It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You should respect the office of the POTUS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
In numerous political discussions with various people I've often heard them say, "I disagree with (insert policy here) but I respect the office." Or, "Even though you dislike (insert policy here) you should still respect the office of the president." This always leaves me wondering why.

I'm in my early 40's and I didn't really give a rat’s rear end about politics until I was in my late twenties. I don't have vast experience in the field of amateur political analysis but I do read a lot and try to keep myself informed through varied sources. I was a registered republican for around 20 years. I became angry with the party and left a few years back, now unaffiliated.

I think I understand why people say that I should respect the office. It’s the highest position in our land, our leader, the voice that is supposed to stand for what is right, the beacon of light in a dark world. The president has our best interests at heart; he is there to serve us. The problem for me is that I don’t buy any of it. I suppose at one time, early in my political interest years, I believed these things. Now, I don’t see it that way.

Our president is nothing more than figurehead that bows down to corporate interests, money, and power. He fears no law. He has no use for the common man, unless an election cycle is at hand. Our president, regardless of party affiliation, is nothing but a continuation of the man that came before him. Yes, few policies may come in to play that deviate from the previous administration, but the overall course remains the same. Protect the few and trample the many.

I’ve gone over it in my head numerous times and I can’t see a reason why I should respect the office. That office is an enemy of the common man and is surrounded by a pit of vipers.

Can anyone give me reasons why I should respect the office?

Please keep in mind this is not specifically aimed at our current president. However it applies equally to him and those that preceded him.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Because you should do what you're told,

now shut it and get back to your mass mind programming...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
dude....good point here....I'm afraid evil has reared it's ugly head, in our potus bunch...

this was written of long ago...I know how it turns out in a few years...till then, we "tow the line" eh?
like good soldiers
edit on 15-3-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua is our new King !!

edit on 15-3-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua is our new King !!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
As long as the I get respected in return,other wise its defunct.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Respect? Nope.

Fear? Definitely. That position of power can enable laws that brainwashed trained dogs in uniforms obey to the letter, no questions asked. Every year the laws gets creepier and more surreal. Our votes don't count for President, and even if they did, these Presidents do whatever the Hell they are told to do by TPTB.

We really have all the power in the world to stop the madness, but we need to stand together and respectfully decline to participate in their make believe wars, laws, and economic rules that aren't in "our" best interests.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This is one of the things my Grandfather used to tell me many times before he died and that I took to heart - "No matter how you feel about the president, you need to respect the office."

And this was in respect to George W Bush and the embarrassment that his presidency was. It can be applied today and to our future disappointments in the Oval Office
edit on 15-3-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMar

You should respect the office of the president because it is a marvelous piece of architecture.

The Oval Office

The office was designed by the architect Nathan C. Wyeth at the order of President William Howard Taft in 1909. Named for its distinctive oval shape, the Oval Office is part of the complex of offices that make up the West Wing of the White House. Badly damaged by a fire in 1929, the office was rebuilt by President Herbert C. Hoover. In 1934, President Franklin D. Roosevelt enlarged the West Wing and added today’s Oval Office, designed by Eric Gugler.

The architectural features of the Oval Office, which draw from baroque, neoclassical, and Georgian traditions, have become symbolic of the power and prestige of the Presidency in the minds of Americans and people across the world. There are three large south-facing windows behind the President’s desk, as well as four doors into different parts of the West Wing. The ceiling is adorned with an elaborate molding around the edge, and features elements of the Seal of the President.

White House

Although, the guy occupying the office is usually a total asshole.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The presidents office is largely symbolic
The true corruption comes in congress with 30 lobbiests for everyone one representative.
Corruption is rewarded.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMar

Mom was right all along.

"In order to gain respect, you must first give it".

or

"You can't force people to respect you, respect is earned".

So in other words, that office has absolutely no respect for the people of the US nor the citizens of the World. So why should you have respect for that?

You shouldn't.

Peace

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Respect is earned, as is disrespect.

