It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet Service Providers to start policing internet/copyright by July 12

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Time to boost the underground internet and show the finger to the money making corporate dictatorship of American.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

I'm glad you understand what I mean.

I will not retire, and I say that right now at age 50. Even if your body gives out on you, you will have other options. You can still do *something* to earn your salt. There is really no excuse for lounging around, waiting for the next round of Bingo to start. And I suspect that people might just age better if they didn't stop working.

Think about it. At age 65 or so, you can stop working and live still for another 20 years or so. Twenty flipping years or more of doing absolutely nothing productive! Sure, you can volunteer and go on eternal cruises to the Caribbean or on some senior citizens' excursions abroad, but you're not making use of yourself for a major portion of your time on Earth. It's absurd!

My grandmother worked until she had to be put in a home at age 85. Her carotid arteries were blocked but they couldn't operate. But she had worked since she was 8 years old. She got married late (age 29) and her husband left her with a huge debt on their farm which she worked off while putting her kids through college. No one on this planet knows hard work like she did.

Honestly, if there had been the option of euthanasia, it would have been the best thing. But our culture isn't that humane yet so she lived on for quite a few worthless years.

My mother, alternatively, is 71 and is beside herself with frustration that the economy is so bad so her alpacas aren't selling and she can't retire. She's barely ever worked! She stayed at home with us when we were small and got huge amounts of money after that, which she chose to squander. Now she's whinging about not being able to retire.

I will work until I drop. Count on it. If it's too much, it will hasten my demise. Good. No need to waste time here. I've worked continuously since age 13 until four years ago when my section was cut at work. But I'm still doing things to help friends who are carrying heavier loads at work due to the idiotic staff cuts their workplaces have made. I do the stuff they would do if they weren't exhausted when they came home. I am still adding value to life, even if I don't collect money for it. I collect love and appreciation. That's worth more than money in my world.

We expect these absurd systems to carry us through to languish in some lazy dream for years on end. Why?

Okay, look. Does Tim Berners Lee get royalties every time someone uses the Internet? He invented it. It was his brainchild. He would be the richest man on Earth with no rivals anywhere on the horizon if that were the case. But he doesn't. And he's still working.

Some dude writes a song and thinks he should retire with such wealth every time someone plays any part of that song, he gets paid. And his progeny continue the legacy. What arrogance.

There are important things in life and then there are "entertainers". If it adds value to the experience on Earth then great. Thank you for your contribution. But you didn't do it alone. You have muses all around you.

Our system of valuation for any given occupation is grossly skewed at this point. We need to reconsider why cleaners and others who do work that no one really wants to do but must be done get virtually no pay for it. Why do entertainers get obscene pay for what they do? Why do mothers get nothing for their round the clock, constant attention to the next generation? And when we stand in judgment of mothers who "fail", do we consider the pressure they have? Does anyone look at what's really at play in our civilization?

Watch the stupidity end now. It's over for the greedy and selfish. Rightly so too.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

I see your point. I too am not one to rest on my laurels, I've worked solid since I left education (I'm 32 now), I have a good job and I pay into a pension fund for my later years. Sadly the way things are going that fund will probably be worthless by the time it comes to claim.

In retirement I have the idea of seeing more of the world with my wife, however if I'm honest this probably won't satisfy me. I expect to do some kind of work until I die, even if its just for something to do!

I'm not against retirement per se but when you actually say it 20 odd years doing nothing to speak of is a long time. I think I may just go mad if I weren't doing anything?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Seeing the world with your wife is what you do now. Not later when you or she may not be able to. What will it add to your life then? Stickers to your luggage and a magnet to the fridge? Go now while you can walk and talk and eat and feel the excitement without it sending your nurse after your nitro tablets.

Why do we waste the years when we're at our physical peak sitting in classrooms or building a career only to sit later on wishing we had used that time to sew a lot more wild oats and experiencing all life had to offer? Why don't we grab our joy while we can, for as long as we can? Are we really being responsible by doing things the "right" way? Who made these damn rules anyway? How did they gain credibility with such bad ideas?

Go see the world, young man.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
If your internet service provider doesn't have anything suspicious to report on you beware of the free apps that allow others to take pics and report suspicious activity to law enforcement.

Not too mention the other spy apps available.

See: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Big Brother and TPTB can't get enough information on our every move and thought it's like there addicted to knowing all no matter who you are just in case this information can benefit them when needed.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'm a little fuzzy on one small detail in this whole copyright battle.

Is streaming the same as downloading?
Can users encounter problems from just watching television streamed on-line?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

It would be nice but as you say I'm a victim of the system. By doing things the 'right way' I now have too many commitments to just up and off. Besides I couldn't take the kids out of school, they are happy where they are, I wouldn't cause them the upheaval.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Saw this comment on another site:

The state of modern corporations...
Have a failed or failing business model?
That's ok, no need to improve your product!
Just spend money on lobbying for mandates to force people to conform to your failed business model!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Divest, bit by bit. Be smart. Intelligence is what you get when you start thinking for yourself. Divest that education too, while you're at it. That's what standardized your thinking in the first place. Take back your sovereignty, or maybe this will be for the first time in your life. It's bracing. You'll love it.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Well Egg, may you get all you wish for.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

So working at wal mart is productive? That's what most jobs are in the USA

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

What in the world are you talking about? Having any job at all is the first wrong move. Make a living doing something you can put your heart into. Do something that you could do all day without feeling for a moment like it's work at all. Forget about status and income. Get rid of everything that's holding you back from your joy. Material things will not bring you pleasure.

Imagine your lives without anything but four walls, your bed, a small kitchen and a smaller bathroom. You and your family live there, or you alone as the case may be. Your lives take place outside that home. You care about the community because you *live* in it. You go home to eat something humble while sharing your day with your family, to bathe, and to sleep. You sleep peacefully because you haven't bombarded your minds with tv or music or other mindless drivel. You sleep peacefully because your belly isn't swollen with chemicals and hormones. You sleep peacefully because you don't have bills flooding in day after day. You always have enough because you aren't seeking more crap to fill your empty void of a life. You finally know what living is.

Or you can go apply at Walmart. Your choice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join