It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did YOU realize you were a conspiracy theorist?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
As I come to this site to read about various conspiracy theories and news in general, I often find myself wondering what makes other people feel the way that they do. Especially conspiracy theories.

I developed a love of conspiracies after seeing The Seventh Sign. After I watched the movie, I began to do research about Revelations, then I began to study biblical times, then enters the various conspiracies involving religion and 20 years later here I am. A true knowledge seeker, feeding on the knowledge of hundreds. It could posibly have something to do with me entering my seriously rebel stage, which has never seemed to end so here I am.

Still a rebel, still a lover of conspiracies. At what moment in time did you began to develop a passion for alternate answers?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
10 minutes after the first building fell on 9/11 was my very first inkling of questioning.

watching it live, I couldn't help but feel there was no way it happened the way it did.
the plane didn't do it, something inside removed the building's integrity piece by piece.

and organized religion from when I was a child and indoctrinated, the more I aged, the more I realized the stories to be impossible and just that, stories.

from there I realized most adults were colluding, spreading a fairy tale from family to family, city to city.

edit on 15-3-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
aliens n ufos were always my first thing then ofcourse 9/11 whn i got older n realized the gov has played us

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Mine was after reluctantly looking into the 9/11 theories. I was always under the impression that our government would never do something like that. But after seeing how our government has lied to us over and over again and that they could pull off something like that to their own people i began to question everything else too. That began my path to become a conspiracy theorist and ultimately make my way here.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
As much as I'd like to have a deep and meaningful event to use as the reason for my way of thinking (which I dont consider to be a "conspiracy theorist"), I don't have one. I suppose I just grew up wanting to know more than what was inside the "box" of our reality.

Very early on in life I accepted that there are people who will lie and cheat to get what they desire in the world, from a low life on the streets to the most prestigious person in the world, there is no difference. We're all human, and we all work for ourselves in one way or another!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DivineFem

For me it was the day my mom mentioned meditation. I started to meditate. Then I had strange no very strange things happen. I needed answers. I searched and found a forum about unexplained mysterious things(hint not this forum). started posting. Then saw 9/11 threads. What other people felt weird about that day too?

Some random guy I was talking to decided to send me about 4 dvds. they were Alex Jones movies about 9/11 and bohemian grove, and the police state.

I was shocked and followed AJ for awhile(I don't anymore he annoys me, but he IS responsible for waking me up to Conspiracy)
this brought me to david icke and realized that he had the same awakening that I had. We had the same exact thing happen to us. (he had energy shoot up his spine and was in bliss as his arms raised up, a trance like state ensued for about an hour that felt like 5 minutes.)

This led to an intense search for what is truth, that has never ended, and will never end.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
It was after filling sandbags and selling chocolate bars for boy scouts and realized the funds were not there....It was a conspiracy from the age of 10.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I don't really remember when, I know I accepted it after watching youtube videos of Bill/William Cooper the veritas guy. I had always been interested in Roswell and Area 51 along with the Grays. I later found out that after several years, I suddenly have an unexplained fear of certain pics of the Grays. When I was younger no problems late 20's scared senseless.

My uncles had purchased his videos on the JFK assassination in the 90's but my interest wasn't their at that time. So some time after youtube came about.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies. When I say conspiracy theorists, I am referring to those who deny the party line...in any siuation. The one who questions the run of the mill answers we usually recieve. This is my own personal definition of conspiracy theory, when I use the term.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
When I was 14 years old, my older brother ordered a book by Kevin Trudeau called "Natural Cures They Don't Want You To Know About". After reading through it my views of the world was never the same.

Great thread topic btw.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ForAllMyDeadHomies

Oh wow Kevin Truedaeu, that reminds me of so many infomercials from back in the day

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
For me, it all started with Arthur C Clarke's Mysterious World, back in the 80's. Yes, i'm that old

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
At he age of 14, I saw my first ghost. Later my first UFO. I grew up in the 60's during the assassinations of MLK, JFK, Malcom X, RFK, The Vietnam war, the hippy movement, Nixon, watergate, drugs, the Democratic national convention, Kent State,,Dr. Strangelove, Tommy Turtle, Duck and Cover. Deep breath... One Flew over the Cookoo's Nest, Wood Stock, The Smothers Brothers. George Carlin, Watts riots, The Graduate, LBJ, The Warren Commission, Walter Cronkite, John Lennon, Roswell, Bigfoot, Project Bluebook, FDA, FBI, CIA, Bay of Pigs, the Mafia, Midnight Cowboy, Deep Throat, More Drugs, Charles Mansion... History of empires like Rome, Nazi Germany, Stalins Russia, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Pear Harbor... I could go on,the list is nigh well endless. 'Nuff for now.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I was born in 71 and as a kid I would watch a TV show called
In search of, which was hosted by Leonard Nimoy

As well as this book also from the 70's, 350 pages of mind screwing goodness

Also back in the 70's there was this photo from a moon survey mission I think
There appears to be some type of vehicle traveling across the surface.
I have a vague memory of film footage of this, but I could be wrong...gettin old

So in a nutshell, I've always been f*#%@d up

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I must admit it feels good to post something that won't be trolled (hopefully). It feels like going to war, or observing war, reading these threads lately.

I like feel good threads sometimes and it makes me feel great to see people exchanging experiences, non violently so to speak. I love hearing all your stories. Very nostalgic as well.

keep em coming!!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Around the age of 11 or 12 i forget but whatever me and my other older brothers looked at big-foot/ufo videos and pics , and also remember y2k but i didn't know about conspiracy theories back then even though these things were conspiracy in nature . I visited this site as a guest and looked at some threads and one about guests signing up and becoming members so i did that was 2010 and been here ever since not as long as some others .

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ForAllMyDeadHomies

Thanks.

That book you mentioned reminds me of the fact that when I was little I was a hypochondriac. I would always run to my mom and ell her something was wrong with me. Memories...

Thanks again for that

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Gunsmoke38

Hey the seventh sign came out in the 80s too and I saw it a couple of years after so I'm not to far behind!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Those were some of the conspiracies I REALLY cut my teeth on! Even still I am intrigued to hear new info come out about them.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

Not at all. You've just always been...Ultra intrigued

The way I look at it is this: If we NEVER questioned things, where would we be now progress-wise?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join