around us...

Or they magically transformed them and made them fall from out of the tall oak trees above us...

Its almost like we were psychically linked to them and our rainbow colored acorns turning into regular green and brown ones is very similar to the poeple who claimed to have been given gold coins or gold jewelry by elves, faries,or leprechauns in fairy land and when those people returned home,the gold changed into worthless material like rusted iron,or even stone...

Once people enter fairy land,they have entered another reality,an alternate dimension where things are not the same and when they leave fairy land,things return to what they once were and people have actually encountered little enchanted beings like elves,gnomes and faries,leprechauns,pixies and sprites for a very long time and have been taken by them to unearthly realms and even now those things are claimed by people to have actually happened to them...
edit on 16-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by nineix

sugar cubes last upwards of 10 hours smart a%$

really? really really...

how many liberty blanks did he eat?? cus I missed that part of the story
edit on 3/16/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

Why are you so hostile?

I'm just looking for a plausible, realistic, and logical explanation, illustrating possibilities.
I was not scoffing at the OP. i was not making fun of the OP story. I was not ridiculing, or being negative in any way.

You say something about 10 hours of effect? Well, there was an undisclosed amount of time wandering in the forest, which could have been a few hours, which could have been after the poisoning where effects were still in the early stages of onset. Then, there were at least 3 hours of magical fairy land 'dreams' which could very well be the peak activity time of the poisoning, or dosing.
Afterwards, there's an undisclosed amount of time where the acorns are discovered, and gathered up, an then the journey back home.

The entire story, from start to finish could very well have spanned 12 hours, in which case, the reasonable explanations I've outlined could very well be quite plausible.

Additionally, due the high metabolic functioning of children, such numbers like 10 hours effect given by you, are likely numbers associated with adult interactions with such chemicals, where duration of effect with children could very well last longer, or much shorter. Thus, your statement regarding duration of effect really has no credibility unless you've personal experience with children under the influence of such chemicals, or can site credible sources which can verify your statements.

Otherwise, you're just tossing random numbers out there and asking us to trust you on your expert opinion.
Right.

Thus, I stand by my statements that this story could very well illustrate an experience brought on by intentional or accidental poisoning by either the substance used recreationally on sugar cubes, natural mushroom poisoning, or even frog venom poisoning; all known to have similar effects that invoke synesthesia as well as dream like states or hallucinations which can plausibly explain the trip to a magical fairy land.

Please polish your argument against these quite reasonable explanations, and do, also, try to remain civil as I've done.

I'm not scoffing, attacking, ridiculing, or discounting the OP's story or experience. I'm offering a real world plausible explanation.

Please offer a better, more reasonable explanation in counter as opposed to rhetoric, sarcasm, or other emotion driven sophomoric, adolescent responses that do nothing to further intelligent debate on the topic.

To the OP, I ask again: Do you remember anyone giving you sugar cubes, eating sugar cubes, having a liquid eyedropper drops on your tongue, eating tiny mushrooms, or handling frogs, maybe even kissing the frogs in imitation of fairy tale stories, or eating something after handling the frogs without washing your hands?

This is serious inquiry in hopes of finding a plausible explanation for your experience.
As said above, I'm not ridiculing you or discounting your experience. I'm simply attempting to find a likely reasonable, and quite plausible vehicle which could have precipitated the event.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by shushu
Like these...

or these???

edit on 16-3-2012 by shushu because: (no reason given)
Are those acorns machine painted or hand painted? Either way,those are the closest to the hundreds of real rainbow colored acorns that we found around us far away out in the woods,dozens of which we held in our hands and filled our pockets with,only the ones we discovered had colors like tie-dye swirled into random shapes and patterns all over the acorn,not just circularly spun around them.Whoever painted the acorns in those links sure put some effort into them,or are they larger hand made acorns?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

I didn't claim any... experience...

But I am sorry for being Rude to you. I was getting annoyed at someone else.
Sorry for that.

Hug?

also how can young kids be outside for 12 hours without their guardians wondering about them?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

No worries then.

In my own childhood, during summer break from school, I was often out running around the neighborhood unsupervised with the other kids, or in the nearby woods that kids everywhere seem to find somehow, from the moment I got up and ran out the door in the morning until coming back come in the evening for dinner around 8pm.

That's 12-14 hours right there.

Such may not be so these days in the age of the helicopter parent always hovering around, helmets, and the pervasive overprotective fear for the safety of children that's grown over the last few decades.

thirty something years ago as the OP claims, I bet you child rearing standards were quite the degree more liberal as far as supervision goes.