If people no longer respect the office of the POTUS, that is because the disrespect was earned. In fact, everybody in this country who works for the government and holds a position of authority has earned my contempt and disgust.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMar

This really is an easy one. I respect the hell out of the office that has had so many greats in years past. I haven't
respected anyone who has sat in that office since I was four. I'm 53. Ok maybe a lil respect for Carter but that's it.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The thing that is wrong is that the people that seek the high offices don't do it to serve others as they are supposed to, but to serve themselves.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMar

If you don't then this travels rightly down the chain of command and no private will respect any officer and in a matter of minutes you have disbanded and made inoperable and useless the US ARMY, NAVY, Air force, Marines and dismantled our entire defense system. Everything depends on men and women following the chain of command and trusting their immediate superior.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMar

Some mixed feelings but mostly in our era . . .

These blokes have trashed, abused, manipulated, used the Presidency ruthlessly for probably 200+ years--at least 100+ years:

twoday.net...

www.crossroad.to...

They have killed Presidents when it served their purposes.

They install Presidents in a grand ruthless UnConstitutional charade in horrific violation of our voting rights. The whole voting process is now such a farce that I'd have more confidence in a vote in China.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Carter?

God have mercy on us. He thought he knew more about Biblical truth than the Apostle Paul.

He followed these blokes' orders

twoday.net...

www.crossroad.to...

and gave us the current problems with Iran.

He was prissy, arrogant, pettily perfectionistic and generally petty. Did I say he was petty. Yup. Petty to the max.

And his Zibnew Brezenski was an arch globalist traitor from the beginning and still is.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
A personal story I will never forget.
The night George W. Bush was elected, my family and I were plunged into a great deal of anxiety and disbelief. We were shocked and appalled and speculating what the next four years (miraculously it turned out to be 8,) would bring us. My father eloquently stated, "We don't have to have respect for the man in office, but we do have to have respect for the office of the President of the United States." I have never found a way to usurp the truth in those words.
You can dislike the president. You can downright hate him. But the Office of the Presidency has been imperative for the international dominance and quality of life we have in this country. Many Presidents have led to several of our downfalls. Presidents are human, the Office of the Presidency is an ideal, a standard of excellence, which many if not every president has fallen short of. And as we know from history and V for Vendetta, an idea is alot harder to kill than a man.
Its because of the Office of the Presidency that we can hate the president. Because the executive branch enforces the first amendment of the constitution.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Carter?
God have mercy on us. He thought he knew more about Biblical truth than the Apostle Paul.
He followed these blokes' orders
twoday.net...
www.crossroad.to...
and gave us the current problems with Iran.
He was prissy, arrogant, pettily perfectionistic and generally petty. Did I say he was petty. Yup. Petty to the max.
And his Zibnew Brezenski was an arch globalist traitor from the beginning and still is.

Hey you know somethings don't cha ?
But you forgot to mention that after the complete disaster and loss of american lives, as a result of the failed
rescue of the american hostages in Tehran. Carter hid behind no one and nothing and took full responsibility
for what happened. So that in my view deserves some respect.

Who do you think I should have mentioned Gerald Ford ?

edit on 16-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I have no respect for an office that has been used to kill millions, murder rape maim steal and plunder the countries of the earth including our own send our sons daughters mother fathers to their deaths for corporate and elitist interest in the name of fighting for freedom. We would have been better off without ever having a president and all the death destruction and harm it has caused us all stealing the wealth and property of us all. They have succeeded in spades from the day George Washington was elected to this day! Damn them all to hell and the bloody evil office they rode in on!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

You should respect the office of the POTUS

I'll give it the same 'respect' I'd give a cobra snake if I came upon it.
- keep my distance.
- watch it's every move.
- not trust it. (if it appears to be sleeping or being nice .. it only means it's lul'n me for a strike)
- if I have to interact with it .. I'll play nice but my eyes will not leave it for one second.
- but mostly ... just leave it the hell alone and hope it leaves me alone.
edit on 3/16/2012 by FlyersFan because: typo

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Who in their right minds respect inanimate objects? Makes no sense

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join