It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Above Top Secret Internet Anomalies Or Alien Intervention?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Haha I love spirit fingers
I will now have images of William Shatner doing spirit fingers thanks to your google link.

OP I have gotten all kinds of odd things while doing google image searches. It has to do with the words in the link the image is on. The ones you saw of ATS probably had those words in the link the image is at. They are probably not even together but in the same page. I have had this happen many times while searching google images and google in general.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Yea,my avatar came from the web on a search for cool dogs,so go figure.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

I guess it's a good thing that you guys(its a collective) are bored,isn't it.
No fires.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Tin Wiki used to be as separate site that was run by ATS. You can still find a couple of people that carry the little thing in their profiles that say tinwiki editor. Here is one of them.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am pretty sure that the Admin who passed away, WilliamOnesac was the person that ran it.

There isn't nothing out of the ordinary with this. Took me two minutes of searching on ATS to find out what it was.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorfourwinds

Perhaps we can attract the attention of other ATS members who may be more versed in this sort of thing - like Slayer69, no, he’s always too busy with fan mail to avail itself to us mere mortals - how about this_is_who_we_are?

After all, tiwwa busted the time thieves and is considering suing the feds to retrieve the pilfered seven weeks for, we, the people. Word has it Springer is holding contributions to the legal fund in a secret geo cache somewhere in Arizona. One might PM it for the coordinates, if one was truly interested.

It's "Winter Forward" now, not "Spring Forward"

Thank you for mentioning my thread. I still don't know what you're getting at with this thread, but I'm sure it will all come together in the end. So... star and flag for the effort. Perhaps a brief summary is in order/ Like an "abstact" to a paper or the like.

- PS

Rule number 33 of Zombieland: Never use an unsecured line.

ETA: I still think there's something out of sorts to the time change being moved up 7 weeks over 46 years. I just don't know what that something is.

edit on 3/16/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo, added "reply to" line and ETA

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SusyQ30

Greetings:

Thank you.

So, TinWiki.org was under ATS ownership at one time?

The link you provided took us to a "TinWiki Editor."

Thank you.

What is the current ATS TinWiki information about, anyway? It does not seem to be
"utilized" at all.

Thank you for your time an consideration. We just found it interesting that there were different aspects to that particular TinWiki.

Still no valid reason given by any responder for Bryan's photo on the China Development page. None of the "sort" words are in the description.

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Aha!

All TinWiki answered here:

Thanks all.

As said before, no need to stray afar for answers... search ATS FIRST!

Peace Love Light
tfw

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Still no valid reason given by any responder for Bryan's photo on the China Development page. None of the "sort" words are in the description.

Bryan's photo is on the China development images page because the words "china developing" are included within the image....hover your mouse over it.

It's just how Google works....they are called keywords.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Bryan's photo is on the China development images page because the words "china developing" are included within the image....hover your mouse over it.

How are keywords recognized within an image? I thought keywords were sought for in lines of actual text.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

If you hover your mouse over the image of Bryan, it will give you the tag line that the image is indexed under.....and that tagline includes the text "China developing" which are the keywords used in the image search.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Why do I feel like the OP is having a conversation with himself.....and there are inside jokes none of us are aware of. If he isn't a troll....I have to wonder if we are watching someone's personal descent into madness. I'm not being callous here, this is bizarre behavior.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

If you hover your mouse over the image of Bryan, it will give you the tag line that the image is indexed under.....and that tagline includes the text "China developing" which are the keywords used in the image search.

Greetings Argyll:

Yes, descending into madness - radiation does that...

We actually showed the hovering of Bryan on page 2, thank you:

The reference to Bryan was a red herring to see if anyone actually took the time to read the thread and understand what the question really was and think that perhaps we were wrong in referencing Bryan ... shamelessly baiting a previous poster to come back with something positive. Oops, we seem to have caught the wrong fish.

Bobby Powell's image is actually the one in question. Here's the description - just can't figure out the connection. We've been researching keywords for a while, and have a keen interest in exactly how "search" works across a multitude of sites and tend to learn something new everyday.

That is precisely why that Bryan photo was "hovered," to provide clarity on this particular photo that seemed obvious as to why it would be there (China and Development plain to see here, folks).