No cell phones, pagers, video games, or any of that stuff was around then, and children tended to gravitate outside to run, explore, poke at things with sticks, find bugs, frogs, snakes, stray cats, baby birds, and/or any other kind of animal that was reasonable game for adoption as a pet, or something to investigate.

It's quite very possible the OP was gone for at least 10 hours from home.
OP has yet to divulge and answer these questions though, so, all we have is speculation.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by shushu
Like these...

or these???

Are those acorns machine painted or hand painted? Either way,those are the closest to the hundreds of real rainbow colored acorns that we found around us far away out in the woods,dozens of which we held in our hands and filled our pockets with,only the ones we discovered had colors like tie-dye swirled into random shapes and patterns all over the acorn,not just circularly spun around them.Whoever painted the acorns in those links sure put some effort into them,or are they larger hand made acorns?

I'm guessing that they've been dipped into something crystaline then baked in an oven where the colors form into patterns. I'll go look and see if it explains the process. BRB.

Okay... they're made out of polymer clay and then baked. No crystals here.

Polymer Clay Acorns... Aren't they cool???

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
even though they changed back into normal acorns did you still keep them?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by shushu

Those are really cool pictures shushu. Makes me kind of wonder where that idea started...
I wonder if there are more stories like this? Mine(my story) some one posted half of it sort of. Remember I said I wasn't supposed to know, and I couldn't bring back the proof?

maybe it's archetypes we are playing out from deep within the unconscious mind?
maybe it's dimensional holes we went through?
maybe it's tricksters coming through and having some of their brand of fun?

who knows but this whole thread is giving me that strange back of the mind under a rock fairy magical underground dwarf like feeling. It's a creepy ancient yet magically earthy feeling. But I only ever had it up till age 6, until now.

I feel Straaange...
thank you.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I can remember my mother singing rock-a-bye-baby to me while i layed in my crib looking up at her and i even described the room we were in to my mother and she said thats what the room looked like and thats the song she use to sing me to sleep with,when i was 6 months old...

I had one in a stroller at Disneyland seeing the rockets and penny arcade.
I was only 18 months and can remember colors, no sound, not long time either.
Just being pushed in a stroller and seeing those things.

I'm not the only one! (now I'm not crazy) confirmed.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Some scoffers think that all that is in the world is what they see with their own eyes, everday. If it cannot be measured, weighed, put into a box to be sold, or told to them by their teachers or college professors, it must not be real. What these people are doing to prepare for the afterlife, I have no clue, and I don't think they know either. There's a lot of weird and apparently illogical stuff in the world. To see it, you have to have the eyes of a child. Those who suppose themselves to be 'all grown up' miss out on a lot.

1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”

2 Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, 3 and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me. Matthew 18:1-5 NKJV

I've heard of 'little people' (not seen any). Pixies or Iberians. I guess that is where the term 'pixie dust' comes from. The book: Gulliver's Travels rings a bell. I've heard that there's a lot of sightings in northern NY state, by the Catskills and by Canada. One account... not sure of the location: ATS post.

They found 1"-2" knives and little human bones before. They also found coin-looking things that had incredible, microscopic detailing cut out on them. There is more info in a book called:
"Little People", by Ron Quinn (link to excerpt here).
edit on 16/3/2012 by MarkJS because: clarification

edit on 16/3/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I sure feel very sorry for anyone who will come in to this thread to put you down. I am amazed at how many children come to me now and tell me amazing stories like this one. I do know children might embellish stories, especially if they do not quite understand something they might have seen that we as adults do. But this does not mean every childhood story is a fairy tale. I have actually noticed that children are better at telling the pure truth than adults.

That being said, I was a lucky child in that my mother would always listen with an open ear to what we as children had to say. She never made fun of us, or called us liars or anything.

I remember fantastic things happening to me as a child that were very real. Some amazing, some frightening. I find that these memories are actually more vivid and easily told than the memory I have of shopping at Whole Foods for watermelon two days ago.

One thing I do notice is that children (especially the very young) seem to have countless encounters with the mystical, and they tell those willing to listen in a very simple and beautiful manner. I truly believe that as we age, we lose our ability to communicate with the other worlds, simply because we are taught to believe they do not exist, and are fairytales and lies.

My son is in a charter kindergarten and I volunteer in the classroom once or twice a week. (He does three days at home, two in a small classroom). I consider this age to be before they are molded and destroyed by the "real world". They are wonderfully truthful at that age and love to talk. I will sit in the sandbox and my son and other children will flock to me and just talk and talk and talk. It is rather healing. Can't we all just remember an age were everything was so magical?

