It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Ambasadors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
So here we are...pretend for a moment that we are in touch with an Alien civilization and an encounter of the 3rd kind is imminent (that means we are going to physically make contact ..meet them).I have always asked myself who in this world would be the most appropriate representative(s) for the Human kind in such an Historical important meeting for the human race .Just think a minute about the huge importance of the first contact and the way we will present ourselves as humans to the newly contacted alien race.I know is not easy to find the candidates but take the time and ponder...Who you will trust to represent you in such an important event ?
I read and watch sci-fi movies since my early childhood..I am fascinated with space and space exploration..I have seen tons of documentaries and watched all sci fi TV serials.I am a science buff and read a lot of alternative news.The only person I would really trust to represent me is not among us anymore ..I am talking about the american astronomer and scientist Carl Sagan . He was a SETI (Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence) promoter and wrote the book CONTACT ( actually the book sort of imagines the same thing - that we have received a message from space...). I think he would have been perfect one to represent the "Pale Blue Dot"
I am sure there are more people among us scientists or not that would be capable to accomplish such task ..please present your nominees and a short explanation about your choice...and please leave Billy Crystal out of this ..he is busy preparing the 2080 edition of the Academy Awards ...LOL

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Nairda

Carl is my spiritual hero and I consider him the brightest mind of the last 100 years. IF there is an afterlife, I hope he is there-learning still and enjoying the spread of the cosmic buffet.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I would put my hand up.
Say Gday.
Introduce them to some dolphins at Seaworld get us all talking.
My point being perhaps we shouldn't consider a human as our best ambassador.
After all my Husky is a character she would certainly keep an open mind.
If I were to have a chat with them I would certainly approach it from a telepathic picture speak language.
I have theorized for many years that picture language overlayed with emotional meaning to the picture is the universal language. Animals do seem to respond to this projected intention language.

edit on 15-3-2012 by Shirak because: add more

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Nairda

Already happened. America used captured Nazi technology to bring one down over New Mexico in '47. Then they returned for their dead in '52. Neither side will ever make the same mistake again.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
ever seen the movie Contact? this exact debate was a huge part of it.
edit: missed that in the op sorry.
edit on 15-3-2012 by ShadowOblivionX because: no reason

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Of course I don't have a shred of proof for what I just said, just a sneaking suspicion...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Nairda

we would have to have a world referendum excluding all politics and slimy rich creeps..Hang em high....

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
OP I think you should feel confident enough to do the job and have faith in your self, if you ever get the opportunity.
Just keep in mind you are representing yourself and you should do just fine.

xx

I'd put my hand up too, and say....
'welcome brothers and sisters, if you come with love you are more than welcome'
in fact I have sent that thought out once or twice

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Nairda

If Carl Sagan was the only person that you "trust," then you have allowed yourself to be deluded by Sagan and the entire apparatus that propelled him to fame (along with his charm, wit and knowledge). Sagan's role in leading the public to the "aliens are out there" trough has been documented and written about several times on ATS.

Sagan, an ardent believer in UFOs, cleverly crossed over to the debunking side to build a professional career saying just what TPTB wanted him to say: "Yes, they are out there, but no, they can't get here" Whether he was knowingly used by TPTB to awaken the world to the wonders of the cosmos and deny UFOs in the same breath was his ploy or his job, we may never know. We can suspect that he was "turned by Edward Condon who hired Sagan to work on the so-called "Condon Report." If you doubt his real views on UFOs, read William Poundstone's bio on Sagan entitledCarl Sagan.

We do know that he was an opportunist as evidence by his first book with the Russian I.S. Shklovskii, Intelligent Life in the Universe Much later Shklovskii was to say that he had no idea that Sagan was going to take his work, annoint it as he did to about twice its initial size and run with it. The Russian may have been annoyed at what the young Sagan did with his work, but yet he was pleased with the attention he got from the West.

In scientific circles, Sagan was not so much appreciated because he was not always right in his views, "nuclear winter," for one example, which was out of his field, and because he was given special treatment all around by NASA/JPL, Collumbia University, etc.. A book was actually published about all of the things he was wrong about. The question remains whether he was merely serving his large ego as the "social gadfly scientist" or doing a "public service" for the government by denying the existence of UFO. At the least, it seems he was professionally dishonest to a great degree.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
reply to post by Nairda

If Carl Sagan was the only person that you "trust," then you have allowed yourself to be deluded by Sagan and the entire apparatus that propelled him to fame (along with his charm, wit and knowledge). Sagan's role in leading the public to the "aliens are out there" trough has been documented and written about several times on ATS.

Sagan, an ardent believer in UFOs, cleverly crossed over to the debunking side to build a professional career saying just what TPTB wanted him to say: "Yes, they are out there, but no, they can't get here" Whether he was knowingly used by TPTB to awaken the world to the wonders of the cosmos and deny UFOs in the same breath was his ploy or his job, we may never know. We can suspect that he was "turned by Edward Condon who hired Sagan to work on the so-called "Condon Report." If you doubt his real views on UFOs, read William Poundstone's bio on Sagan entitledCarl Sagan.

We do know that he was an opportunist as evidence by his first book with the Russian I.S. Shklovskii, Intelligent Life in the Universe Much later Shklovskii was to say that he had no idea that Sagan was going to take his work, annoint it as he did to about twice its initial size and run with it. The Russian may have been annoyed at what the young Sagan did with his work, but yet he was pleased with the attention he got from the West.

In scientific circles, Sagan was not so much appreciated because he was not always right in his views, "nuclear winter," for one example, which was out of his field, and because he was given special treatment all around by NASA/JPL, Collumbia University, etc.. A book was actually published about all of the things he was wrong about. The question remains whether he was merely serving his large ego as the "social gadfly scientist" or doing a "public service" for the government by denying the existence of UFO. At the least, it seems he was professionally dishonest to a great degree.

Hmm..I will have to check on that ..however the book he wrote "Contact" points to a rather possible scenario ...I am kind of convinced that he was trying to "spill the beans" about SETI ..that contact was made...and that we are now in the process of integration in the big universal family..all the disclosures lately points to that ...the "2012" spiritual awakening is I believe part of the same process..something is in the air ...all these massive social changes ..the collapse of the current monetary system ...the soon to be discovered "God particle" at CERN...the recent discovery of Earth like planets ..these events are setting the stage for the final showdown ..this is my opinion.But the question remains..who do you think is the best choice for the Human race to represent us in this first (official) and very important meeting with alien civilization (s) ??

new topics

top topics

join