Now, let's apply the same logic to Bobby Powell's, "THE TRUTH IS VIRAL #6" which DOES NOT contain the words, "China" and "Development."

Why is it there?

Seems that keywords more likely would be Publius, Federalist Paper #47, James Madison, End Game, United States, legislation, military, arrest, FEMA camps, GASP!, government.

Oh, and while you're at it, please help us understand kdod1982 on Neal Boortz's page by applying that same logic, as we are at a dead end here.

Or not.

No biggie, as many want to see this thread shutdown or have us committed, or worse.

We'll go start a fire...

P.S. Still awaiting the cheerleaders...

Peace Love Light
tfw

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Does this have something to do with the idea that particular search results are designed (through the juxtaposition of certain results with others) to produce a subliminal association within the mind of the person scanning through the results?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

How are keywords recognized within an image? I thought keywords were sought for in lines of actual text.

Greetings:

You are right again, oh saviour of time.

The keywords appear as "searchable" text when one's mouse is hovered over the pic.

Words in images do not compute.

Thank you for the time, consideration and participation.

Will we ever get the seven weeks back?

Peace Love Light
tfw

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I think we'll be losing even more time. Mysterious, isn't it? I bet it goes to the same place socks go when they disappear from one's dryer.

"Scully! We lost nine minutes!"

ETA: But seriously - something is still nagging me about the" time change" change. I know, I know.... retail, etc. etc.
edit on 3/16/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: ETA

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Does this have something to do with the idea that particular search results are designed (through the juxtaposition of certain results with others) to produce a subliminal association within the mind of the person scanning through the results?

Greetings:

Great theory!

Or are you insinuating that a lunatic is afoot? Thank you.

That is what we find most intriguing about the astute members of ATS.

Always another way of looking at the same thing to gain a different perspective. Thank you.

However, the issue remains: what is the relationship between Bobby's TYRANNY image and the China Development Photo site?

Why did the "sort" come out that way?

Someone had to program an algorithm somewhere along the line and we are merely curious how it was accomplished, as the phone lines are clean.

Peace Love Light
tfw

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorfourwinds
Q: ...are you insinuating that a lunatic is afoot?

A: Not at all.

However, the issue remains: what is the relationship between Bobby's TYRANNY image and the China Development Photo site?

Why did the "sort" come out that way?

Someone had to program an algorithm somewhere along the line and we are merely curious how it was accomplished...

This is the meat of the issue.
I don't have an answer, but this is an interesting topic for investigation.
edit on 3/16/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: color

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Greetings:

Thank you.

At last, an investigation. Sounds great.

We just are not comfortable with loose ends, as they usually are indicative of a larger problem.

Early to bed, early to rise.

Winter in the mountains of North Georgia, 76 today!

Peace Love Light
tfw

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Greetings:

You mean like this?

Diversion, the Primary Strategy

Experience has presented that the simplest method of securing a silent weapon and gaining control of the public is to keep the public undisciplined and ignorant of the basic system principles on the one hand, while keeping them confused, disorganized, and distracted with matters of no real importance on the other hand.

This is achieved by:

- disengaging their minds; sabotaging their mental activities; providing a low-quality program of public education in mathematics, logic, systems design and economics; and discouraging technical creativity.

- engaging their emotions, increasing their self-indulgence and their indulgence in emotional and physical activities, by:

1) unrelenting emotional affrontations and attacks (mental and emotional rape) by way of constant barrage of sex, violence, and wars in the media - especially the T.V. and the newspapers.

2) giving them what they desire - in excess - "junk food for thought" - and depriving them of what they really need.

- rewriting history and law and subjecting the public to the deviant creation, thus being able to shift their thinking from personal needs to highly fabricated outside priorities.

These preclude their interest in and discovery of the silent weapons of social automation technology.

The general rule is that there is a profit in confusion; the more confusion, the more profit. Therefore, the best approach is to create problems and then offer solutions.

But is anybody listening - and understanding?

Or, as zorgon so aptly put it, "no one really cares..."

Peace Love Light
tfw
edit on 17/3/2012 by thorfourwinds because: color

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I got one to throw you off abit,enjoy!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join