I used to spend countless summer days in front of the big maple tree in our front yard. Every tree root was a roadway, every piece of moss was a green hillock. I recall one time digging into a small hole in a tree with a piece of stick. As I looked closer, a very small sound came out. I dug more, and I could hear tiny music seemingly emanating from inside the tree. I put my ear to the trunk and could hear the tree "breathe" and a faint beat and music. Even to this day, I can swear what I heard and remember exactly how the day was, the feel of the bark under my hands. I do not have an explanation, but I am glad I have the memory.
I think what I heard was the life of the tree. Perhaps as we age, we lose touch with nature. Armed with that realization, I have done everything I can to let my son feel the heartbeat of the earth.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Doesn't mean that you have to be an asshole..

You don't have to interject your pseudoskeptic cookie-cutter reply either, we could just imagine it since it takes nothing to be a "hardcore skeptic", except taking the word of the scientific community in areas of research most of you don't even understand to begin with.

The answer is always the same predictable nonsense,overusing words like rational, logic, critical thinking, trying to equate themselves with the officialdom of science, cradling in the arms of science, hitching a ride with the institutions of science acting like an umbrella protecting the vulnerable skeptic from the assaults of reality kicking down his worldview.. essentially it's really just a complex appeal to authority...
Being a so called skeptic is the easiest job in the world.
Most of you aren't scientists,
most of you don't understand the science.

I'm not anti-science, I understand that science has got a lot of things right, but then there are those problem areas the scientific community tends to ignore.
If you don't believe in psychics then that's you ignoring dozens of studies with significant evidence, ATS is full of links, do a search.

So keep on living in your materialist world thinking we're all delusional and we'll keep living in the quite fantastic world we've been initiated into by virtue of amazing experiences - knowing the materialists are really the delusional ones in reality.

And if not earlier, you'll know we were right when you die, try to remember me then, you can picture me having the last laugh.

I love your reply here!
I wish I could put my thoughts into word like you do. Thanks for posting this!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Nice story, gnomes are awesome, I do not believe evidence of their existence goes beyond dreams and stories, perhaps they live in the 5th dimension, I do not buy into the book authors who claim to see them at will for they are simply making up stories for profit, but their existence in dreams may be their only way to contact us, I can imagine they are real in another reality.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Pics or it didn't happen

Nice story. Don't really care if it's true or not, it was nice

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
reply to post by blocula

Pics or it didn't happen

Nice story. Don't really care if it's true or not, it was nice

I would never make it up and then pass it off here at ATS as something real,how i described it is exactly how it happened to us...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

I have a very good non-fiction book called "earths secret inhabitants" by jerome clark and scott rogo and theres a chapter in that book called,the coming of the trolls,and its filled with numerous modern day accounts of people who claimed to have seen and encountered the "little people" both day and night in the woods and forests,near roadsides,under bridges and inside their bedrooms and some people were even taken to fairy land...

There are so many different types of these enchanted and magical beings like elves,gnomes and faries,pixies, trolls,sprites and leprechauns,who all have been seen and encountered thousands of times for at least many hundreds of years,whos origins surely didnt arise from nothing...

I believe they are very real and they inhabit other dimensional realms and alternate realities that exists outside the ability of our five senses to perceive of them.But perhaps people who are psychic and clairvoyant with their inner eye open,are more in tune with those strange unearthly worlds and the bizarre entities who inhabit them,that remain mostly hidden somewhere just beyond our visible spectrum...

Theres an amazing similarity between elves and faries and people who have experienced missing time when taken to fairy land and modern day ufo encounters,abductions and people who experience missing time during their interactions with aliens and their flying machines...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
These are some of the best non-fiction books available that describe hundreds of sightings and encounters with cryptozoological beings and bizarre humanoid entities of every variety imaginable...

Strange Creatures From Time And Space...John Keel > www.amazon.com...

Earths Secret Inhabitants...Scott Rogo and Jerome Clark > www.amazon.com...

Creatures Of the Outer Edge...Jerome Clark and Loren Coleman > www.amazon.com...

Passport To Magonia...Jacques Vallee > www.amazon.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by blocula

I wish I could support your thread with my own similar story, but I just can't yet...
I am not supposed to know it, and I'm really not supposed to say it.
And If I did say it, no one could ever know for sure what actually happened except me.

Like your story, the proof was gone when I tried to show someone else.

by the way I lose my connection to the higher energies (something like god is meant here) when I talk about my experiences, especially if I accidentally share it in an egotistical way.

so S and F for your courage.

no one likes a tease bro.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
you didn't eat any mushrooms while you was there did you

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join