It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland UFO Sighting 3-15-2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This is a second hand report, and I cannot verify the information.

Driving West on 84 coming into the city at about 7:30 PM local time.

Subject saw what he could only describe as an orb coming up over the treeline to his left (south) before the horizon was blocked by buildings followed by an embankment. When the subject was next able to see that section of treeline, the object was gone.

Analysis and thoughts.

The object could not have been the moon. It was deeply overcast and drizzling, so whatever he saw was under the canopy of clouds. The subject was a professional driver on his usual route, so the terrain is familiar and he would not be prone to mistaking something mundane.

No photos available. No follow up interview possible.

I post this report as a service to anyone else that might be in the Portland area. If you saw something this evening, please contact me either on this thread, or in a u2u.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Nevermind i found it

maps.google.co.uk...,+OR,+United+States&hl=en&ll=45.525502,-122.653534&spn=0.008524,0.01929&sll=45.464947,-122.762861&sspn=0.00853 3,0.01929&oq=Portland+&t=h&hnear=Portland,+Multnomah,+Oregon,+United+States&z=16

If this is the right area, there are a few things that could potentially give the effect of a orb of light. For example there is a soccer/football field to the south as well as tennis courts, a school....i assume at 7:30pm its getting dark? Floodlights perhaps.

I know you say he is a cab driver (professional driver), the thing is as a driver its fairly easy to not notice something.

edit on 15-3-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by Furbs

Can you give a little more info, like where route 84 leads. Im in the UK so your highway system is a bit of a mystery to me lol. If i type route 84 into google i find many results

Knowing the general surroundings would help eliminate the obvious....or identify this "orb".

Is 84th a street?? I tried west 84th Portland....only has Southwest which leads to Garden Home whitford?? Near a golf course??

A google map link would be handy lol

I'm sorry. This post was written with Portlanders in mind specifically.

en.wikipedia.org...

He was near 122nd street.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
interstate 84 runs west to east on the northern edge of the state of oregon in the united states.

subfab

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I didn't see anything last night, but that area you mentioned is the same place I had my first UFO sighting in Portland -

I created this animation to document the sighting my friend and I were confronted with that night. Alien Craft flew crazy patterns over my city. My friend and I were in shock.

True story of the shocking display of advanced technology.

edit on 16-3-2012 by A51Watcher because: the unusual

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
This one is from Portland. Not sure of the date. Sounds like what you describe.

edit on 11-4-2012 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join