It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You should respect the office of the POTUS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
How does one respect the office of the presidency when it is occupied by men whom one cannot take seriously?

We are the laughing-stock of the planet.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Stupid is as stupid does...errr something like that.

PS. He should keep his shoes off our damned desk if he respects that office.
edit on 16-3-2012 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

LOL.

Good points.

Gerald Ford was such a dutiful globalist.

He managed the Warren Commission on JFK's death well in protecting the truth from the people and the people from the truth.

And he was probably one of the more . . . accomplished . . . i.e. successful at it . . . plodders we've had in a long time.

I don't know that super dreadful things happened on his watch. I think we all knew he was chosen to be a caretaker, a stand-in until the next more flashy, more choreographed, more manipulated, more flood-lit and made-up Farcical Leader could be SElected.

Now we have the Teleprompter In Chief with more of the globalist leaders' words more strictly as scripted.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
How does one respect the office of the presidency when it is occupied by men whom one cannot take seriously?

We are the laughing-stock of the planet.

Probably the laughing stock of the galaxy . . . possibly of the multi-verse.

I cannot recall in all of recorded history

ANY

Nation deliberately destroying itself--much less so quickly and in such devastating horrific 'style.'

And what an outrageous excuse for human . . . uhhh . . . protoplasm . . . they installed for the final states of the destruction.

He was sure reared well & brainwashed successfully for the job.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Those years in the Ivy League schools . . . particularly for Obama were perfunctory getting their chits stamped.

Why do you think Obama's records there are sealed?

Because, by all accounts of those in his classes--he didn't do diddly but agitate for Marxist, USA destroying perspectives and hideousness.

He didn't authentically GO to university. He was poured through it by the power brokers for their own utilitarian purposes.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Gerald Ford was such a dutiful globalist.

He definetely had the aura of somebodys homegirl.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

twoday.net...

132."Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy." Henry Kissinger, quoted by Bob Woodward in The Final Days, 1976

133."The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissinger

It's a challenging issue in some respects . . . particularly for Christians who are exhorted to pray for our enemies and respect authorities . . .

However, I don't read in Scripture that we are exhorted to respect the Anti-Christ . . .

and it is certainly the Anti-Christ spirit that has driven the globalists all these 100's of years.

I think our military is in a great bind and they deserve tons of respect for signing up to pay the ultimate price . . . ostensibly for our Republic and way of life . . . only to be snookered into doing all kinds of globalist evil genocidal adventurism horrifics to their own destruction.

The evil doers responsible are certainly well earning their slots in hell.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

homegirl . . . LOL.

I think Betty Ford had a lot of pluck to put her alcoholism out there as she did and to overcome it.

I was taught for a year at the alcohol treatment center by the retired Navy Capt who ran the Long Beach Navy alcohol center before his retirement. That's where Betty was treated.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarlboroRedCowgirl
A personal story I will never forget.
The night George W. Bush was elected, my family and I were plunged into a great deal of anxiety and disbelief. We were shocked and appalled and speculating what the next four years (miraculously it turned out to be 8,) would bring us. My father eloquently stated, "We don't have to have respect for the man in office, but we do have to have respect for the office of the President of the United States." I have never found a way to usurp the truth in those words.
You can dislike the president. You can downright hate him. But the Office of the Presidency has been imperative for the international dominance and quality of life we have in this country. Many Presidents have led to several of our downfalls. Presidents are human, the Office of the Presidency is an ideal, a standard of excellence, which many if not every president has fallen short of. And as we know from history and V for Vendetta, an idea is alot harder to kill than a man.
Its because of the Office of the Presidency that we can hate the president. Because the executive branch enforces the first amendment of the constitution.

Much of what you are saying is how I used to feel. There was just a built in sense of respect and admiration for the person that appeared to be willing to sacrifice so much personally, to take on such an immense responsibility that I just felt like the office was indeed deserving of my respect. But like I said, as I've watched men degrade that office at the expense of the vast majority of the public, I can't help but feel contempt.

I don't hate my country and somewhere in my head I believe that our system could actually work well, but damn if I know if it will ever happen in my lifetime.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMar

I don't like Mr. Obama as president. Period. But personally? I don't even know him. We might do well over a pool table and a pitcher of beer. Who knows?

That's why politics is undoubtedly the single worst avocation one can take up.

I respect Mr. Obama because he is the president... but I do not have to like him in that single respect. Someday soon... maybe November, when he is a private citizen again... I will invite him to shoot that game of pool and share a brew.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMar

It is a shame that so many presidents swear an oath to protect this country and neglect it days if not hours later. I think of the Office of the Presidency not as the things any individual has done/failed to do, but as the collective policies, ideas, and legislation enacted from that seat. The way I see it, its Office of the Presidency is far more than the presidents past, it includes the cabinet, advisers, and even congress and the superior courts in a small way.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
There was a time not too long ago that it was all about a government of, by and for the people.
Now, the current administration thinks it should be about a nation of, by and for Obama himself, and many kool-aid drinkers actually agree with that logic.
The office of the potus should be respected by all, but the problem now is even the potus itself no longers respects it's very own office.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Ironic isn't it. Betty Ford earned all the respect that was ever given to anyone related to that administration.
What ever happened to Spiro Agnew ?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarlboroRedCowgirl
reply to post by DelMar

It is a shame that so many presidents swear an oath to protect this country and neglect it days if not hours later.

imho,

The Presidents' oaths to satan . . . and their lodge buddies . . .

to be disemboweled and torn limb from limb . . . IIRC . . .

are a LOT more weighty on their minds and compliance

than their oaths to uphold a Constitution their lodge buddies have been shredding almost from it's inception.

We have a traitorous farce for a government.

twoday.net...

www.crossroad.to...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by BO XIAN

Ironic isn't it. Betty Ford earned all the respect that was ever given to anyone related to that administration.
What ever happened to Spiro Agnew ?

INDEED.

I don't know about Agnew
rhymes with spew.

I think Ford's photographer got more respect than Ford did.

Betty Ford had a way of being a Midwestern class act and down home at the same time.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
There was a time not too long ago that it was all about a government of, by and for the people.
Now, the current administration thinks it should be about a nation of, by and for Obama himself, and many kool-aid drinkers actually agree with that logic.
The office of the potus should be respected by all, but the problem now is even the potus itself no longers respects it's very own office.

I cannot disagree with you at all Alxandro but I must say I could easily replace "Obama" in your statement with Bush jr. I believe our two party system gives us nothing other that a serpent with 2 heads.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Four years later ... do you 'respect the office' .... or has Obama made you lose all respect??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join